• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,623 - $23,335.

8.0

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love this car

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, sits higher than Prius"

"Im getting 48 mpg in mixed driving, town, country roads and highway. Very comfortable interior. Im 5'3" so really appreciate the telescoping steering wheel and adjustable height seat. 6 ft friend had lots of leg room and head room. Definitely recommend this car. And love the fact that it is an American car."

Liked it from day one.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage"

Cons: "Nothing yet"

"Purchased the SEL in October with everything but the glass roof. Had a PC clich that Ford Engineers seem to have worked out. Drove 20 miles today, both city and interstate and averaged above 50 mpg. Couldn't do that prior to the PC fix. Love the ease of entry to the drivers seat. Easiest entry/exit vehicle that I have owned ever. Been driving for 55 years. Love the foot operated tailgate, heated seats, great forward windshield visibility, backup camera and side and rear sensors. Accelation is great. Tried Prius and Prius V. Glad I waited for this one. Fun to drive. Had Car in dealership for many days. Ford provided loaner while Engineers studied problem with PC. Protection mode canceled accelerator pedal and vehicle would self accelerate to 35mph by itself. Engineers came up with fix and car is performing better than at first. Fuel mileage increased because of the fix."

I just bought my C-Max and LOVE it!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

Pros: "Stylish, great MPG, great handling, American Made"

Cons: "Haven't found any yet!"

"I have been a die hard Saturn fan for years but recently took a new job and have to commute 100 miles a day. I researched hybrids and drove Prius, Honda Civic and the C Max and the C Max beat out all the rest hands down! It's classy, stylish, comfortable, handles great and has great umph! Mileage is good, not quite to what's posted but it's increasing daily as the car is broken in. I think Ford has hit this one out of the park! I was also very happy to find a great hybrid that is American made from a company that stayed strong through all the financial crisis. Go Ford! I'm very happy with my new car!"

Finally, A Hybrid That Drives Like A Real Vehicle

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, technology-rich, quiet, roomy, mpg"

Cons: "MyFord Touch slightly wonky, small storage in back"

"Hybrid vehicles like the Toyota Prius have gained a well-earned reputation for being gentle at the pump but somewhat rough to drive, especially up hills or at high speeds. The Ford C-Max Hybrid steps into the void and does a terrific job blending excellent fuel economy with a ride that doesn't punish you for trying to save on gas. Acceleration is brisk and immediate, while the steering comfortably grips the road with a sporty flair. On uphill jaunts the engine won't whine or strain, although fuel economy will obviously dip. Due to a generous amount of headroom and excellent interior placement, the ride feels open and free to an almost luxurious degree. The backseat also features lots of headroom, although longer-limbed individuals may be glad the front seats can be pulled a long ways forward. The cargo area is slightly undersized with the backseats up and somewhat more ample with them down, although it offers more than enough storage space for the typical shopping or vacation excursion. The automatic rear liftgate will almost immediately become a favorite feature, as it as proved its usefulness repeatedly for me since I often have to carry heavy computing machinery to my vehicle. Not having to fish for my keys or struggle to reach a handle has made this task much, much easier. The technology system that came with my SEL trim is also an enjoyable trait, as it features a deep and vibrant reporting system that can tell you almost anything you want to know about the sate of the vehicle, from fuel economy and vehicle health to the current satellite radio station, track and artist, all at the press of a button. The most important feedback the car will give you through the gorgeous LCD displays integrated into the dash is the customizable mileage and energy expenditure gauges. If you are observant of the car's realtime reporting you can reach and exceed the EPA mileage ratings, although typical, heavy-footed drivers will likely average closer to 40 MPGs rather than the EPA-rated 47. My car included the latest version of the Ford MyTouch system designed by Microsoft, and featured voice commands (which you prompt through a switch on the steering wheel) that generally did a good job understanding typical English. The rearview camera system would also show on the large 8.4" center screen that housed the MyTouch computer. While some people may get confused by the deep menu of commands available to them in the MyFord Touch system, I had a good experience with it since I have a technology background. The ability to direct the navigation system to a new destination by voice commands worked well, and the ability to tell the car which MP3s to play off of my USB thumbdrive by name or artist was a joy to use. Overall, the 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid is an excellent car that finally marries an above-average driving experience with the fuel economy of much more spartan cars. If you're looking for a stylish, feature-filled car that can actually pull its own weight without hurting you at the pump, this vehicle has to be at the top of a very exclusive list."

GREAT RELIABLE CAR BUT...............

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. SMOOTH"

Cons: "MPG NOT WHAT STATES ON STICKER"

"I purchased my 2013 ford cmax hybrid sel with all the bells and whistles right off the show room floor at the end of October. I was pitched by all the sales guys and seen commercials pitching that it gets 47 mg combined. even said on the sticker. I bought the vehicle and I am very meticulous about my mpg. This is the sole reason I bought this vehicle. I drive a lot. I have now put 21,000 miles on it. It has been reliable and has no problems and overall a great driving experience. Here my problem. After the first hundred miles of driving I was only getting 36 mpg.I immediately called the dealer and asked them why it wasn't getting 47mpg as on the sticker. They didn't know and said they would research it for me. So, after I er waiting a few days. They call me and tell me the "THE HEAVY DUTY BREAK IN OIL IS CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO GET LESS MPG. YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOUR 10,000 MILE SERVICE TO RECEIVE THE FULL BENEFITS OF YOUR VEHICLES MPG". I thought this was ridiculous but I had to believe them. I kept in touch with the sales rep from the dealership and it continued 36 mpg. Mind you that is 11 miles less then the sticker. so, at 9,980 miles on the car I went and got my 10,000 mile service. They changed the oil and all the other things they do during that kind of service. When I leave they tell me" YOU SHOULD SEE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN MPG NOW". I had to drive another 250 miles that day. I reset the trip 1 just to accurately check the mpg from that day. And after my day. MY MPG WENT DOWN to 31 mpg. I couldn't believe it. I called the dealership and complained. Feeling I have been lied too multiple times just to get a sale of the most expensive version of this car they had on the showroom floor. The dealership then told me they would call me back . A few days later they again tell me. but now the full breakin period for my vehicle is 20,000 miles. Now I know they are lieing. Because you know what. AFTER 21000 MILES I ONLY AVG. 35.6 MPG. HOPE THIS HELPS ."