2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,202 - $15,771.

10/7.1

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Lots of fun

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "This is a great small car."

Cons: "Cup holders are difficult to reach when driving."

"The car is easy to park and good on gas. The turbo gives it the extra umph it needs to be a lot of fun on the road, and the ride is even comfortable on long trips. It is also easy to get in and out of, giving me the fun of a sports car without the discomfort."

Horrible in snow, rough ride

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "easy to park"

Cons: "horrible in snow"

"The Fiat is easy to park and is fun to drive around town. The downside is that on the highway the ride is rough and loud. It's also horrible in the snow. Definitely don't buy the Fiat if you expect to drive it in any snow."

awesome vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "they are a bit small"

"I own a fiat 500c abarth although it's a little on the expansive side it is a very fun to drive vehicle and it makes you feel young again"

great car for the city and beyond

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "all my friends have either ridden or driven my 500"

"bought my fiat sport, loving it so much, I bought the wife a fiat 500L hoping the fun in driving continued with it, my 500 sport has delivered great comfort and fuel economy, took a trip out of town to see how comfortable it was on a out of town trip, loved it, I give my Fiat 500 Sport 10's in all ratings!!!!"

Sad to have raved about this car

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Cons: "Clutch fails"

"When I bought this car I was really excited and raved about it to all my friends. I expected nothing but great things from this little car and really started saving a lot of money in Gasoline purchases. (Was getting 42+ MPG by driving reasonably and not being aggressive with it, it’s not a racer) 27,000 miles into it, the clutch failed (in rush hour traffic no less) and Fiat claims that it was just worn out. All calls for Customer Service ended in no help what-so-ever. Fiat is not ready to return to the American car market. Do not purchase this car."

A Mini Light

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, small size for that 3rd garage space"

Cons: "road noise"

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

"We had a 2009 Smart car as our 3rd car for shopping trips and weekend excursions. When the Fiat 500 came out, I instantly wanted one to replace the Smart car. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that I could not buy a new car until she replaced her car which had over 100,000 miles. The day after we got her new Camry hybrid, I traded the Smart for a Fiat 500 sport automatic. My wife tried not to like the Fiat, but now loves it like I do. It has been reliable and unlike the Smart, it does fine on regular gas. I have driven it twice on trips from Ohio to Maryland and it was fine on the interstate through the mountains. It is the perfect extra car. The non-turbo engine is a bit weak, but revs happily with a good sound. The Bose audio is good, but there is considerable road noise at highway speeds. Handling is fun and the turning radius makes parking a breeze. Changing the oil is tough in that the oil filter is in a very tight location, although visible."

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

I have the Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio. Very fun car!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable gas mileage"

Cons: "Quick little car, however, not enough power for me"

"I own a 2013 BMW M5 (F10) and a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. I have owned a Ferrari F430 Berlenetta Challenge, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes E55 AMG, BMW M3, etc. etc. Even with my experience owning all my previous vehicles, I have to say, that this a a very, very, fun car. The exhaust is sound awesome and the gas mileage is absolutely incredible in conjunction with it's sportiness. My Abarth was a little pricey, coming in at 31,850 plus the additional 7,500 for the dealer modifications. However, I received a dealer rebate of 3500 and a manufacture rebate of 4500 for a total of 8000 in savings! The rebate were great! The factory and most Fiat dealers, offer the rebates (although depending on the price of the vehicle,the rebates may fluctuate)."

Lots of Fun

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"2012 Fiat 500 Sport with 5 speed manual: Pros: Great exterior/interior styling, excellent gas mileage (36/37 mpg in town and 40 to 44 on the highway), peppy around town and fun to drive - not a lot of power but it's fun going through the gears to get the most of what's there, smooth shifting/good clutch action, strong brakes, will fit in most any parking space, very reliable - only issues in 2 years of ownership have been a front strut replacement and a new chrome top on the gear shifter - both repaired free of charge under warranty, can hold a surprising amount of cargo for such a small car, people smile when they see it - everyone likes it. Cons: Not a good car for extended highway trips - loud at speed, takes concentration to keep in a straight line, stiff suspension makes rough roads tiring over long distances, moves around over high speed bumps; poor interior lighting; poor radio controls; heater and ac are slow to do their jobs; blind spots at rear; cup holders too small. Bottom line is to know why you're buying the car. Can't beat it for in-town or sporty driving but take long trips in something else."

worst car I have ever boughten

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "won't start electric problems"

"Horrible will not start hardly ever the transmission is slipping my dealership has to replace all the electric wiring the only good thing about this car is the gas mileage I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone"

A car that truly makes every drive enjoyable!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Good value, great style, solid warranty, MPGs"

Cons: "No standard spare tire, depreciation"

