• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,623 - $23,335.

8.0

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

I would get another one.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "MPG 43.5"

Cons: "turning radius lacking in my opion"

"Over all mpg for my 9000 miles 43.5mpg happy with that for my 70 mile round trip to work and home.My 1st i'm Hybird I'm still getting use to the sounds it makes switching from one power to the other, hey it's on how you drive it if i fly to work doing 75-85 mph i can get mpg to drop to 35 mpg if i keep it in the 60-70 mph range i'm right at the 43.5"

Great car for the money!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

"To those who purchase a hybrid and think they will magically get 50 mpg, it won't happen! But this little car is smart. It teaches you how to drive to get the optimum fuel mileage. I am currently getting 42 mpg over the life of the vehicle. I am very satisfied with my C Max."

Great First Hybrid, Averaging 46 MPG in Mass

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage @ 46 mpg, plenty of power"

Cons: "No cubby holes in the dash"

"I have only had this car for 3 weeks. In that time I have put only 1,000 miles averaging 46 MPG. Living in Massachusetts, very close to Boston, I do a lot of mixed driving. Highway speeds you need to stay at 65 MPH to get any decent mileage out of it. City wise, you need to start slower and brake earlier than your use too. I have changed my driving habits minimally, but needed to get the MPG up. I am by no means a crazy MPG seeker trying everything to save gas. It does take some learning, especially the braking to get better mileage. When I can I take my time, but am also not afraid to lay into it and have both the gas and electric motors engaged (Trying to get on Route 1 near Boston you are trying to jump into 60 MPH traffic from a dead stop) and still get great gas mileage. Overall I am very impressed with the whole car, 0-60 time is great especially for being a hybrid, interior quality and finish, MyTouch is nice but a little slow compared to our smartphones. I do have the Navigation package, not worth the money if you like Google Maps in my opinion."

completely unreliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Cons: "Don't buy one."

"Since i purchased the car in 2012 the car electrical system as gone dead 4 times. The dealer has charged the battery, changed software, put in a new battery, and nothing seems to work. Ford service followup is the worst i have encountered the last 25 years. I called the company customer service center and they assured me that a regional representative would be calling me in 2 or 3 days. I never received a reply. I called again after the car stopped a third time. I was assured the rep would call in 2 or 3 days. Again no reply. I can't wait to get rid of this car. I hope it's eligible for the lemon law. Frustrated in Evansville"

Fun, Agile and Fast Economical Driving

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Whole car"

Cons: "Redundant controls"

"Mileage was the primary reason to get a hybrid and thought I lose out in performance and be pushing the limits to trying keep up with the cars in the fast lane. I drive about 65 miles a day with 55 miles on the expressway. The performance is outstanding and I travel the fast lane and catch myself exceeding the speed limit quite often. The ride is solid and sticks to the ground. A big surprise to me was the 40 mile per gallon range (39 to 41) without a change in my driving style. The driving part is great, the Hybrid part takes a little getting used to mostly in the way is starts. There is no engine cranking like a typical auto. I have been driving the Cmax for a year and still not used to it. The transition from gas to electric power is mostly not perceptible but once in a while the gas engine automatically transitions to electric can be noticed and may be startling while stopped in traffic. The air conditioning runs on its own compressor so the gas engine will run when needed to charge the battery and the heating is still from the engine but it also starts and stops when required. When warming the car while I was shoveling the snow in the driveway the Cmax engine stops and after a while starts running, all by itself and that got my attention. For myself the Hybrid system is different, The performance is Great, The interior is great, The driving controls are great. But the entertainment system interface takes something getting used to. Switching screens to listen to the radio, CD, AM, tone controls and some of the redundancies steering wheel controls and consul controls, voice controls, touch screen controls. I have no problem with them but I would rather have an old fashion push button radio."