• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford C-MAX Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,658 - $30,507.

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Wow! What's not to like, easy to handle!

By on Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pros: "Fun comfotable, a treasure of added toys."

Cons: "I can't think of anything I don't like."

"Best car ever! Easy to drive, handle and maneuver. I traded in my 1 ton Diesel as we were making life changes and bought this Gem of a car, the Ford C-Max energy. Heated seats, full view all around, back up visual, new navigation system for us oldsters pretty easy actually if you just start using it daily. Goes on all our short trips on elect. Hubby is 6'1 and can easily have all leg room he needs front or back. Power & handle ability is awesome. It's the only car we've ever "named". We call her, "SPARKY"! Just cannot say enough good about this wonderful auto."

Best Plugin Hybrid; Delivers advertised mpg.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "It's turned me into a electric car freak. :("

"The Energi; What a fun car to drive; great commuting car as well as trips. I haven't driven it aggressively yet, but for normal commuting am getting 47mpg at 62mph and 45mpg at 65 mph, and I have a challenging, hilly commute. I do think the gas mileage will go down to, gasp, the 30s with hard driving. It really shines in rush hour traffic. It's very quiet; great visibility. I really like the sync system. However, I loved the idrive in my beemers. I am puzzled by the complaints about the gas mileage. I got over 51mpg the other day in a somewhat flat stretch of freeway in 30 minutes of driving. I really really wanted to like the volt, but I found the low ceiling and rather cramped interior too depressing, and found it boring to drive."

Great car with benefits...

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "MPGs, baby....I can go weeks without filling up"

Cons: "no spare change holder or drawer...pain in butt"

"I've actually leased this vehicle for just over one year (didn't want to buy technology that's changing so rapidly) and I have to say it's really fantastic. I tend to be an early adopter, but not reflexively so; I'm often drawn to stuff that hasn't caught on yet in popular culture but that just makes sense to me in a way that other options do not. That's what intrigued me about the C-Max and made the Prius a non-starter for me (though I also needed a vehicle big enough to fit a double-bass, which was another strike against the Prius). The C-Max's interior is very nice, filled with beautiful sunlight (I got the huge glass roof), very roomy, and comfortable. Nice console (some complain about complexity....I think it's great), very good sound system, great voice activated commands and GPS nav system, great performance metrics display options. But the real thrill is the car's efficiency...I just love getting 150+ MPGe on many local, shorter trips (all electric driving) and averaging over 60 MPGe overall. Having put over 20k miles on the car in a year, I've saved thousands of $ in fuel expense. In fact, my wife's car, which gets about 20 MPG, cost over $3200 in gas last year while I drove 5k more miles than she did and spent less than $900 on gas. I'm definitely a convert to the electric/hybrid technology and can't imagine going back to a gas-powered vehicle."

Beats prius on performance, fit and finish & style

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "fast, tight and sporty"

Cons: "a little expensive, but worth every penny!"

"For a hybrid plug-in this car really moves. Responsive and good road feel. The fit and finish is second to none, and the technology is fantastic. To those that say the on-board systems are too confusing I say: get into the current century, this type of technology is here to stay. Although the C-Max is ahead of its time, all cars will soon have such features. The purchase price is a little high, but the value is even higher."

Better mpg than the Prius!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "great price at Lithia Ford of Boise"

"My girlfriend and bought two Cmax-a SEL and an Energi. She is getting an average of 47mpg, while so far the energi is at an amazing 67.5 combined!! We replaced a Kia and a Caravan, and are very happy with the decision. I have had two people over 6 feet in the back with plenty of room."