• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,623 - $23,335.

8.0

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

I'm lovin' my CMAX

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Well priced, well designed, fun to drive"

Cons: "Color choices could be better"

"Read the reviews in advance that took issue with the advertised 47MPG fuel economy and can only assume the reviewers either didn't know how to drive a hybrid or were driving in the Rockies in mid-winter. I'm early in the "break in" stage and by using the "coach" and dashboard "status" screen, find that the car literally teaches me to drive smarter. Average fuel economy is 42.9MPG - and some trips have been significantly higher. By the time it's "broken in", I'm confident 47+MPG will be the norm. Great car!"

nice car but dont believe a word about the MPG

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "handles well"

Cons: "complete lie's about the MPG"

"I got my new cmax 3 months ago and drive mostly on the highway. When I reached 2000 miles and was still only at 36mpg average I called the dealership and one of the sales agents told me that I needed to have a tutorial on how to drive a hybrid and reach higher MPG's. After doing this he was DELUSIONAL in how he said you could drive to improve the mpg's. The only way to do this is if you are always coasting downhill and never have to touch the accelerator, otherwise you will move out of EV mode and not be able to get the advertised MPG's. (which are still not achievable even now that FORD has lowered them to a combined mpg of 43)"

The Ford C-Max is the BEST new car I've owned!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fuel economy, quality, features"

My 2013 Ford C-Max SE Hybrid

"I recently purchased a new Ford C-Max SE Hybrid. This is the best new car I've ever owned! The driving dynamics, performance, fuel economy, quality, styling and functionality of this car are superior. In the first week of driving (highway & city with a 20 mile round trip to work & home) I averaged over 45 MPG and the car isn't even through the break in period! I also bought this vehicle for about $3,000 less than a Toyota Prius V. If you are looking for a hybrid with superior quality, functionality, fuel economy & value you need to look at the Ford C-Max Hybrid or the C-Max Engeri (plug-in hybrid). You won't be disappointed!"

My 2013 Ford C-Max SE Hybrid

I LOVE IT

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE, LOVE THE ELECTRONICS"

Cons: "PASSENGER SEAT AND BACK SEAT NOT AS COMFY AS DRIVR"

"I love driving this car.. my husband and I fight for the drivers seat whenever we have to go anywhere. I wish the passenger side had automatic functions instead of manual because he usually wins the battle. Back seat also leaves a bit to be desired but all in all it is my favorite car. I have owned two 5.0 convertable mustanges an explorer and escape a camaro , focus and cavalier. This is by far my favorite."

love it

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "not a thing"

"outstanding mpg better than Prius"

Don't buy this car

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Easy to park."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage for a hybrid, poor quality."

"Nothing but problems with car since day one. Car doesn't get anywhere near the mileage it is supposed to. I get at best 39mpg turn on the A/C and mileage goes down to 32-33. Ford says this is normal! Car is built light I suppose for mileage. Interior parts are always rattling loose. Car is full of squeaks, rattles, parts coming loose. If the car got the gas mileage as advertised some of the other problems could be overlooked - maybe. Door panels have waves in them - Ford said was normal! Computer had to be reprogrammed 3-4 times. Software problems that I was told would take months to overcome. Software problems were such that the clock didn't even work!"

Very good I would purchase another

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, quiet smooth ride"

Cons: "No spare tire,"

"My wife and I love driving the C-max. Lots of room diver and passenger seat and quiet ride. All the option was easy to learn and use. The only three negatives: 1. For a compact car the turning ratio is large( K or U turns, tight spaces)2. No spare tire. 3.Glass on rear door does not open( had to open door to put small packages in)."

Worst car ever! 500/1000 defective UNSAFE!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "FAST!!!!! when it works"

Cons: "SYNC System deadly MPG grossly misrepresented"

"Yikes!Thanks Ca Lemon Law we can give Ford back their death trap.Ford SYNC System failed locked our windows and doors and turned off AC 105 degrees outside fortunately our service dogs window was locked in down position. Also 3 different times car was parked keys locked in box untouched un driven for 3 days all 4 windows rolled down and all 4 doors unlocked BY ITSELF. Car has huge interior fit a full size washing machine inside and was able to close lift gate with extra space its very fast when it works.Grossly exaggerated fuel efficiency already got a rebate check from Ford "for misrepresentation of sticker rating MPG" Our Ford 2013 Cmax hybrid un able to be driven 8 miles round trip to work 35 days 3 recalls(Ford still not completed work on recalls due to other battery issues)Car completely dead battery would not even jump start July 31st 2014. 15 days later I drove it 2 miles had be towed back to service for another week.DOT IHHTS has my registered complaints safety seriously disregarded by Ford as well as no return contact from Ford Customer relations after initial contacting them for help.I have made every single lease payment early and carried full insurance and so many attempts beyond reasonable to get Ford to get their service techs to fix this car.Just got car back and FYI gas mpg is dropping by the mile worse than ever has."

My Ford C-Max Experience Gets Worse!!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, Comfortable"

Cons: "It continues to have more problems all the time!!"

"Just when I thought my ford C-Max couldn't frustrate me any more....today the tailgate decided that it didn't want to latch itself. I need to give it a good hard MANUAL close for it to latch."

Great Car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Ride, Fit and Finsh, Features"

Cons: "Tire noise on rough roads"

"First I like to note that I have never bought a Ford before, always GM or Chrysler, but this car blew me away! I've owned this car for about a year and just cant believe what a neat car it is, I got one that had all the bells and whistles and Ford just did a great job putting this car together. When it gets very cold I get around 43 mpg, but when its warmer, over 50 degrees, I been getting from 47 to 52 mpg and I'm very pleased. I was told to expect 43 and some reviews Consumer Reports for one (which I learned a long time ago was not all together trustworthy) say they couldn't get better than 37? Well beyond that great mpg, its also a just a great car, it has the C-Max body (from a Ford car marketed in Europe for a number of years), focus chaise, and fusion hybrid engine system. It has on board blue tooth, and a computer voice command system that's not bad at all (bit of a learning curve). Great Sun Roof, and super back up camera and front/back beeping sensors (it even parallel parks itself). The breaks are bit jerky at first, but once you learn to light foot them, they are just fine. The hybrid system is near flawless, you can't feel the gas motor cutting in and cutting out, sometimes on a steep hill you can hear it, but don't feel it. Most of the time the only sound I hear is the road noise from the hybrid tires, not bad on good roads but can get noise on rough or gravel roads. Talked to a Ford mechanic about this car and he said they had the least amount of trouble out of this drive system than of any car they service. Oh and just a note, I came out of a Cadillac Deville and this is a lot smaller on the outside and much more nimble, but has the fit and finish of the Cadillac and on good roads as good a ride. That's saying a lot form a $25k car going up against a $45k car. Well good luck and good hunting, this is a nice, neat, and well organized car."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next