2014 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,190 - $16,623.

10/7.0

Based on 97 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Redesign?!

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG (i got 43 mpg consistently on my commute"

Cons: "Design flaws galore!"

"I purchased my Fiat 500 Pop in August 2012 with 3,000 miles on it. Within 4 months and 4,000 miles, i need 2 new rear tires as it was out of alignment badly in the rear. I attempted to get it aligned, impossible as Fiat did not at the time make a shim kit for the rear. I have since gone through 3 additional sets of new tires on the rear, in only 63,000 miles. I also wore out the rear bearing on the left rear as it was pulling so badly. Fiat only remedy was to "rotate the tires regularly" I understand they have since designed a shim kit for the rear. Also, I attempted to get it inspected this fall, and discovered both CV joints are leaking and will not pass inspection. Also, Fiat has re-designed the CV joints, and to get new ones installed, I also have to replace knuckle and shafts surrounding them as the new joints are not compatible. $3,000 estimate to have them replaced and all the parts around them. Not a recall as it is not a safety feature. Also not covered under warranty. Should have waited to purchase a 2014 model till they had worked out all the kinks."

Kinda like a 4-wheel motorcyclie :-)

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, economical"

Cons: "Driver comfort, blind spots"

"I was intrigued the first time I saw the new FIAT design, so when I got tired of parking my Hummer, I downsized BIGtime to the 500c Sport with the 6-speed automatic transmission. It has been pretty much as expected. Good to great gas mileage - 30-38 mpg; kinda sluggish but fun to drive; a head turner! The ignition switch should have been on the dash and not on the column. If you're gonna put in a back seat, at least make it somewhat functional. For such a small car, there are bad blind spots on both sides. Overall it's a good car for a 2-seater. I have had no problems that needed more attention than recommended service. Just don't expect all of them to have the pzazz as Charlie Sheen's."

My little 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth!

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Interior and exterior design, fast and fun, MPG,"

Cons: "Pot holes + Small Car = No good."

Not my actual vehicle, But my vehicle is exactly the same.

"My little fiat is just perfection. I've had it for about 3 months and have only put 1,300 miles on it. The car has enough power even when there are four adults inside. (Although, I'm not sure how the non-turbo fiat 500's handle with four adults inside.) I wouldn't recommend you buy this car as your first car. It is extremely fun to drive and people always give me compliments but, because it is small it might not be as reliable in the winter months as my primary vehicle. Since I have only owned this car for a few months, I haven't experienced winter with this car yet so I can't say for sure."

Not my actual vehicle, But my vehicle is exactly the same.

Wish I had this engine in an old 850

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Great Price,fun to drive, nimble in traffic, quick"

Cons: "Beats takes up too much trunk room."

"Great overall car for two. Far more room than any other small car for driver. Two door means elbow is not hitting B pillar as in all Asian models. Car gets up to speed much quicker than I expected and speed not as noticeable as expected. Down shifting automatic allows it to launch forward in traffic. Better than advertised gas mileage. Easy in and out. Sun roof screen could be solid versus perforated. Only complaint - seat belt reminder is absurdly loud."

Nice Car for under $20,000

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive excellent acceleration"

Cons: "None so far"

"Very zippy performance car. Would not recommend if you are going to have more than one passenger. Overall great value."

Commuter car only and very expensive

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "great brakes and thats about it"

Cons: "everything else except brakes"

"Commuter car only not good for anything else it was very expensive and it has to have premium gas. Not worth anything on a trade as I now see on KBB,. wow, worth about halve of purchase price and not even a year old. This car is severely underpowered with no room to carry anything but yourself. Forget about going and picking up something this includes groceries there is no room!!! if your an aggressive driver I do not recommend this vehicle !!!!!!"

One of the most fun & economical cars I have owned

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Safe. Economical."

Cons: "None."

"This car does everything as advertised. Economical, gets lots of comments and attention, keeps up with all traffic with the base engine, regardless of what the "race car magazine" editors say. We have taken two long highway trips and do lots of city driving, too. A great car."

Excellent Small Car

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Reason: multiple cars

Pros: "Large interior, 40mpg, extreme fun to drive."

"Purchased as an extra vehicle for running around instead of using my collectable vehicles. Turns out this car is a hoot to drive, comfortable, with tons of storage with the rear seats down, great on gas, and super reliable. I've had many many cars, this Fiat is one of the most fun to drive (5-speed stick). A great value for the money."

Lots of fun

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "This is a great small car."