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

"I bought one of the first Fiat 500s made for the U.S. in March 2011. The car has been a joy to own and every drive in it makes me smile. I like the distinctive styling, the standard equipment level, and some special nice touches -- e.g. the "hill assist" that stops a manual transmission car from rolling backward on a hill. The car is truly fun to drive, yet it gets great MPGs -- I recorded 41.2 for a roundtrip from DC to NC. The styling is holding up well after several model years and the car is just downright practical with its big hatchback and room to seat four adults. The only item I rated less than 10/10 is reliability. The Fiat 500 does not come with a standard spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. The first time I got a flat that sufficed; the second time I was stranded in an awkward situation. A spare is available from the dealer which would remedy this one notable complaint I have. That's the only time I have not loved my Fiat in three years and 32,000 miles. I have recommended the car to friends and those who bought one love theirs too. I liked my car so much I bought the ultimate Fiat, the Abarth, to upgrade an already perfect car."

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

Small, but perfectly formed!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, room up-front"

Cons: "back seats a squeeze (used often?)"

"Bought new just over 2 years ago and coming up to 33,000 miles now. Main reason for the purchase was the gas mileage - we have the basic manual version, and get on average 44 mpg commuting into DC. If careful, we can get an average of 50 mpg on trips to the Atlantic shore. Space up front not a problem - and when necessary we can fit a couple of people in the back (but only when necessary!). No major problems. Lots of interest - and people smile when they see us!"

Very sporty, eye catchy, economical, fun to drive

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Very good on gas, drives well, good confort,"

Cons: "small engine compartment, hard to work on."

"Great like car to get around in. Economical, the best mileage I got was 41 MPG on a trip to Las Vegas. This little car has never left me. Always starts always goes. As you drive the car, it does not feel like a little car. I would get another.."

Love my car, fun to drive, easy on gas

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the price, lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Road noise could use improvement inside car."

"I drove a Tahoe, 75.00 2 times a week to fill it, that money now pays my loan. About 350 miles on a tank of gas. Easy to maintain. Fun to drive. The only issue seats are not good for long distance travel. But will work if you take breaks. Great car for travel to/from work. I feel safe when I drive the car. Sound system is pretty good. Nearly everyone who sees it wants to look at it and asks lots of questions."

Great little car for city driving

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "great pickup, excellent handling"

Cons: "small backseat and 'trunk'; spare tire is optional"

"I was not a fan of the base 500, and the 'scorpion' was too noisy; the turbo sport is just right. Very fun to drive, peppy on the interstate and in traffic, i love 'sport' mode, which seems to decrease turbo lag. When not in city i have been getting about 35mpg, round town it's closer to 22mpg. Only complaint i have of the car is that the LH arm rest is awful, and it's a bit noisy, but not as bad as either honda fit or ford fiesta, both of which i had before the fiat."

Best fun car ive owned an ive had many...

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "FUN car! epa says 30/38 i get 37/41 aftr 10k miles"

Cons: "Very lite, freeeky on ice."

"This is the funnist car ive had. Very forgiveing.Ive had Cam/TA's, Mustangs,ect..Pony cars- rear wheel dive an 2 much pwr. This car is well balenced skided on whet asphalt, sandy concrete, dry concrete, an good warm asphalt scarry stuf. Ponys lift in front an over steer or under steer (TA-heavey v8). This car well matched with pwr netrul slide, perfect steering,clutching,braking, user frendly.This car will not roll on turns leans yes but with out lift or yawl no weird pitching, its predictable!!!! No camaro can say that.,PS the pop is mushie,Abarth 2 firm 4 street,sport juuuust right!!"

Best sports car with a top.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price/fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs Italian horn. Loud one."

"People love it. They point etc. kids love it. Biggest deficiency is the turning radius. Wide wheel required compromise here. Otherwise is it a blast."

Review update after a year

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage"

Cons: "TIRES!!!"

"It's been a year and 19k miles on my little italian designed Fiat 500 sport. No mayor issues other than the tires, mine came with the Pirelli P7 16" and they are very bad! After only that milage the tires are so bad I can't bear to drive it over 65 mph. Replacing them will cost me over $700. Other issue it's the value, the car has devalued over 50% in only a year. I'm looking forward to exchanging it pretty soon before I keep loosing value. Gas mileage is a plus with 36 mpg mostly highway."

FIAT 500 ABARTH

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "FAST AND FURIOUS"

Cons: "THE COPS WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU"

"HAD A FIAT 500 SPORT (2012) FOR A YEAR. REGRETTED NOT BUYING THE ABARTH IN THE BEGINNING. SO JUST TRADED FOR THE ABARTH. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE ENGINES AND PERFORMANCE. THA ABARTH IS A ROCKET SHIP! THE TRANSMISSION AND OVER ALL QUALITY OF THE INTERIOR HAS A HIGHER-END FEEL. THE FIAT 500 POP, EASY, SPORT AND LOUNGE ARE GREAT CARS, TOO. BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FAST LITTLE CAR, THERE'S NO BETTER IN THIS COST RANGE. THE 500 IS A FUN RELIABLE CAR. THE FIAT 500L WILL BE MY NEXT PURCHASE."

