• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,623 - $23,335.

8.0

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best car ever!

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage and space."

Cons: "added expense for Energi version versus hybrid,"

"I have owned this car for a year. It has been flawless in operation with no mechanical issues. We are saving $600+ in gas a month. It fits our family comfortably and works great as a business car for us. We would highly recommend it!"

Very excited to buy this car after driving it.

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Fun, great MPG, amazing front seats, good ride"

Cons: "No memory seat option"

"I am amazed at how much I loved this little wagon/ not quite a van/ tall hatch! It is actually fun to drive unlike the Prius (I had one as a loaner while my vehicle had body work done). The car accelerates smoothly, rides great and has good handling. There is little lean in turns. The seats are some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in. They are way better then my current Infiniti or my Acura I had before that. I didn't have any problems using the controls. The amazing thing is you forget your driving a hybrid. The only noticeable turning on and off of the engine is a slight whiring sound that is barely detected. This is far different then the Prius I drove that felt like it was stalling all the time. It also has plenty of get up and go if you need it. I nearly killed myself trying to get the Prius to go. I am amazed at Ford. I haven't owned an American car in 20 years but I am, without a doubt, buying this fun little hybrid. I am not rating reliability because I don't own the vehicle. I can say that I know several people who have had fords recently, including the escape hybrid, and they have all been reliable. I also know of someone who had the hybrid battery system fail in their fairly new Prius. I also personally owned a corrola that was the worst car I've ever had in my life. I have always leaned towards Honda or Nissan products but the lat two have been nothing special reliability wise. I will rate reliability on this model after I have owned it."

More people should drive hybrids

By on Friday, October 19, 2012

Pros: "Styling, performance, price"

Cons: "Steering takes a large radius"

"Hybrids were not a choice for us until now. Styling, price and performance were the issues. This car has the styling. It looks great. Ford has really come on strong with their new line up. We originally were looking at the new Fusion and not heard of the C-Max. My wife saw it at the dealer and really liked it. Price was pretty good for a car with all the features. We got the SEL with the 303a. A conventional vehicle like this wouldn't be much different in price. We saw a similarly equipped Focus for just a little less. Driving it was a surprize. This car really goes. My neighbor says his Prius barely makes it up the hill where we live. The car handles well and is almost silent even when the gas motor is running.The steering seems to take a lot of work to get into a tight parking spot. We haven't tried the active parking yet. Gas mileage is not quite there yet. So far the gauge shows we are gettting 35-38 mpg. I hope to learn to drive better and get the rated 47 mpg but I'm pretty heavy footed. The auto liftgate with foot activation is not working all the time so I need to take it in. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any other defects."

not getting mpg as stricker states

By on Friday, March 08, 2013

"I like the quiet engine. But my mpg is lower that the stricker stated. Was told to drive for about 1000 mile and I would break it in. Well after about 3000 miles was was still getting only 38 mpg. Ford checked it out and said there was nothing wrong with my C-Max. I drive 2000 mile a month in all weather conditon and crusie control about 70% of the time on hwy and still getting 38mpg. If i drive 40 to 70 mile per hour it is still 38 mpg. I have contacted the Ford company about the false advestisement. Somenone did get back with me. We will see what will happen in this matter. The mpg was the only reason I brought the car in the first place to save on the gas mileage. Hopefully this can be settled. Will keep everyone updated."

It's fine, but not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Pros: -Comfortable *More length between the seats and floor boards, which makes you feel like you aren't sitting on the ground and gives more leg room. *Spacious head room -Smooth transition between battery and gas -Plenty of space in the back for anything and everything I have wanted to put in it, including a large bathtub. -Enough horsepower to not feel strained even with 4 large men in the car. Cons: -Terrible turning radius. -MyTouch features are constantly messing up, such as clock changing times, Sirius 'buttons' show blank rather than the stations, and bluetooth to my phone hardly ever works and when it does the person on the other side says it sounds like a hair dryer is blowing. -My MPG over the lifetime of the car is 42.0 and I've put 30k on it in the year that I've had it. Since the software update, I have been getting a little better gas mileage. With the way I drive, in the city it's about 46 and highway 36. -Ford customer service has been extremely difficult to talk to. Any time I have a question or am unhappy with something on my car, they have been rude and always say 'that's just the way it is', 'we have never heard of that before' or some other remark that's equally unhelpful. -The clicker on the key for the hatchback can be frustrating at times. You are supposed to click it twice to open it, but sometimes it will just refuse to open. It will unlatch, but not lift. -If you do have to break hard (like a score of 50 or less on the 'coach' thing), the car lurches forward a couple times during the break almost like there are air bubbles in the breaking system. I think it has something to do with the hybrid system."

