• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2015 Ford C-MAX Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,332 - $31,081.

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Purchased 05-13. Avg 1380 mi/14 gal & 88¢ / charge

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "$1112 elect/gas in 19 months vs $2200 @ 3.67/gal"

Cons: "Rear storage could be better, but there's the batt"

"We traded our 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid for this 2013 Ford C-Max Energi, the Ford's first plug-in hybrid. After 46 years of driving experience, this is hands down the best vehicle ever! On average, it is driven between 28 and 50 miles per day. At 10¢ per KWh for electricity, it costs about 88¢ to fully charge. Despite some initial recalls, all related to the computer systems on board that control the hybrid system, it has been a flawless friend. With its intelligent oil monitoring system, we have yet to change oil at 18,600 miles. Since the engine runs so infrequently the car tells you when the oil needs changing. Winter driving in snow and ice is "no worry" due the the excellent, intelligent traction control system. Never a worry with Michelin X-Ice tires. Summer e-mileage with AC averages 17 to 20 miles per charge. Winter e-mileage with heat averages 13 to 17 miles per charge. Summer or winter, with no heat or AC, e-mileage averages 21 to 27. We have become very familiar with the build-in "brake coach," that taught us how to get our 98% energy return every time we brake. Though it looks small from the outside, its interior area is identical to our 2006 Escape hybrid. Check the figures - that is true. All-in-all, the best vehicle we have ever owned!"

Enjoy this car, needs more range.

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of pep."

Cons: "Recalls, Laughable turning radius."

"Nice entry into the plug in hybrid market. Despite several recalls and minor quality issues, I consider it one of the most enjoyable cars I've owned. Downside is residual value... it plummets quickly!"

Great little car

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Great visibility, MPG and comfort."

Cons: "limited storage"

"Recently leased this car. 600 miles in and still have 1/2 tank of gas. Fun and easy to drive. Great visibility. traded in my 2013 Escape which has a much smaller windshield and much lower MPG. Winter in Maine charging with 110v cord 6 hrs to charge gets 13-15 EV only miles. Hope it will get closer to the advertised 20 miles EV in warmer weather. $9000 in rebates really lowered price below other hybrids/plug-ins. Interior is very roomy. Trunk space very small. This may be an issue for summer beach going, Might have to get a roof rack."

Excellent Car, Couldn't Be Happier

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "EV only mode, Size, Build quality, Rear power door"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I've had this car for about 6 months now and I am still very happy with the purchase. I have about an 8 mile commute to work so I am able to get there and back home without ever using gas. Even in the winter when the battery doesn't last as long, I still have about 5 miles of range when I get home. I keep it plugged in all the time and have seen my bills go about by about $20-30 a month, but that is much less than I was paying for gas. When it is running on gas I get 35-45 mpg depending on how conservative I'm driving. The biggest negative for me on this car is the turn radius. I've found multiple times that I've had to make a 3 point turn when I usually wouldn't with a car that size. Having said that, this is not enough to discredit an otherwise excellent car."

over rated

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "electric not worth it -- overrated by FORD"

"This car is not at all what it is advertised to be. The Energi is not worth the money you pay for it. it is advertised to drive 20 miles on electric and after 6 weeks we can only drive 10 miles --- not worth the extra paid to get and energy -- the battery takes up a lot of space in the back of the car and is heavy so the mileage is only about 32-33 when driving with gas only. We do not like the car and we really want something different. My local ford dealer has not delivered the service information we would expect regarding this car so I had to notify the Ford Corporate company to help with the issues we have with the car. If you want to buy an electric car == DON'T BUY THIS CAR"