• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford C-MAX Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $31,186 - $31,969.

Based on 12 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.9/10
    9.9/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

9.5/10 --almost best vehicle

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, enviroment friendly, save $$/time"

Cons: "less electric miles when extreme cold, open wheels"

"Had for 8 months & daily commute 18miles on hilly,gravel roads in midwest,extreme cold limits the only electric miles to 15-17,but handles well in snow and slick mud.I got full commute on electric until Nov,use of heater reduces electric miles.Bought it for work but can go anywhere with gas.Longer trips got 36-43mpg--cruise improves mileage.Only have filled with gas 3 times-for longer trips,otherwise just electric, full charge in 6hrs. Handles great,lots of bells and whistles,serviced only once-routine,CON-open wheels catch gravel&mud. I can't wait until the solar panel version is out, then I would rate it a 9.9!"

NO START ISSUES

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, quite, fun to drive"

Cons: "Repair problem, diminished rear storage Li battery"

"On 6 different occasions the car could not be started and was serviced. On at least 3 times the 12V battery had to be replaced. On consultation with Ford Technicians, various components were replaced, the software was upgraded and the most recent time the service department found no faults. There appears to be some TSB's related to this problem. Fortunately, in NJ there is a lemon law to protect the buyer. However, I am in negotiation to replace the one year old vehicle without going to the NJ Lemon Law course. This problem aside, we found the CMAX Energi to be a very solid and worthwhile driving experience. With charging of the Li battery, our overall economy has been 46 mpg. Unlike other hybrids, it can run in electric motor only mode up to 55-60 mph and it runs very well in standard hybrid mode. The Ackerson cycle gasoline engine requires an effective electric motor to produce a favorable acceleration."

Best car in 40+ years of driving

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Fun and economical to drive"

Cons: "not as much storage space as I would like."

"The Energi has consistently delivered in the high 5oMPG range. It is very comfortable and handles well. It has a lot of features and requires some rethinking for older drivers- but it's worth it. A good friend purchased a Prius V about the same time and we have done a lot of A B comparisons--The CMax Energi wins."

No Problems, 95+MPG and Fun to Drive

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "Better handling & mileage than Prius"

Cons: "SYNC navigation & voice commands not great"

"My beloved Honda Minivan passed away, and I got the C-Max Energi. Like the reviews all say, it handles really well, looks quite good and has a really nice interior. Not thrilled with SYNC's navigation and the battery pack takes away from the hatchback storage, but otherwise I love everything. I commute to work about 7 miles each way, and so hardly use gas at all: I've filled the tank 6 times in 6000 miles, and average 95 mpg overall, saving me $1350 in gas since 6/1/13 (this includes trips from San Fran to San Jose, Santa Rosa, etc.). With the federal incentives, it actually costs less than the regular hybrid C-Max, which makes it a great deal. Since there's no "range anxiety," I'm considering getting another in Ruby."

Don't Miss My BMW

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Efficiency, comfort, safety, technology pkg,"

Cons: "A bit frumpy looking."

"Have "owned them all" over 50 plus years of driving(Fiat to BMW, and even Corvair). Most comfortable, quietest, and fuel efficient of the lot. No prob with the tech system. 8K miles already. Drove 1500 miles from FL to upstate NY at 70mph plus. Still got 40 plus mpg. Car made in America, owner's manual written in Bangladesh...I assume. Consumer's Report questions reliability, but not sure how they can,as model is not a year old."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25