• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,693 - $24,386.

8.2

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

GREAT RELIABLE CAR BUT...............

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. SMOOTH"

Cons: "MPG NOT WHAT STATES ON STICKER"

"I purchased my 2013 ford cmax hybrid sel with all the bells and whistles right off the show room floor at the end of October. I was pitched by all the sales guys and seen commercials pitching that it gets 47 mg combined. even said on the sticker. I bought the vehicle and I am very meticulous about my mpg. This is the sole reason I bought this vehicle. I drive a lot. I have now put 21,000 miles on it. It has been reliable and has no problems and overall a great driving experience. Here my problem. After the first hundred miles of driving I was only getting 36 mpg.I immediately called the dealer and asked them why it wasn't getting 47mpg as on the sticker. They didn't know and said they would research it for me. So, after I er waiting a few days. They call me and tell me the "THE HEAVY DUTY BREAK IN OIL IS CAUSING THE VEHICLE TO GET LESS MPG. YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL YOUR 10,000 MILE SERVICE TO RECEIVE THE FULL BENEFITS OF YOUR VEHICLES MPG". I thought this was ridiculous but I had to believe them. I kept in touch with the sales rep from the dealership and it continued 36 mpg. Mind you that is 11 miles less then the sticker. so, at 9,980 miles on the car I went and got my 10,000 mile service. They changed the oil and all the other things they do during that kind of service. When I leave they tell me" YOU SHOULD SEE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT IN MPG NOW". I had to drive another 250 miles that day. I reset the trip 1 just to accurately check the mpg from that day. And after my day. MY MPG WENT DOWN to 31 mpg. I couldn't believe it. I called the dealership and complained. Feeling I have been lied too multiple times just to get a sale of the most expensive version of this car they had on the showroom floor. The dealership then told me they would call me back . A few days later they again tell me. but now the full breakin period for my vehicle is 20,000 miles. Now I know they are lieing. Because you know what. AFTER 21000 MILES I ONLY AVG. 35.6 MPG. HOPE THIS HELPS ."

Best car ever!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage and space."

Cons: "added expense for Energi version versus hybrid,"

"I have owned this car for a year. It has been flawless in operation with no mechanical issues. We are saving $600+ in gas a month. It fits our family comfortably and works great as a business car for us. We would highly recommend it!"

Very excited to buy this car after driving it.

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Fun, great MPG, amazing front seats, good ride"

Cons: "No memory seat option"

"I am amazed at how much I loved this little wagon/ not quite a van/ tall hatch! It is actually fun to drive unlike the Prius (I had one as a loaner while my vehicle had body work done). The car accelerates smoothly, rides great and has good handling. There is little lean in turns. The seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in. They are way better then my current Infiniti or my Acura I had before that. I didn't have any problems using the controls. The amazing thing is you forget your driving a hybrid. The only noticeable turning on and off of the engine is a slight whiring sound that is barely detected. This is far different then the Prius I drove that felt like it was stalling all the time. It also has plenty of get up and go if you need it. I nearly killed myself trying to get the Prius to go. I am amazed at Ford. I haven't owned an American car in 20 years but I am, without a doubt, buying this fun little hybrid. I am not rating reliability because I don't own the vehicle. I can say that I know several people who have had fords recently, including the escape hybrid, and they have all been reliable. I also know of someone who had the hybrid battery system fail in their fairly new Prius. I also personally owned a corrola that was the worst car I've ever had in my life. I have always leaned towards Honda or Nissan products but the lat two have been nothing special reliability wise. I will rate reliability on this model after I have owned it."

More people should drive hybrids

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Styling, performance, price"

Cons: "Steering takes a large radius"

"Hybrids were not a choice for us until now. Styling, price and performance were the issues. This car has the styling. It looks great. Ford has really come on strong with their new line up. We originally were looking at the new Fusion and not heard of the C-Max. My wife saw it at the dealer and really liked it. Price was pretty good for a car with all the features. We got the SEL with the 303a. A conventional vehicle like this wouldn't be much different in price. We saw a similarly equipped Focus for just a little less. Driving it was a surprize. This car really goes. My neighbor says his Prius barely makes it up the hill where we live. The car handles well and is almost silent even when the gas motor is running.The steering seems to take a lot of work to get into a tight parking spot. We haven't tried the active parking yet. Gas mileage is not quite there yet. So far the gauge shows we are gettting 35-38 mpg. I hope to learn to drive better and get the rated 47 mpg but I'm pretty heavy footed. The auto liftgate with foot activation is not working all the time so I need to take it in. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any other defects."

