• 2014 Compact Cars

2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,282 - $15,875.

10/7.1

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

A Mini Light

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, small size for that 3rd garage space"

Cons: "road noise"

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

"We had a 2009 Smart car as our 3rd car for shopping trips and weekend excursions. When the Fiat 500 came out, I instantly wanted one to replace the Smart car. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that I could not buy a new car until she replaced her car which had over 100,000 miles. The day after we got her new Camry hybrid, I traded the Smart for a Fiat 500 sport automatic. My wife tried not to like the Fiat, but now loves it like I do. It has been reliable and unlike the Smart, it does fine on regular gas. I have driven it twice on trips from Ohio to Maryland and it was fine on the interstate through the mountains. It is the perfect extra car. The non-turbo engine is a bit weak, but revs happily with a good sound. The Bose audio is good, but there is considerable road noise at highway speeds. Handling is fun and the turning radius makes parking a breeze. Changing the oil is tough in that the oil filter is in a very tight location, although visible."

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

I have the Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio. Very fun car!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable gas mileage"

Cons: "Quick little car, however, not enough power for me"

"I own a 2013 BMW M5 (F10) and a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. I have owned a Ferrari F430 Berlenetta Challenge, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes E55 AMG, BMW M3, etc. etc. Even with my experience owning all my previous vehicles, I have to say, that this a a very, very, fun car. The exhaust is sound awesome and the gas mileage is absolutely incredible in conjunction with it's sportiness. My Abarth was a little pricey, coming in at 31,850 plus the additional 7,500 for the dealer modifications. However, I received a dealer rebate of 3500 and a manufacture rebate of 4500 for a total of 8000 in savings! The rebate were great! The factory and most Fiat dealers, offer the rebates (although depending on the price of the vehicle,the rebates may fluctuate)."

Lots of Fun

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"2012 Fiat 500 Sport with 5 speed manual: Pros: Great exterior/interior styling, excellent gas mileage (36/37 mpg in town and 40 to 44 on the highway), peppy around town and fun to drive - not a lot of power but it's fun going through the gears to get the most of what's there, smooth shifting/good clutch action, strong brakes, will fit in most any parking space, very reliable - only issues in 2 years of ownership have been a front strut replacement and a new chrome top on the gear shifter - both repaired free of charge under warranty, can hold a surprising amount of cargo for such a small car, people smile when they see it - everyone likes it. Cons: Not a good car for extended highway trips - loud at speed, takes concentration to keep in a straight line, stiff suspension makes rough roads tiring over long distances, moves around over high speed bumps; poor interior lighting; poor radio controls; heater and ac are slow to do their jobs; blind spots at rear; cup holders too small. Bottom line is to know why you're buying the car. Can't beat it for in-town or sporty driving but take long trips in something else."

worst car I have ever boughten

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "won't start electric problems"

"Horrible will not start hardly ever the transmission is slipping my dealership has to replace all the electric wiring the only good thing about this car is the gas mileage I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone"

A car that truly makes every drive enjoyable!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Good value, great style, solid warranty, MPGs"

Cons: "No standard spare tire, depreciation"

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

"I bought one of the first Fiat 500s made for the U.S. in March 2011. The car has been a joy to own and every drive in it makes me smile. I like the distinctive styling, the standard equipment level, and some special nice touches -- e.g. the "hill assist" that stops a manual transmission car from rolling backward on a hill. The car is truly fun to drive, yet it gets great MPGs -- I recorded 41.2 for a roundtrip from DC to NC. The styling is holding up well after several model years and the car is just downright practical with its big hatchback and room to seat four adults. The only item I rated less than 10/10 is reliability. The Fiat 500 does not come with a standard spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. The first time I got a flat that sufficed; the second time I was stranded in an awkward situation. A spare is available from the dealer which would remedy this one notable complaint I have. That's the only time I have not loved my Fiat in three years and 32,000 miles. I have recommended the car to friends and those who bought one love theirs too. I liked my car so much I bought the ultimate Fiat, the Abarth, to upgrade an already perfect car."

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

Small, but perfectly formed!

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, room up-front"

Cons: "back seats a squeeze (used often?)"

"Bought new just over 2 years ago and coming up to 33,000 miles now. Main reason for the purchase was the gas mileage - we have the basic manual version, and get on average 44 mpg commuting into DC. If careful, we can get an average of 50 mpg on trips to the Atlantic shore. Space up front not a problem - and when necessary we can fit a couple of people in the back (but only when necessary!). No major problems. Lots of interest - and people smile when they see us!"

Very sporty, eye catchy, economical, fun to drive

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Very good on gas, drives well, good confort,"

Cons: "small engine compartment, hard to work on."

