2015 FIAT 500L Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,664 - $19,657.

Transaction data

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

10/6.3

8.4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Terrific! (Why so underrated?)

By on Thursday, December 17, 2015

Pros: "Space/Function/Road traction/Visibility"

"Phenomenally versatile, roomy and a veritable "penthouse" on wheels (I have the panoramic roof)..I am in continuous awe of my two-month old car. Country hills, narrow roads, dubious terrains, highways, the ever-meandering labyrinth of New York City traffic - Impeccable performance. Actually much more pleasant to be stuck in traffic now - the wireless/infotainment system (UConnect) works seamlessly. Excellent traction, Stability and control over car - rain, even wind (as car's tall): stable, steady and standing strong. The jet-like air boost engine (same as the Abarth - works just as fine here too) steps up just when you need it, (and yes - good acceleration); also, hands down: the Best driver's seat comfort and SPACE! today I was given a ride in a typical, big-brand, big-box SUV..legroom was very limited. The Fiat L may seem small but, boy, once you get INSIDE - an expansion of space unfolds (yet shockingly, a site somewhere claimed it had too much space for the driver!?!) Heated seats, adjustable lumber support - may seem as frivolous extras but for someone who already has put that much mileage in a short period of time, this comes very handy. LONG distance comfort is joy here. Sound is like in a concert hall…with the view..; I wish the back seats could fold totally flat and also, perhaps Fiat may try to bring the longer version of the car -the MPW from Europe here. As it stands pretty high off the round (I have the Trekking's 17" wheels), it would be a great space "elongateor" for the back of the car. Yet, my Fiat 500L parks almost everywhere in the city. Car is quiet, suspension - smooth. Design - and its functionality - is beautiful. Full tank with my 2015 auto-transmission (13.2) gets me about 340 miles, not bad..The car is an event. Every time I drive it. Why so underrated?"

Poor Reviews = Great Deal! Trekking $14.5k

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great deal, many bells & whistles..."

Cons: "No deal breakers..."

"CAR--2014 FIAT TREKKING MANUAL trans; BEATS Audio; fully LOADED (no sunroof, heated seats or visor-built-in garage door opener) PAID: $14,595 + tax/fees. (Last 2014 left on lot June2015, $9k discount.) NOTE: CAPS are used for easy reference of points in article. REPLACED--2003 VW PASSAT wagon 1.8lT ABOUT US—This is our SO CA 'family' car. We’ve owned mostly German cars (BMW & MB), and I had to ‘force’ my European husband to check out the Fiat. We both have lived in Europe, so the look, size, & power of the car are not strange to us. We installed a THULE roof rack, a FIAT garage installed trailer-hitch for our Thule hitch-mounted bike rack. SHORT REVIEW—We are impressed & got a great deal. I can’t stress enough: FIND A GOOD FIAT STUDIO/DEALER/GARAGE, as this will directly affect your satisfaction. INITIAL REVIEW-- The GOOD--Great bang for the buck. Fun to drive. A comfortable ride with DECENT SUSPENSION. PASSENGER SPACE comparable to our Passat with better headroom (friends 6’5” sat in the back, & another 6’6” in the front very comfortably). Both front & rear seats are adjustable to customize to needs and comfort. Intuitive layout & usage of COCKPIT & CONTROLS. We are enjoying the technology: UCONNECT, tech ports, 110v plug, dash trip computer, etc. Good use of SPACE (for a car this size). THE WEIRD-- Strange PARKING BRAKE. Stalled 1-2xs daily for first few weeks getting out of FIRST GEAR (different than other cars we've owned). Optical illusion of SIZE & SHAPE--Car is much roomier inside than appears. 6 MO REVIEW-- OVERALL—Still enjoying the ride & options. Car is now broken-in (& so are we), so we aren’t stalling out of first gear beyond normal occurrences. We’ve gotten used to the PARKING BRAKE. The GAS MILEAGE is decent (22-23/city & +26/hwy, with nearly 30mpg on long hwy trips. Seems to be improving.) The Trekking’s FABRIC SEATS (leather not available on this model) are more self-regulating than I would have assumed. After our hot SO CA summer and now our ‘cold’ weather, all is well. (I don’t miss having heated seats.) A 500L’s sunroof’s screen is perforated, so it will not fully shut out the sun even when closed, and roof racks are not compatible, so I am doubly glad we don’t have one. CRITICAL—NO DEAL-BREAKERS. But…The DOORS lack a ‘stop’ mechanism, they don’t ‘fly’ open, but don’t open in a controlled manner when exiting your vehicle. The BLUETOOTH: good as an mp3 player, bad for talking on the phone. The MIC picks up too much sound from the dash vent & such. We had the ‘DEAD BATTERY issue’ (as noted by other owners) because of a SOFTWARE UPDATE that didn’t take (our FIAT studio’s garage checked-off as ‘done’), which was remedied by another FIAT garage. This other garage is a combo FIAT/JEEP, so they had the knowledge & know-how to install our TRAILER HITCH. So,—FIND A GOOD FIAT STUDIO/DEALER. Many negative reviews stem from issues with a dealership rather than the brand. Hopefully FIAT can remedy this somehow, as they put out a decent product. We have heard about some transmission problems, but we since we have manual, we are hoping to avoid that."

Owned for a couple of months - LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun car, lots of headroom, great tech, unique look"

Cons: "None that I can think of"

"Bought my Fiat 500L Easy a couple of months ago and I couldn't be happier! I am a musician by trade and needed a new car (Drove my Dodge Magnum into the ground) that would accommodate my musical equipment. When I saw a Fiat 500L on display at a local mall, it really caught my eye and I found myself at the dealer a couple of days later making a deal. After a couple of months of driving, I am thrilled with the car. With the complimentary tech package with bluetooth, rear camera, great stereo, hands-free operation, etc it feels like a great "bang for the buck." I love the roomy feel (I am 6'3") and it doesn't have a small car feel to me at all. I am enjoying the manual transmission as well cause it's fun to drive."

I Love MY Yellow FIAT 500L Trekking

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage averaging 30.6 MPG, Panoramic Sunroof"

Cons: "Uconnect voice recognition is not very responsive"

Road Trip to the Mountains

"The Trekking model proved to have all the extras I was looking for in a new vehicle. The gas mileage is averaging 30.6 MPG and I absolutely love my panoramic sunroof. You must test drive the FIAT 500L if you’re looking for a crossover or small SUV. Having test drove every small SUV on the market the FIAT 500 L had more interior room than many of the small SUVs I test drove. The cargo space allowed for a stop at IKEA during the road trip and still had room to spare. The twin clutch and turbo adds the extra boast needed to make this 4 cylinder car zippy and fun to drive. I truly enjoy my new FIAT 500L Trekking."

Road Trip to the Mountains

The Fiat 500L is a great car.

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Roomy interior, turbo engine"

Cons: "no lock on gas door, space saver spare costs $450."

"I purchased the 500L Trekking a few weeks ago and I could not be happier. The car is peppy with the 160 HP turbo engine and it is a very smooth riding car. I used to have a Fiat 500 and that car was a little too cramped and the engine was a little slow. The 500L has a lot of interior space and much headroom. I am 6 foot and I have passengers that are 6 fot 5 inches and they have no problems getting in."