• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,719 - $23,420.

8.0

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

GREAT CAR, LOVE TO DRIVE IT!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "size (bigger than expected) and mileage... price"

Cons: "road noise is louder than some others."

"Living on a dirt road in the country I was worried that the car would be rough in a hurry... It is great. I drive 100 miles daily and I LOVE the gas savings. The back roads are not to tough for my hybrid!!! I would recommend this car to anyone who drives a lot and needs space. The interior has a TON of room and is comfortable for 2 Adults and 2 teens for an 800 mile road trip! LOVE THIS CAR!"

unreliable with battery problem. inferiorly made.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "more horse power than other small hybrids,"

Cons: "false gas mileage, noisy, battery problem"

"MPG less than what they advertised, makes loud noise when accelerating, parts are cheaply made, not easy to set up the dash computer. My worst complaint about this car is the battery problem. The battery has died on me 4 times so far. They changed battery in May this year and it died again first week of August. Ford acknowledges their is a problem but really, i don't think they know how to fix it. If it dies one more time, i will ask for an arbitration process to claim this a lemon! No i would not recommend this car."

Worst car ever! 500/1000 defective UNSAFE!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "FAST!!!!! when it works"

Cons: "SYNC System deadly MPG grossly misrepresented"

"Yikes!Thanks Ca Lemon Law we can give Ford back their death trap.Ford SYNC System failed locked our windows and doors and turned off AC 105 degrees outside fortunately our service dogs window was locked in down position. Also 3 different times car was parked keys locked in box untouched un driven for 3 days all 4 windows rolled down and all 4 doors unlocked BY ITSELF. Car has huge interior fit a full size washing machine inside and was able to close lift gate with extra space its very fast when it works.Grossly exaggerated fuel efficiency already got a rebate check from Ford "for misrepresentation of sticker rating MPG" Our Ford 2013 Cmax hybrid un able to be driven 8 miles round trip to work 35 days 3 recalls(Ford still not completed work on recalls due to other battery issues)Car completely dead battery would not even jump start July 31st 2014. 15 days later I drove it 2 miles had be towed back to service for another week.DOT IHHTS has my registered complaints safety seriously disregarded by Ford as well as no return contact from Ford Customer relations after initial contacting them for help.I have made every single lease payment early and carried full insurance and so many attempts beyond reasonable to get Ford to get their service techs to fix this car.Just got car back and FYI gas mpg is dropping by the mile worse than ever has."

I would get another one.

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "MPG 43.5"

Cons: "turning radius lacking in my opion"

"Over all mpg for my 9000 miles 43.5mpg happy with that for my 70 mile round trip to work and home.My 1st i'm Hybird I'm still getting use to the sounds it makes switching from one power to the other, hey it's on how you drive it if i fly to work doing 75-85 mph i can get mpg to drop to 35 mpg if i keep it in the 60-70 mph range i'm right at the 43.5"

Great car for the money!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

"To those who purchase a hybrid and think they will magically get 50 mpg, it won't happen! But this little car is smart. It teaches you how to drive to get the optimum fuel mileage. I am currently getting 42 mpg over the life of the vehicle. I am very satisfied with my C Max."

Great car for the money!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

love my little c-max

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "not a thing"

"we love it it fits three car seats in back"

Unreliable Car

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Poor mileage, battery problems, unreliable"

"I have had this car for about a year and a half. The things that caused me to buy this car were the stated gas milage as well as the comfort. It is comfortable to drive and has enough storage space. First off, the milage (proposed 47 MPG) has been on average 37mpg. The comfort is still there though, so I have that going for me. Unfortunately it has proven to be incredibly unreliable. So far I have taken it into the shop more times than I took my previous car in, which I had for eight years. First there were problems that caused it to not respond for about 10 seconds when you tried to reverse the car. After that, the MyFord Sync system stopped responding. After taking it in twice for that, I have given up and deal with the fact that I can't plug in anything to the USB port, and that the car will randomly interrupt whatever I am doing to say it can't play a device (when there isn't a device plugged in.) There were many recalls (I think there have been 5?) that I have had to take the car in to have something vital replaced. Most recently, I awoke one morning getting ready to go to work and found my car wouldn't start. Nothing was left on, it wasn't out in the freezing cold, and I had driven normally the previous day. In my opinion, a car that won't start regularly isn't worth much of anything. If you can't rely on your car to get you to work in the morning, there is no sense in having it to decorate your lot. I have many times started the car (or not, in this instance) to find a new problem that has no cause. I fear that more problems will continue to arise."

Love my Maxie!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great exceleration & mileage"

"I love this car. It's comfortable, solid feeling, handles beautifully, gets really good mileage (about 44 mph average so far…lots more sometimes.) I love the hands free phone and the Sync feature for my iphone music with hands free too. It's also worth the $5 mo for the ability to get directions and tell the system which artist or playlist I want to play without looking at the iphone or ipod. Nice, nice feature! I have the SE, the basic model without the parking feature or foot touch for the back, but I really don't need those features. The visibility is fantastic vs the Prius, and although the hatchback door is heavy, this 69 yr old woman has no problem lifting it! One other note: I have always had a lead foot and love speed, so gentle starts and stops took a little getting used to, but I find that I'm enjoying driving a lot more because I'm not as "driven" to get a fast start and stop. However, the exceleration is really good when you need it (very powerful) and you can put on cruise control when you hit 65 or 70 and let it rip!"

It's fine, but not worth the price

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Pros: -Comfortable *More length between the seats and floor boards, which makes you feel like you aren't sitting on the ground and gives more leg room. *Spacious head room -Smooth transition between battery and gas -Plenty of space in the back for anything and everything I have wanted to put in it, including a large bathtub. -Enough horsepower to not feel strained even with 4 large men in the car. Cons: -Terrible turning radius. -MyTouch features are constantly messing up, such as clock changing times, Sirius 'buttons' show blank rather than the stations, and bluetooth to my phone hardly ever works and when it does the person on the other side says it sounds like a hair dryer is blowing. -My MPG over the lifetime of the car is 42.0 and I've put 30k on it in the year that I've had it. Since the software update, I have been getting a little better gas mileage. With the way I drive, in the city it's about 46 and highway 36. -Ford customer service has been extremely difficult to talk to. Any time I have a question or am unhappy with something on my car, they have been rude and always say 'that's just the way it is', 'we have never heard of that before' or some other remark that's equally unhelpful. -The clicker on the key for the hatchback can be frustrating at times. You are supposed to click it twice to open it, but sometimes it will just refuse to open. It will unlatch, but not lift. -If you do have to break hard (like a score of 50 or less on the 'coach' thing), the car lurches forward a couple times during the break almost like there are air bubbles in the breaking system. I think it has something to do with the hybrid system."