2014 FIAT 500L Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,372 - $18,997.

10/6.4

8.2

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Great value and fun to drive

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Excellent cabin room; great seats and road view"

Cons: "Voice control nav frustating; no locking gas cap"

"Have owned this car for a month now, and both my wife and I love it. We chose the Trekking model for its unique design and satin finish trim. Bright and spacious interior, plenty of backseat room (back seats recline) and great cargo space with back seats folded down. Got the special package with U-connect, navigation and backup camera. I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'0" (barely) and we both love the driving position and seats. I actually traded in a two year old Cadillac CTS! Worth checking out, a great value for the price and just "quirky" enought to turn heads. Doesn't quite handle the road like our Mini Cooper, but not bad. Very comfortable at highway speeds; quick peppy engine (although slight turbo lag on acceleration)"

World's most expensive petunia planter

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable. Roomy good gas milage"

Cons: "Can't keep it running!"

"This car has spent the better part of the last 4 months parked because the battery drained itself due to a computer glitch. They have finally come out with ( I hope) a fix. So now it has come up with a new thing, with mystery warning lights and check engine lights due to cold weather. I admit below zero is cold, but I have NEVER owned a car that threw this kind of temper tantrum because of the cold. If they tell me I need an engine block heater, I think I'll throw one in their show room."

Great Value for Money

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"We were looking for a small practical car for city living. The 500L was shorter than the 2000 Corolla it replaced and had a ton more room. It's small size and back up camera made it easy to park in urban street parking environment we live in. My gf and I are both over 6ft, so the headroom is great. Plus we have the panorama sunroof. Between the roof and all the class, there are few, if any, blind spots, and you really feel open in the car. Performance is not awe inspiring but I find it to be plenty powerful enough for highway passing and getting around town. The transmission does like to downshift two gears to get into the boost range, and boost does come on suddenly some times. I've learned the way around that is to just drive it as a manual. It's quick shifting, and you can control the engine better. Once you do that, most of the transmission annoyances go away. We bought it from a dealer end of 2014 as a trade in with 14,000 miles on it. If we had paid full price, I would have probably considered other vehicles. But at the price point we bought it for, it was a no brainer, and you can overlook many of it's small quircks. Since that time we've put another 12,000 on it. The only think we've done is put gas in i and change the oil."

Madly in love with my TREKKING

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Cost, handling, spacious interior, head turner"

Cons: "turbo lag"

He's known as Franco de' Caro

"Awesome car - as much cargo room as my old Isuzu Rodeo. Real conversation piece where ever I go. Love the front view. BEATS stereo ROCKS. Turbo lags a little, but 6 speed manual is a blast to drive. VERY responsive handling. Would get 35 mpg if I could get my foot out of the turbo, but too much fun. Didn't break my bank to buy it with ALL the bells and whistles either."

He's known as Franco de' Caro

Ton of room, excellent hwy mileage fun to drive

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "great MPG fun to drive gets looks BEATS radio"

Cons: "No real cons now that initial tranny bugs fixed"

"I can get over 40 mpg on most highway trips with the automatic. Some reliability issues in the beginning but software upgrades have resolved these issues primarily in the transmission. Plenty of room even in back seats I am 6'4 and have room to spare I have 24k miles and plan to keep a long time. Handles very well and also good in rain and snow. Value priced- wish Fiat would spend a few cents more on the interior trim items and longer sun visors. Over all def a 9 out of 10"