Cons: "Cup holders are difficult to reach when driving."

"The car is easy to park and good on gas. The turbo gives it the extra umph it needs to be a lot of fun on the road, and the ride is even comfortable on long trips. It is also easy to get in and out of, giving me the fun of a sports car without the discomfort."

Horrible in snow, rough ride

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "easy to park"

Cons: "horrible in snow"

"The Fiat is easy to park and is fun to drive around town. The downside is that on the highway the ride is rough and loud. It's also horrible in the snow. Definitely don't buy the Fiat if you expect to drive it in any snow."

awesome vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "they are a bit small"

"I own a fiat 500c abarth although it's a little on the expansive side it is a very fun to drive vehicle and it makes you feel young again"

great car for the city and beyond

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "all my friends have either ridden or driven my 500"

"bought my fiat sport, loving it so much, I bought the wife a fiat 500L hoping the fun in driving continued with it, my 500 sport has delivered great comfort and fuel economy, took a trip out of town to see how comfortable it was on a out of town trip, loved it, I give my Fiat 500 Sport 10's in all ratings!!!!"

Sad to have raved about this car

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Cons: "Clutch fails"

"When I bought this car I was really excited and raved about it to all my friends. I expected nothing but great things from this little car and really started saving a lot of money in Gasoline purchases. (Was getting 42+ MPG by driving reasonably and not being aggressive with it, it’s not a racer) 27,000 miles into it, the clutch failed (in rush hour traffic no less) and Fiat claims that it was just worn out. All calls for Customer Service ended in no help what-so-ever. Fiat is not ready to return to the American car market. Do not purchase this car."

A Mini Light

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, small size for that 3rd garage space"

Cons: "road noise"

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

"We had a 2009 Smart car as our 3rd car for shopping trips and weekend excursions. When the Fiat 500 came out, I instantly wanted one to replace the Smart car. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that I could not buy a new car until she replaced her car which had over 100,000 miles. The day after we got her new Camry hybrid, I traded the Smart for a Fiat 500 sport automatic. My wife tried not to like the Fiat, but now loves it like I do. It has been reliable and unlike the Smart, it does fine on regular gas. I have driven it twice on trips from Ohio to Maryland and it was fine on the interstate through the mountains. It is the perfect extra car. The non-turbo engine is a bit weak, but revs happily with a good sound. The Bose audio is good, but there is considerable road noise at highway speeds. Handling is fun and the turning radius makes parking a breeze. Changing the oil is tough in that the oil filter is in a very tight location, although visible."

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

I have the Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio. Very fun car!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable gas mileage"

Cons: "Quick little car, however, not enough power for me"

"I own a 2013 BMW M5 (F10) and a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. I have owned a Ferrari F430 Berlenetta Challenge, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes E55 AMG, BMW M3, etc. etc. Even with my experience owning all my previous vehicles, I have to say, that this a a very, very, fun car. The exhaust is sound awesome and the gas mileage is absolutely incredible in conjunction with it's sportiness. My Abarth was a little pricey, coming in at 31,850 plus the additional 7,500 for the dealer modifications. However, I received a dealer rebate of 3500 and a manufacture rebate of 4500 for a total of 8000 in savings! The rebate were great! The factory and most Fiat dealers, offer the rebates (although depending on the price of the vehicle,the rebates may fluctuate)."

Lots of Fun

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"2012 Fiat 500 Sport with 5 speed manual: Pros: Great exterior/interior styling, excellent gas mileage (36/37 mpg in town and 40 to 44 on the highway), peppy around town and fun to drive - not a lot of power but it's fun going through the gears to get the most of what's there, smooth shifting/good clutch action, strong brakes, will fit in most any parking space, very reliable - only issues in 2 years of ownership have been a front strut replacement and a new chrome top on the gear shifter - both repaired free of charge under warranty, can hold a surprising amount of cargo for such a small car, people smile when they see it - everyone likes it. Cons: Not a good car for extended highway trips - loud at speed, takes concentration to keep in a straight line, stiff suspension makes rough roads tiring over long distances, moves around over high speed bumps; poor interior lighting; poor radio controls; heater and ac are slow to do their jobs; blind spots at rear; cup holders too small. Bottom line is to know why you're buying the car. Can't beat it for in-town or sporty driving but take long trips in something else."

worst car I have ever boughten

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "won't start electric problems"

"Horrible will not start hardly ever the transmission is slipping my dealership has to replace all the electric wiring the only good thing about this car is the gas mileage I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone"