not getting mpg as stricker states

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

"I like the quiet engine. But my mpg is lower that the stricker stated. Was told to drive for about 1000 mile and I would break it in. Well after about 3000 miles was was still getting only 38 mpg. Ford checked it out and said there was nothing wrong with my C-Max. I drive 2000 mile a month in all weather conditon and crusie control about 70% of the time on hwy and still getting 38mpg. If i drive 40 to 70 mile per hour it is still 38 mpg. I have contacted the Ford company about the false advestisement. Somenone did get back with me. We will see what will happen in this matter. The mpg was the only reason I brought the car in the first place to save on the gas mileage. Hopefully this can be settled. Will keep everyone updated."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, Fun to drive, Good looking,"

Cons: "Arm rests are to low, Some engine noise in the cab"

"After looking at the Toyota Prius this car was the obvious choice for me. The car comes loaded with standard features that the Prius did not have. And it is nice to know that this car can give you great acceleration. This car is a mix between the Focus and the Escape. It looks good and it runs good. I’m so happy with this car. Ford has done a great job with this car!"

It's fine, but not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Pros: -Comfortable *More length between the seats and floor boards, which makes you feel like you aren't sitting on the ground and gives more leg room. *Spacious head room -Smooth transition between battery and gas -Plenty of space in the back for anything and everything I have wanted to put in it, including a large bathtub. -Enough horsepower to not feel strained even with 4 large men in the car. Cons: -Terrible turning radius. -MyTouch features are constantly messing up, such as clock changing times, Sirius 'buttons' show blank rather than the stations, and bluetooth to my phone hardly ever works and when it does the person on the other side says it sounds like a hair dryer is blowing. -My MPG over the lifetime of the car is 42.0 and I've put 30k on it in the year that I've had it. Since the software update, I have been getting a little better gas mileage. With the way I drive, in the city it's about 46 and highway 36. -Ford customer service has been extremely difficult to talk to. Any time I have a question or am unhappy with something on my car, they have been rude and always say 'that's just the way it is', 'we have never heard of that before' or some other remark that's equally unhelpful. -The clicker on the key for the hatchback can be frustrating at times. You are supposed to click it twice to open it, but sometimes it will just refuse to open. It will unlatch, but not lift. -If you do have to break hard (like a score of 50 or less on the 'coach' thing), the car lurches forward a couple times during the break almost like there are air bubbles in the breaking system. I think it has something to do with the hybrid system."

I would get another one.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "MPG 43.5"

Cons: "turning radius lacking in my opion"

"Over all mpg for my 9000 miles 43.5mpg happy with that for my 70 mile round trip to work and home.My 1st i'm Hybird I'm still getting use to the sounds it makes switching from one power to the other, hey it's on how you drive it if i fly to work doing 75-85 mph i can get mpg to drop to 35 mpg if i keep it in the 60-70 mph range i'm right at the 43.5"

completely unreliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Cons: "Don't buy one."

"Since i purchased the car in 2012 the car electrical system as gone dead 4 times. The dealer has charged the battery, changed software, put in a new battery, and nothing seems to work. Ford service followup is the worst i have encountered the last 25 years. I called the company customer service center and they assured me that a regional representative would be calling me in 2 or 3 days. I never received a reply. I called again after the car stopped a third time. I was assured the rep would call in 2 or 3 days. Again no reply. I can't wait to get rid of this car. I hope it's eligible for the lemon law. Frustrated in Evansville"

Great First Hybrid, Averaging 46 MPG in Mass

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage @ 46 mpg, plenty of power"

Cons: "No cubby holes in the dash"

"I have only had this car for 3 weeks. In that time I have put only 1,000 miles averaging 46 MPG. Living in Massachusetts, very close to Boston, I do a lot of mixed driving. Highway speeds you need to stay at 65 MPH to get any decent mileage out of it. City wise, you need to start slower and brake earlier than your use too. I have changed my driving habits minimally, but needed to get the MPG up. I am by no means a crazy MPG seeker trying everything to save gas. It does take some learning, especially the braking to get better mileage. When I can I take my time, but am also not afraid to lay into it and have both the gas and electric motors engaged (Trying to get on Route 1 near Boston you are trying to jump into 60 MPH traffic from a dead stop) and still get great gas mileage. Overall I am very impressed with the whole car, 0-60 time is great especially for being a hybrid, interior quality and finish, MyTouch is nice but a little slow compared to our smartphones. I do have the Navigation package, not worth the money if you like Google Maps in my opinion."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next