• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,595 - $23,313.

8.0

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Don't buy this car

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Easy to park."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage for a hybrid, poor quality."

"Nothing but problems with car since day one. Car doesn't get anywhere near the mileage it is supposed to. I get at best 39mpg turn on the A/C and mileage goes down to 32-33. Ford says this is normal! Car is built light I suppose for mileage. Interior parts are always rattling loose. Car is full of squeaks, rattles, parts coming loose. If the car got the gas mileage as advertised some of the other problems could be overlooked - maybe. Door panels have waves in them - Ford said was normal! Computer had to be reprogrammed 3-4 times. Software problems that I was told would take months to overcome. Software problems were such that the clock didn't even work!"

I shopped 5 years far a car with enough value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Ride, mileage, makes me happy to see traffic(!)"

Cons: "minor software idiosyncrasies"

"I did a lottt of research before plunking down thousands of dollars to buy my C-max, so was aware of the possibility that I might not get the full 47mpg claimed, and still I love this car even on the trips I don't achieve that mpg, and there are lots of trips I get a lot more than 47. My record is 82mpg. The main reason I chose the C-max over the Prius is the ride- I sometimes have back pain from all the driving I do, and the Prius's suspension is way too tight and hard, it would feel like being kicked in the butt all day long. I've been driving the C-max for 10 months with no back pain. There are lots of reasons to love the C-max, the active noise cancellation that makes the car as quiet as a luxury car (and not incidentally also shuts out the obnoxious bad music losers insist on playing at neighborhood disturbing volume levels) the automatic parallel park is brilliant, the space and size of the vehicle is excellent, especially for those who drive a lot and will be getting in and out of it all day. Which makes it even more baffling that the Prius's suspension is so punishing... And the center control panel of the Prius looks like it's covered with warts, (ugh) plus the actual physical controls of the C-max are better looking and much easier to use. I had the hatchback unreliability, but that has been fixed by a software update, and now works 100% of the time. The back-up camera with parking guidance lines that show you where the car will end up have made me back in to all parking spaces now because it's so much easier... fortunately, people are catching on to the back-up camera concept so that only one person in 10 months has tried to park in the space I was backing into. And it has power to spare, you're not locked into eco-hybrid-boring driving only, you can tear it up if you want/need to. And the voice control of everything, including the temp/climate, is great, and safer than looking down to control things."

Best car ever!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage and space."

Cons: "added expense for Energi version versus hybrid,"

"I have owned this car for a year. It has been flawless in operation with no mechanical issues. We are saving $600+ in gas a month. It fits our family comfortably and works great as a business car for us. We would highly recommend it!"

completely unreliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Cons: "Don't buy one."

"Since i purchased the car in 2012 the car electrical system as gone dead 4 times. The dealer has charged the battery, changed software, put in a new battery, and nothing seems to work. Ford service followup is the worst i have encountered the last 25 years. I called the company customer service center and they assured me that a regional representative would be calling me in 2 or 3 days. I never received a reply. I called again after the car stopped a third time. I was assured the rep would call in 2 or 3 days. Again no reply. I can't wait to get rid of this car. I hope it's eligible for the lemon law. Frustrated in Evansville"

Best Gas Mileage, Pretty car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable Gas mileage."

Cons: "Doesn't have a sunroof"

"It has everything you would want, or need in a Hatchback.(Except for backup camera) It has a beeping signal instead. Custom Ruby Red paint. Great pick-up speed. Haven't used free Sirius trial. Haven't programmed my phone or anything. Just Like brand new! Less than 2700 miles."