A car that truly makes every drive enjoyable!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Good value, great style, solid warranty, MPGs"

Cons: "No standard spare tire, depreciation"

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

"I bought one of the first Fiat 500s made for the U.S. in March 2011. The car has been a joy to own and every drive in it makes me smile. I like the distinctive styling, the standard equipment level, and some special nice touches -- e.g. the "hill assist" that stops a manual transmission car from rolling backward on a hill. The car is truly fun to drive, yet it gets great MPGs -- I recorded 41.2 for a roundtrip from DC to NC. The styling is holding up well after several model years and the car is just downright practical with its big hatchback and room to seat four adults. The only item I rated less than 10/10 is reliability. The Fiat 500 does not come with a standard spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. The first time I got a flat that sufficed; the second time I was stranded in an awkward situation. A spare is available from the dealer which would remedy this one notable complaint I have. That's the only time I have not loved my Fiat in three years and 32,000 miles. I have recommended the car to friends and those who bought one love theirs too. I liked my car so much I bought the ultimate Fiat, the Abarth, to upgrade an already perfect car."

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

Small, but perfectly formed!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, room up-front"

Cons: "back seats a squeeze (used often?)"

"Bought new just over 2 years ago and coming up to 33,000 miles now. Main reason for the purchase was the gas mileage - we have the basic manual version, and get on average 44 mpg commuting into DC. If careful, we can get an average of 50 mpg on trips to the Atlantic shore. Space up front not a problem - and when necessary we can fit a couple of people in the back (but only when necessary!). No major problems. Lots of interest - and people smile when they see us!"

Very sporty, eye catchy, economical, fun to drive

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Very good on gas, drives well, good confort,"

Cons: "small engine compartment, hard to work on."

"Great like car to get around in. Economical, the best mileage I got was 41 MPG on a trip to Las Vegas. This little car has never left me. Always starts always goes. As you drive the car, it does not feel like a little car. I would get another.."

Love my car, fun to drive, easy on gas

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the price, lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Road noise could use improvement inside car."

"I drove a Tahoe, 75.00 2 times a week to fill it, that money now pays my loan. About 350 miles on a tank of gas. Easy to maintain. Fun to drive. The only issue seats are not good for long distance travel. But will work if you take breaks. Great car for travel to/from work. I feel safe when I drive the car. Sound system is pretty good. Nearly everyone who sees it wants to look at it and asks lots of questions."

Great little car for city driving

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "great pickup, excellent handling"

Cons: "small backseat and 'trunk'; spare tire is optional"

"I was not a fan of the base 500, and the 'scorpion' was too noisy; the turbo sport is just right. Very fun to drive, peppy on the interstate and in traffic, i love 'sport' mode, which seems to decrease turbo lag. When not in city i have been getting about 35mpg, round town it's closer to 22mpg. Only complaint i have of the car is that the LH arm rest is awful, and it's a bit noisy, but not as bad as either honda fit or ford fiesta, both of which i had before the fiat."

Best fun car ive owned an ive had many...

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "FUN car! epa says 30/38 i get 37/41 aftr 10k miles"

Cons: "Very lite, freeeky on ice."

"This is the funnist car ive had. Very forgiveing.Ive had Cam/TA's, Mustangs,ect..Pony cars- rear wheel dive an 2 much pwr. This car is well balenced skided on whet asphalt, sandy concrete, dry concrete, an good warm asphalt scarry stuf. Ponys lift in front an over steer or under steer (TA-heavey v8). This car well matched with pwr netrul slide, perfect steering,clutching,braking, user frendly.This car will not roll on turns leans yes but with out lift or yawl no weird pitching, its predictable!!!! No camaro can say that.,PS the pop is mushie,Abarth 2 firm 4 street,sport juuuust right!!"

Best sports car with a top.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price/fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs Italian horn. Loud one."

"People love it. They point etc. kids love it. Biggest deficiency is the turning radius. Wide wheel required compromise here. Otherwise is it a blast."

Review update after a year

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage"

Cons: "TIRES!!!"

"It's been a year and 19k miles on my little italian designed Fiat 500 sport. No mayor issues other than the tires, mine came with the Pirelli P7 16" and they are very bad! After only that milage the tires are so bad I can't bear to drive it over 65 mph. Replacing them will cost me over $700. Other issue it's the value, the car has devalued over 50% in only a year. I'm looking forward to exchanging it pretty soon before I keep loosing value. Gas mileage is a plus with 36 mpg mostly highway."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next