2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,282 - $15,875.

10/7.1

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Fantastic Value

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Quality of construction, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 Sport 5 speed to replace a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. After owning the Mini just wasn't confident that it would hold up long term without having to take out a second mortgage to pay the mechanic. At under 30K miles, I had to have the following done: timing chain and tensioner and front brake pads along with regular routine maintenance. When I traded the car in at 32K, the car was indicating that it needed rear brake pads in another 10K miles. So, going from a 27,000 car to a 19,500 car would be painful, right? Not at all. I have features in tis car that the Mini did not have- 7 speaker Beats Audio with satellite radio and climate control. OK I gave up the power of the turbo in the Mini for the 101hp Fiat, but I am now averaging 39 MPG on my daily 120 mile round trip commute. Highway manners/handling are excellent, and the sport seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The brakes are excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Fit and finish is excellent and the paint quality is far better than one would expect of a car in this price range. I have had no unexpected service visits, and the built in computer indicates when routing maintenance is requires. My oil change light came on around 8000 miles. While it does have rear seats, think of them as emergency seating only. With only 101hp on tap, expect to downshift from 5th to 4th for speedy passing. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat."

ive owned 2 now. a 500 sport and a abarth

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "price options mpg all around fun car"

Cons: "no winter tires"

"let me start by saying that ive owned 49 vehicles since i was 15,now 38. and this has been my favorite so far/my first fiat was the 500 sport which i owned for 6 months and put over 10000 miles on it with zero problems.my daily commute was 70 miles and i avg. 41mpg @70+mph. driving a lil more sensible i did see aroung 46mpg.my sport was 5 speed and had plenty of pickup,i was actually suprised from the 1.4 liter engine,very smooth,and quick.steering is quick and precise,the 5 speed has a light feel to it,shifting through the gears with very little effort.nice tight close shift pattern,although the shift knob seemed a lil cheap(plastic).the interior seemed laid out very well,i really liked the position of the shifter in relation to seating position.controls on the dash didnt look cheap.radio controls on back of steering wheel is a nice touch.door panels are kind of plain with only a small amount of leather on the armrest,but not hateful. my abarth ive had 5 months now and have 7000 miles. this car is blast to drive,very quick with great handiling.the turbo has no lag,runs 18pounds of boost,and spools very quick.the exhaust sounds amazing,quiet on the highway,but deep loud tone when you get on it..the lower stance and 17 inch wheels make this thing look great.the front bumper with vents for intercoolers and lower front lip lets you know this not your average fiat,as well as the dual exhaust and vented rear bumper with a diffuser. black leather seats with red stitching,a matching leather shift knob,and steering wheel makes the interior look a higher end sports car.ive had zero problems with this car as well although my mpg is a lil less @34 to 36,depending on how i drive it.its still respectable considering what your getting in this car. a fast sporty hatch very comparable to the mini cooper s for about 7 grand less. my only complaint is if you plan on driving this in the winter,be prepared to buy diff. wheels and tires,the tires are only three season zr rated"

A quality small car

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive great on gas"

Cons: "A bit underpowered but not bad in sport mode"

"Well I did own a MINI Cooper but that was not a good experience. What a nightmare. The MINI was just not a reliable car. I owned it for 6 months and was happy to be rid of it. I love this Fiat 500. Drives like a quality small car. It is better on gas than the EPA numbers. I am getting 34 mpg around town and 42 hiway with the 5 speed. The car has been super reliable without any problems. If you are thinking of buying a MINI drive the Fiat 500 and I think you will be pleasantly surprized."

A blast to drive, seems reliable so far

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great MPG, Low Cost"

Cons: "Some features could be better quality"

"I am frugal and wanted a fun car to drive, that was also low cost. Being a single person, I wanted a small car I could zip in and out of traffic with. I LOVE driving this car. You have to use the Sport button to really feel the power and control. I love the fact I'm getting 40+ miles per gallon. For me that means it's cheaper driving than taking the park and ride bus. Houston traffic is a nightmare, but I feel safe in this car and have been able to avoid accidents in it simply because of it's size. The interior is comfortable. There are some interesting attention to details pieces, but then there are a few things that are lacking. I wish the Bluetooth did a better job of integrating with my phone's media. I wish the armrest on the driver's side was a little more sturdy. and that the middle console a little bit closer up. But I've had this car almost a year with no problems. The only problem I see is chips in the paint. I don't know if that's from gravel/debris of highway driving, but I think it shouldn't chip like that. Other than that, the engine seems to run perfect, although it's hot to the touch. I say this is a GREAT car for the value. If you add extras, maybe not so much. It was between this and a Kia Soul. I only wish I had the soul when I move furniture. But I can get my bike in the back and pretty much a lot of stuff with the fold-down seats. I really would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive car, with great gas mileage and some good safety features."

So much car in such a small package!

By on Saturday, December 01, 2012

Pros: "packaging/engineering, style, fun to drive"

Cons: "electric throttle, blind spot"

My car on top of a mountain in the Adirondacks- I wasn't the only one taking pictures that day!

"I have owned my 500 for over a year and have loved every mile in it. The bottom line is that this is a great car packed into a tiny package. I think the best attributes of the car are its driving manners, passenger comfort, over-all engineering and execution of design (including interior volume), and attention to detail. Other things that I like are the ergonomic layout of the interior, fluidity of the engine, and ability to make people laugh when I stuff a huge object in through the tailgate. And it is beautiful! I don't particularly like the electric throttle, the big side pillars (due to the placement of its seven airbags) and the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope toward you. All minor things in my opinion. It goes great in the snow, has a wonderful stereo and easy to use blue tooth, and has absolutely the most comfortable seats of all the small cars out there. Final thought: It makes a fool out of standard cars on off-ramps, at gas pumps, through traffic circles, and in parking garages. This is such an honest car and I smile every time I turn the key. This is what a small car should be."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25