2014 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,534 - $16,027.

10/7.0

8.4

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Rarely comes out of garage. once a month if that.

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

"Rarely driven. In mint condition. Kept in garage. White with 19" white rims. Red strips.red rearview caps."

Would be a nice car if not so many problems

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Cute, fun to drive, fantastic mileage"

Cons: "Breaks down a lot, not reliable,"

"Loved the car until I got stranded a few times because it would not start. Went to the Fiat Forum and it appears that that the starter issue is a common problem, along with the oil leaks, steering column clunking etc. Mind you, this car is a 2012 that I bought brand new and it only has 14K miles on it!The front left blinker light also just fell out! I will take it as long as the warranty is there and if it still has problems I am going to get rid of it. Cute and fun is not a very strong pro to unreliable and getting stranded."

Perfect sports car to tow behind RV

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "It is small and not good for more than 2 people"

"My choice of the Fiat was initially made because it was a small car that could be towed behind my RV. Since then, the car has completely won me over. I attended the Abarth experience at the Fontana Race Track, and since that day I no longer miss my Harley. This car has true racing capabilities, yet most of the time it can be driven in a sensible manner and achieves great mpg's. It is always a pleasure when I pull into a parking lot and easily find appropriate parking for the small car. The ride is rougher because of the race tuned suspension, and the exhaust noise is a bit much when I want to carry on a conversation. Nevertheless, I have begun to love the little car, and I find my Lexus just sits in the garage. I guess I never grew up; I love the sports car aspects of the Abarth!"

Fiat: The Little Car that Can…

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Good MPG, Fun, Easy to do your own maintenance"

Cons: "Othe drivers don't like to be behind a Fiat"

"It has been almost 2 and half years since purchasing my 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. So far, the capabilities have been impressive and including the value for the money and how easy it is to find parking, due to its small stature. Unlike other small cars that I have driven that felt as if I was riding on top of a noisy beehive when cruising the highway, that is not the case for the Fiat, engine noise is minimal and so is road noise if the surface is smooth. The features of the Fiat are impressive. The last new car I purchased was my wife’s “luxury car” in 2005 without blue tooth, 3.5mm audio jack, tire pressure monitor, a USB port that can be used to charge a phone, manipulate your portable music player with steering wheel mounted controls or plug in a thumb drive to record and monitor the efficiency of your driving habits. That was all included in the base model, no extra options added, and speaking of value, the price I paid for the Fiat new is almost three thousand dollars more than what I have spent in the total repairs and maintenance of my wife’s “luxury automobile” since 2005. Economy is better than predicted by the EPA; my daily commute average has been 38.6 mpg (according to the Eco Dirve data I download on a regular basis by inserting a USB “Thumb-Drive” in to the USB Port in the dash, which can also be used to play music or charge a cell-phone). On a 175-mile road trip to visit family, the Fiat averaged 38.8 miles per gallon and despite the small 1.4-liter engine; I was able to make it up some steep mountains at highway speeds, requiring downshifting into fourth gear when the speed dropped below 70 mph (about 2,900 rpm). There are many things the car can do, get me around comfortably, (I'm 6’1”) when driving by myself, and if necessary I can carry a real person behind me at the expense of some comfort (only two, the Fiat is a four seater). The fun factor with the manual transmission makes this car a joy to drive, I don’t care to go fast in a straight line, but going around corners and down shifting into second gear pulling the car around the corners has been, to put it mildly, fun and assuring that this car is sure footed and nimble. After a couple of years of driving the base Fiat, I can only think of three things that I can say negatively about the car. First, do not plan to win any drag races with the Fiat, unless you are racing against a hybrid or another smaller and less capable car. Secondly, road noise is pervasive on rough roads. Finally, my last complaint are the other drivers who do not like to be passed by a Fiat (even when I’m doing the speed limit!) and will speed up to pass you. I say to them “don’t be crass, this little capable car can really go this fast.”"

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Everything. This is a great car."

Cons: "None, really."

"It's zippy, it's reliable, and I can park ANYWHERE. The design is spectacular, everything is within reach and easily visible. Very fuel efficient, as well. I haven't had any issues with this car, despite others telling me it's a bad car or I shouldn't have bought it. I couldn't be happier. It's really fun to drive, easy to shift, and steering is a charm. It handles very well. There are only a couple things I would change, and those are very minor. i would have the windshield wipers be more of a variable speed, and I would add a mirror to the passenger visor. That's really it. It's tiny, so the noise is louder than other cars, but it's also lighter. So there is the tradeoff. If you like small cars and being able to park anywhere, definitely consider this Fiat."