2014 FIAT 500L Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,395 - $18,906.

10/6.4

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Practical vehicle

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Enjoyable vehicle to drive in heavy traffic."

"Excellent small vehicle and practical for real estate business use. Local dealership provides excellent sales and maintenance service. Fiat management makes a great statement about customer service."

Love my Fiat!

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Lots of available options, turbo, comfortable"

Cons: "No center console, transmission sticks in traffic"

"Good little car. I average around 23mpg driving through busy San Antonio traffic. I have a 45 minute commute both ways and have never had any issues with this car. It doesn't love rain, but none of my other cars did either. I love that this car was available with so many options. I have a sunroof, beats audio, heated seats, etc and I paid a fraction of what many other people do for "fancier" cars. This car has exceptional visibility. I love the windows every where, it allows you to really check out your blind spot before making a lane change. I feel as though I can really see around me. The car has some issues changing gears in traffic. Definitely doesn't love stop and go traffic! I have had it stall on me in 1st as i'm speeding up from a light. Other times it has revved up for no apparent reason as i'm driving along…nothing that makes me feel exceptionally unsafe though. This is my 9th car in 5 years. I obviously love purchasing new cars, and I will say that after trading in my 2014 Honda Pilot for this car, I do not regret a thing. I only had the Pilot for 4 years and I loved it, but this Fiat 500L has been a great vehicle for me to zip around in. I may actually keep this one for longer than a year."

Great value for the money

By on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pros: "Great space, competitive price, fun to drive"

Cons: "A bit "busy" on the road, uses premium gas"

"We have had the 500L for two weeks and really like it. It is not the best ride being a bit bumpy however it has plenty of power and excellent visibility. We have two teenage daughters and they have ample space in the back. We have the sunroof that we highly recommend and the Beats sound system. The price was under 19K and looking at competitors you cannot come close to that price. We also drove it in the snow and had no problems. This is a great value if you have a tight budget and need a car for the family."

Great Value for Money

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"We were looking for a small practical car for city living. The 500L was shorter than the 2000 Corolla it replaced and had a ton more room. It's small size and back up camera made it easy to park in urban street parking environment we live in. My gf and I are both over 6ft, so the headroom is great. Plus we have the panorama sunroof. Between the roof and all the class, there are few, if any, blind spots, and you really feel open in the car. Performance is not awe inspiring but I find it to be plenty powerful enough for highway passing and getting around town. The transmission does like to downshift two gears to get into the boost range, and boost does come on suddenly some times. I've learned the way around that is to just drive it as a manual. It's quick shifting, and you can control the engine better. Once you do that, most of the transmission annoyances go away. We bought it from a dealer end of 2014 as a trade in with 14,000 miles on it. If we had paid full price, I would have probably considered other vehicles. But at the price point we bought it for, it was a no brainer, and you can overlook many of it's small quircks. Since that time we've put another 12,000 on it. The only think we've done is put gas in i and change the oil."

Best car for a crowded urban environment

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "Maneuverability, view, suspension, ventilation,"

Cons: "small glove box"

"This car has been extremely reliable and has features that are superior to its competition. It has an excellent a/c, heating, and defrosting system. It's suspension copes with our terrible roads far better than our past Mazda or Elantra. The view outside is awesome, critical in this city. The car and the suspension feel more robust than those two. Very quiet on the highway. The dual clutch is fine in full auto but is a hoot to drive in sequential shift where you can keep the turbo up to speed. Extremely versatile and useful. Unbelievably maneuverable and easy to park in NYC."