"Great like car to get around in. Economical, the best mileage I got was 41 MPG on a trip to Las Vegas. This little car has never left me. Always starts always goes. As you drive the car, it does not feel like a little car. I would get another.."

Love my car, fun to drive, easy on gas

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the price, lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Road noise could use improvement inside car."

"I drove a Tahoe, 75.00 2 times a week to fill it, that money now pays my loan. About 350 miles on a tank of gas. Easy to maintain. Fun to drive. The only issue seats are not good for long distance travel. But will work if you take breaks. Great car for travel to/from work. I feel safe when I drive the car. Sound system is pretty good. Nearly everyone who sees it wants to look at it and asks lots of questions."

Great little car for city driving

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "great pickup, excellent handling"

Cons: "small backseat and 'trunk'; spare tire is optional"

"I was not a fan of the base 500, and the 'scorpion' was too noisy; the turbo sport is just right. Very fun to drive, peppy on the interstate and in traffic, i love 'sport' mode, which seems to decrease turbo lag. When not in city i have been getting about 35mpg, round town it's closer to 22mpg. Only complaint i have of the car is that the LH arm rest is awful, and it's a bit noisy, but not as bad as either honda fit or ford fiesta, both of which i had before the fiat."

Best fun car ive owned an ive had many...

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "FUN car! epa says 30/38 i get 37/41 aftr 10k miles"

Cons: "Very lite, freeeky on ice."

"This is the funnist car ive had. Very forgiveing.Ive had Cam/TA's, Mustangs,ect..Pony cars- rear wheel dive an 2 much pwr. This car is well balenced skided on whet asphalt, sandy concrete, dry concrete, an good warm asphalt scarry stuf. Ponys lift in front an over steer or under steer (TA-heavey v8). This car well matched with pwr netrul slide, perfect steering,clutching,braking, user frendly.This car will not roll on turns leans yes but with out lift or yawl no weird pitching, its predictable!!!! No camaro can say that.,PS the pop is mushie,Abarth 2 firm 4 street,sport juuuust right!!"

Best sports car with a top.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price/fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs Italian horn. Loud one."

"People love it. They point etc. kids love it. Biggest deficiency is the turning radius. Wide wheel required compromise here. Otherwise is it a blast."

Review update after a year

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage"

Cons: "TIRES!!!"

"It's been a year and 19k miles on my little italian designed Fiat 500 sport. No mayor issues other than the tires, mine came with the Pirelli P7 16" and they are very bad! After only that milage the tires are so bad I can't bear to drive it over 65 mph. Replacing them will cost me over $700. Other issue it's the value, the car has devalued over 50% in only a year. I'm looking forward to exchanging it pretty soon before I keep loosing value. Gas mileage is a plus with 36 mpg mostly highway."

FIAT 500 ABARTH

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "FAST AND FURIOUS"

Cons: "THE COPS WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU"

"HAD A FIAT 500 SPORT (2012) FOR A YEAR. REGRETTED NOT BUYING THE ABARTH IN THE BEGINNING. SO JUST TRADED FOR THE ABARTH. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE ENGINES AND PERFORMANCE. THA ABARTH IS A ROCKET SHIP! THE TRANSMISSION AND OVER ALL QUALITY OF THE INTERIOR HAS A HIGHER-END FEEL. THE FIAT 500 POP, EASY, SPORT AND LOUNGE ARE GREAT CARS, TOO. BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FAST LITTLE CAR, THERE'S NO BETTER IN THIS COST RANGE. THE 500 IS A FUN RELIABLE CAR. THE FIAT 500L WILL BE MY NEXT PURCHASE."

Best car ever!!!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "great performance,great mpg,reliable,functional,"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have my Fiat 500 Sport since 2012 and did 20000 miles on it already! Car is great in the city, but this summer I drove my car from Chicago to Calgary, Japer National Park to Vancouver!!! There was me and my cousin our luggage for 3 weeks and camping equipment(tent, sleeping bags, mattress). It is amazing how the car perform in the mountains being loaded. I was averaging 39.5mpg!!!I like smile of Canadians when they saw license plate from Illinois and the size of the car. Truth is small from the outside, but big on the inside!!!Despite the distance (7000miles) it was very comfortable!"

fun runabout car

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "fun, European style, great city car"

Cons: "tight backseat"

"As a second car for commuting and running errands, the Fiat 500 is great. Most fun with the manual transmission. Ride is a bit harsh, but that comes with the short wheelbase. Interior is upscale for the price range. For anyone with a sense of style, this beats the generic Japanese/Korean econoboxes. