• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,635 - $31,568.

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.9/10
    9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

I'm 6'4" tall 330 lbs with back surgery. love it!

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive, g/mpg easy to ent/exit"

Cons: "Navigation needs lots of work."

"This is the best car I have tried for getting in and out of, never mind the great gas/elect. mileage. Have had it 1751 miles now and have gotten up to 79 mpg in it. We do both local and distance driving. wish there were elect/refueling stations everywhere..would get even better. love the styling as I can see everything out the windows being tall etc. Very comfortable fun to drive! Only thing I'm not happy about is Ford's Sync. and the Navigation. I am orig. from so.calif so shouldn't have an "accent" problem, don't know why it wont understand us? Also it takes me in totally wrong directions sometimes? Does this happen to anyone else?"

Beware of Oil Maintenance Mode

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice Car with goo features"

Cons: "Paid for EV but so far can't even get Hybrid MPG"

"At 111 miles the car went into Oil Maintenance Mode which is documented in the owners manual but not discussed anywhere else except user forums. The issue is this mode runs the gas engine continuously. My new Energi has been in that mode now for 4 days and according to my Ford Service Manager it is acting as designed. Numerous reports from current owners report similar experiences. One owner claiming it took two tanks of gas before his went back to EV mode and another claiming it took a long trip to resolve. Owners manual says this can happen whenever the computer decides it should. I just know I now have as many gas miles as EV and still in Oil Maintenance Mode"

Don't Miss My BMW

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Efficiency, comfort, safety, technology pkg,"

Cons: "A bit frumpy looking."

"Have "owned them all" over 50 plus years of driving(Fiat to BMW, and even Corvair). Most comfortable, quietest, and fuel efficient of the lot. No prob with the tech system. 8K miles already. Drove 1500 miles from FL to upstate NY at 70mph plus. Still got 40 plus mpg. Car made in America, owner's manual written in Bangladesh...I assume. Consumer's Report questions reliability, but not sure how they can,as model is not a year old."

9.5/10 --almost best vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, enviroment friendly, save $$/time"

Cons: "less electric miles when extreme cold, open wheels"

"Had for 8 months & daily commute 18miles on hilly,gravel roads in midwest,extreme cold limits the only electric miles to 15-17,but handles well in snow and slick mud.I got full commute on electric until Nov,use of heater reduces electric miles.Bought it for work but can go anywhere with gas.Longer trips got 36-43mpg--cruise improves mileage.Only have filled with gas 3 times-for longer trips,otherwise just electric, full charge in 6hrs. Handles great,lots of bells and whistles,serviced only once-routine,CON-open wheels catch gravel&mud. I can't wait until the solar panel version is out, then I would rate it a 9.9!"

No Problems, 95+MPG and Fun to Drive

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Better handling & mileage than Prius"

Cons: "SYNC navigation & voice commands not great"

"My beloved Honda Minivan passed away, and I got the C-Max Energi. Like the reviews all say, it handles really well, looks quite good and has a really nice interior. Not thrilled with SYNC's navigation and the battery pack takes away from the hatchback storage, but otherwise I love everything. I commute to work about 7 miles each way, and so hardly use gas at all: I've filled the tank 6 times in 6000 miles, and average 95 mpg overall, saving me $1350 in gas since 6/1/13 (this includes trips from San Fran to San Jose, Santa Rosa, etc.). With the federal incentives, it actually costs less than the regular hybrid C-Max, which makes it a great deal. Since there's no "range anxiety," I'm considering getting another in Ruby."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next