Best car ever!!!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "great performance,great mpg,reliable,functional,"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have my Fiat 500 Sport since 2012 and did 20000 miles on it already! Car is great in the city, but this summer I drove my car from Chicago to Calgary, Japer National Park to Vancouver!!! There was me and my cousin our luggage for 3 weeks and camping equipment(tent, sleeping bags, mattress). It is amazing how the car perform in the mountains being loaded. I was averaging 39.5mpg!!!I like smile of Canadians when they saw license plate from Illinois and the size of the car. Truth is small from the outside, but big on the inside!!!Despite the distance (7000miles) it was very comfortable!"

fun runabout car

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "fun, European style, great city car"

Cons: "tight backseat"

"As a second car for commuting and running errands, the Fiat 500 is great. Most fun with the manual transmission. Ride is a bit harsh, but that comes with the short wheelbase. Interior is upscale for the price range. For anyone with a sense of style, this beats the generic Japanese/Korean econoboxes. Being the first run of this model from the factory in Mexico, there were some assembly defects, but they were corrected by the dealer under warranty."

Exactly What the Reviews Tell You!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Price, Fun, Styling, Exhaust, Space, Comfortable"

Cons: "Driving Position, Seating, Reliable, User-Friendly"

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

"This car is exactly what the reviews tell you, and that is not necessarily a bad thing! The Abarth is exceptionally fun to drive, without breaking too many laws or your bank. As well as that, you get the bonus of a fun and quirky styling, a racing heritage, and a sense of "rarity" in ownership. With that being said, the Abarth does have its flaws. The seating position is relatively high and undoubtedly Italian (Hope you have long arms and short legs). It has noticeable under-steer, torque-steer, and turbo lag but it is all well managed. As well as that, the rear seats are completely useless. I was, however, surprised at the amount of cargo space in this little hatch. I moved into my apartment (minus furniture)in one trip with the Abarth! Pros: - Well Priced (If you avoid the overpriced options) - A+ FUN Factor - Interior & Exterior Styling - Exhaust Note - Cargo Space - Road Rarity - Comfortable for a Sub-Compact (Expect a little bumpiness) Cons: - Driving Position - Radio & Media User-Friendliness (Once learned, its easy) - Rear seat space - Could use a Sixth Gear on the Highway - Reliability (Expect to tell the dealership about that "loose interior panel" every oil change) ----Overall I must admit I am in Love with my Abarth.----"

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

What a Corker!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Quick, nippy, stylish"

Cons: "Fit and finish. Cheap plastic"

"Have the 2012 Abarth. It's a blast to drive with that intoxicating exhaust note. It's a love affair every time I get in and drive it! It's rough, its loud and it's bloody brilliant! So much fun driving in the mountains and on the twisties with adequate power to overtake confidently and with authority. Amazed at the gas mileage with average being 33mpg combined. Headlights are just OK and could certainly do with an upgrade. Has poor full beam coverage. Has a few rough edges on the interior plastic and would certainly feel more premium with better quality interior fitting. Love the fact that it's so different from the majority of cars out there right now and certainly gets noticed and commented on regularly."

Great car for the money.

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

"Got the base standard modle. Don't like that the high beams are flip style. Peddles are to small. Can't find the right spot for leg comfort. Either to close to gas or to far from clutch. Clutch peddel needs to come forward more. Shifter is sloppy, to easy to miss gears. Getting into 1st can be a problem. All air blows right on the gas foot. Big blind spot on right side! Visors are to small and to short. Cup holder has 3 spots but can only handle 1 at a time. I took the back seat out because fold down seat is worthless! Could have worked with if it laid flat, it's just in the way!!! Great gas milaage. 36 to 38"

This car has met all expectations!

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, plenty of power, comfortable"

Cons: "None--so far, and it's been two years"

"I bought my 500 Pop new in October 2011. Has only 86K, but I go back and forth over a mountain range to work 5 days/week, and am getting ~34 mpg with an automatic trans. Has plenty of get-up-and-go. Am investing in mid-grade fuel--heck, what's another dime when you're paying $4.28 a gallon?! The front cabin is surprisingly spacious; I seldom have passengers, so I really can't really comment on the back seat situation, but I can tell you that the large 12-roll Bounty bundle slips through the back hatch and into the back seat. I've always driven full-size cars, but I love this Fiat. Absolutely no issues."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, comfortable and very cool"

Cons: "The seats could be a bit more comfortable."

"I lusted after this car. I got an excellent deal on it from my local dealer. My car is now approximately two years old - and I still lust after it."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next