2013 Ford C-MAX Hybrid Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,623 - $23,335.

8.0

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great Car!

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Ride, Fit and Finsh, Features"

Cons: "Tire noise on rough roads"

"First I like to note that I have never bought a Ford before, always GM or Chrysler, but this car blew me away! I've owned this car for about a year and just cant believe what a neat car it is, I got one that had all the bells and whistles and Ford just did a great job putting this car together. When it gets very cold I get around 43 mpg, but when its warmer, over 50 degrees, I been getting from 47 to 52 mpg and I'm very pleased. I was told to expect 43 and some reviews Consumer Reports for one (which I learned a long time ago was not all together trustworthy) say they couldn't get better than 37? Well beyond that great mpg, its also a just a great car, it has the C-Max body (from a Ford car marketed in Europe for a number of years), focus chaise, and fusion hybrid engine system. It has on board blue tooth, and a computer voice command system that's not bad at all (bit of a learning curve). Great Sun Roof, and super back up camera and front/back beeping sensors (it even parallel parks itself). The breaks are bit jerky at first, but once you learn to light foot them, they are just fine. The hybrid system is near flawless, you can't feel the gas motor cutting in and cutting out, sometimes on a steep hill you can hear it, but don't feel it. Most of the time the only sound I hear is the road noise from the hybrid tires, not bad on good roads but can get noise on rough or gravel roads. Talked to a Ford mechanic about this car and he said they had the least amount of trouble out of this drive system than of any car they service. Oh and just a note, I came out of a Cadillac Deville and this is a lot smaller on the outside and much more nimble, but has the fit and finish of the Cadillac and on good roads as good a ride. That's saying a lot form a $25k car going up against a $45k car. Well good luck and good hunting, this is a nice, neat, and well organized car."

Very good I would purchase another

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage, quiet smooth ride"

Cons: "No spare tire,"

"My wife and I love driving the C-max. Lots of room diver and passenger seat and quiet ride. All the option was easy to learn and use. The only three negatives: 1. For a compact car the turning ratio is large( K or U turns, tight spaces)2. No spare tire. 3.Glass on rear door does not open( had to open door to put small packages in)."

GREAT CAR, LOVE TO DRIVE IT!

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "size (bigger than expected) and mileage... price"

Cons: "road noise is louder than some others."

"Living on a dirt road in the country I was worried that the car would be rough in a hurry... It is great. I drive 100 miles daily and I LOVE the gas savings. The back roads are not to tough for my hybrid!!! I would recommend this car to anyone who drives a lot and needs space. The interior has a TON of room and is comfortable for 2 Adults and 2 teens for an 800 mile road trip! LOVE THIS CAR!"

unreliable with battery problem. inferiorly made.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "more horse power than other small hybrids,"

Cons: "false gas mileage, noisy, battery problem"

"MPG less than what they advertised, makes loud noise when accelerating, parts are cheaply made, not easy to set up the dash computer. My worst complaint about this car is the battery problem. The battery has died on me 4 times so far. They changed battery in May this year and it died again first week of August. Ford acknowledges their is a problem but really, i don't think they know how to fix it. If it dies one more time, i will ask for an arbitration process to claim this a lemon! No i would not recommend this car."

Worst car ever! 500/1000 defective UNSAFE!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "FAST!!!!! when it works"

Cons: "SYNC System deadly MPG grossly misrepresented"

"Yikes!Thanks Ca Lemon Law we can give Ford back their death trap.Ford SYNC System failed locked our windows and doors and turned off AC 105 degrees outside fortunately our service dogs window was locked in down position. Also 3 different times car was parked keys locked in box untouched un driven for 3 days all 4 windows rolled down and all 4 doors unlocked BY ITSELF. Car has huge interior fit a full size washing machine inside and was able to close lift gate with extra space its very fast when it works.Grossly exaggerated fuel efficiency already got a rebate check from Ford "for misrepresentation of sticker rating MPG" Our Ford 2013 Cmax hybrid un able to be driven 8 miles round trip to work 35 days 3 recalls(Ford still not completed work on recalls due to other battery issues)Car completely dead battery would not even jump start July 31st 2014. 15 days later I drove it 2 miles had be towed back to service for another week.DOT IHHTS has my registered complaints safety seriously disregarded by Ford as well as no return contact from Ford Customer relations after initial contacting them for help.I have made every single lease payment early and carried full insurance and so many attempts beyond reasonable to get Ford to get their service techs to fix this car.Just got car back and FYI gas mpg is dropping by the mile worse than ever has."