• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,663 - $24,364.

8.2

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

completely unreliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Cons: "Don't buy one."

"Since i purchased the car in 2012 the car electrical system as gone dead 4 times. The dealer has charged the battery, changed software, put in a new battery, and nothing seems to work. Ford service followup is the worst i have encountered the last 25 years. I called the company customer service center and they assured me that a regional representative would be calling me in 2 or 3 days. I never received a reply. I called again after the car stopped a third time. I was assured the rep would call in 2 or 3 days. Again no reply. I can't wait to get rid of this car. I hope it's eligible for the lemon law. Frustrated in Evansville"

Best Gas Mileage, Pretty car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable Gas mileage."

Cons: "Doesn't have a sunroof"

"It has everything you would want, or need in a Hatchback.(Except for backup camera) It has a beeping signal instead. Custom Ruby Red paint. Great pick-up speed. Haven't used free Sirius trial. Haven't programmed my phone or anything. Just Like brand new! Less than 2700 miles."

Fun, Agile and Fast Economical Driving

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Whole car"

Cons: "Redundant controls"

"Mileage was the primary reason to get a hybrid and thought I lose out in performance and be pushing the limits to trying keep up with the cars in the fast lane. I drive about 65 miles a day with 55 miles on the expressway. The performance is outstanding and I travel the fast lane and catch myself exceeding the speed limit quite often. The ride is solid and sticks to the ground. A big surprise to me was the 40 mile per gallon range (39 to 41) without a change in my driving style. The driving part is great, the Hybrid part takes a little getting used to mostly in the way is starts. There is no engine cranking like a typical auto. I have been driving the Cmax for a year and still not used to it. The transition from gas to electric power is mostly not perceptible but once in a while the gas engine automatically transitions to electric can be noticed and may be startling while stopped in traffic. The air conditioning runs on its own compressor so the gas engine will run when needed to charge the battery and the heating is still from the engine but it also starts and stops when required. When warming the car while I was shoveling the snow in the driveway the Cmax engine stops and after a while starts running, all by itself and that got my attention. For myself the Hybrid system is different, The performance is Great, The interior is great, The driving controls are great. But the entertainment system interface takes something getting used to. Switching screens to listen to the radio, CD, AM, tone controls and some of the redundancies steering wheel controls and consul controls, voice controls, touch screen controls. I have no problem with them but I would rather have an old fashion push button radio."

The Ford C-Max is the BEST new car I've owned!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fuel economy, quality, features"

My 2013 Ford C-Max SE Hybrid

"I recently purchased a new Ford C-Max SE Hybrid. This is the best new car I've ever owned! The driving dynamics, performance, fuel economy, quality, styling and functionality of this car are superior. In the first week of driving (highway & city with a 20 mile round trip to work & home) I averaged over 45 MPG and the car isn't even through the break in period! I also bought this vehicle for about $3,000 less than a Toyota Prius V. If you are looking for a hybrid with superior quality, functionality, fuel economy & value you need to look at the Ford C-Max Hybrid or the C-Max Engeri (plug-in hybrid). You won't be disappointed!"

My 2013 Ford C-Max SE Hybrid

nice car but dont believe a word about the MPG

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "handles well"

Cons: "complete lie's about the MPG"

"I got my new cmax 3 months ago and drive mostly on the highway. When I reached 2000 miles and was still only at 36mpg average I called the dealership and one of the sales agents told me that I needed to have a tutorial on how to drive a hybrid and reach higher MPG's. After doing this he was DELUSIONAL in how he said you could drive to improve the mpg's. The only way to do this is if you are always coasting downhill and never have to touch the accelerator, otherwise you will move out of EV mode and not be able to get the advertised MPG's. (which are still not achievable even now that FORD has lowered them to a combined mpg of 43)"

See if you qualify for