Fun to drive

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Pros: "Fuel economy, Fun to drive, Good looking,"

Cons: "Arm rests are to low, Some engine noise in the cab"

"After looking at the Toyota Prius this car was the obvious choice for me. The car comes loaded with standard features that the Prius did not have. And it is nice to know that this car can give you great acceleration. This car is a mix between the Focus and the Escape. It looks good and it runs good. I’m so happy with this car. Ford has done a great job with this car!"

Traded in my Prius for C-max

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "Sits up higher than most cars, nice conveniences."

Cons: "no opening sun-roof option,"

"I was driving a Prius lease for the past 3 years. Loved the fuel economy on it, but wanted something fuel efficient, something that sat up a little higher than the Prius (although that wasn't bad), and a little more comfortable on our frequent trips. The Prius V looked like a station wagon to me, and really didn't sit up any higher, just had a larger cargo area. Not what we wanted. Although we are still in the "break-in" period, because we were used to driving a hybrid, we are averaging 40mpg so far. Considering it is still cold out (where is early Spring anyway?), we were only getting about 43mpg on the Prius in winter because of winter fuel and heating the engine. That said, we are happy with the mileage so far, as this IS a heavier vehicle, and I LOVE the SUV look of this car. It sits up high enough that I can look eye-to-eye with most SUV's which is great!"

Love my Maxie!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great exceleration & mileage"

"I love this car. It's comfortable, solid feeling, handles beautifully, gets really good mileage (about 44 mph average so far…lots more sometimes.) I love the hands free phone and the Sync feature for my iphone music with hands free too. It's also worth the $5 mo for the ability to get directions and tell the system which artist or playlist I want to play without looking at the iphone or ipod. Nice, nice feature! I have the SE, the basic model without the parking feature or foot touch for the back, but I really don't need those features. The visibility is fantastic vs the Prius, and although the hatchback door is heavy, this 69 yr old woman has no problem lifting it! One other note: I have always had a lead foot and love speed, so gentle starts and stops took a little getting used to, but I find that I'm enjoying driving a lot more because I'm not as "driven" to get a fast start and stop. However, the exceleration is really good when you need it (very powerful) and you can put on cruise control when you hit 65 or 70 and let it rip!"

Best Gas Mileage, Pretty car

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, unbelievable Gas mileage."

Cons: "Doesn't have a sunroof"

"It has everything you would want, or need in a Hatchback.(Except for backup camera) It has a beeping signal instead. Custom Ruby Red paint. Great pick-up speed. Haven't used free Sirius trial. Haven't programmed my phone or anything. Just Like brand new! Less than 2700 miles."

Unreliable Car

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Poor mileage, battery problems, unreliable"

"I have had this car for about a year and a half. The things that caused me to buy this car were the stated gas milage as well as the comfort. It is comfortable to drive and has enough storage space. First off, the milage (proposed 47 MPG) has been on average 37mpg. The comfort is still there though, so I have that going for me. Unfortunately it has proven to be incredibly unreliable. So far I have taken it into the shop more times than I took my previous car in, which I had for eight years. First there were problems that caused it to not respond for about 10 seconds when you tried to reverse the car. After that, the MyFord Sync system stopped responding. After taking it in twice for that, I have given up and deal with the fact that I can't plug in anything to the USB port, and that the car will randomly interrupt whatever I am doing to say it can't play a device (when there isn't a device plugged in.) There were many recalls (I think there have been 5?) that I have had to take the car in to have something vital replaced. Most recently, I awoke one morning getting ready to go to work and found my car wouldn't start. Nothing was left on, it wasn't out in the freezing cold, and I had driven normally the previous day. In my opinion, a car that won't start regularly isn't worth much of anything. If you can't rely on your car to get you to work in the morning, there is no sense in having it to decorate your lot. I have many times started the car (or not, in this instance) to find a new problem that has no cause. I fear that more problems will continue to arise."