• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford C-MAX Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,611 - $30,470.

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

No Problems, 95+MPG and Fun to Drive

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Better handling & mileage than Prius"

Cons: "SYNC navigation & voice commands not great"

"My beloved Honda Minivan passed away, and I got the C-Max Energi. Like the reviews all say, it handles really well, looks quite good and has a really nice interior. Not thrilled with SYNC's navigation and the battery pack takes away from the hatchback storage, but otherwise I love everything. I commute to work about 7 miles each way, and so hardly use gas at all: I've filled the tank 6 times in 6000 miles, and average 95 mpg overall, saving me $1350 in gas since 6/1/13 (this includes trips from San Fran to San Jose, Santa Rosa, etc.). With the federal incentives, it actually costs less than the regular hybrid C-Max, which makes it a great deal. Since there's no "range anxiety," I'm considering getting another in Ruby."

Don't Miss My BMW

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Efficiency, comfort, safety, technology pkg,"

Cons: "A bit frumpy looking."

"Have "owned them all" over 50 plus years of driving(Fiat to BMW, and even Corvair). Most comfortable, quietest, and fuel efficient of the lot. No prob with the tech system. 8K miles already. Drove 1500 miles from FL to upstate NY at 70mph plus. Still got 40 plus mpg. Car made in America, owner's manual written in Bangladesh...I assume. Consumer's Report questions reliability, but not sure how they can,as model is not a year old."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Amazing mileage"

Cons: "Would like a tray in the center console for change"

"I've had the Energi for 3 months and and amazed at the mileage. If I plug it in at home I get 21 miles on all electric before it switches to Hybred mode. On an 1100 mile trip without plugging it in, I got 43MPG. Overall been averaging about 85 MPG around my area. I figured out the cost of electricity in my area and a full charge at home cost about $.60 which equals about 110 MPG compared to purchasing a gallon of gas.I can accually drive to and from work all week without gas, just the cost of electricity from plugging it in at home. I'm 6'5" and fit comfortablly in this car. Great car for a family also. I really believe this car is very over looked by buyers. If anyone drove one for a week, they would buy one. Plenty of power, great stereo. Very smooth drive and ride."

over rated

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "electric not worth it -- overrated by FORD"

"This car is not at all what it is advertised to be. The Energi is not worth the money you pay for it. it is advertised to drive 20 miles on electric and after 6 weeks we can only drive 10 miles --- not worth the extra paid to get and energy -- the battery takes up a lot of space in the back of the car and is heavy so the mileage is only about 32-33 when driving with gas only. We do not like the car and we really want something different. My local ford dealer has not delivered the service information we would expect regarding this car so I had to notify the Ford Corporate company to help with the issues we have with the car. If you want to buy an electric car == DON'T BUY THIS CAR"

Excellent Car, Couldn't Be Happier

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pros: "EV only mode, Size, Build quality, Rear power door"

Cons: "Turning radius"

"I've had this car for about 6 months now and I am still very happy with the purchase. I have about an 8 mile commute to work so I am able to get there and back home without ever using gas. Even in the winter when the battery doesn't last as long, I still have about 5 miles of range when I get home. I keep it plugged in all the time and have seen my bills go about by about $20-30 a month, but that is much less than I was paying for gas. When it is running on gas I get 35-45 mpg depending on how conservative I'm driving. The biggest negative for me on this car is the turn radius. I've found multiple times that I've had to make a 3 point turn when I usually wouldn't with a car that size. Having said that, this is not enough to discredit an otherwise excellent car."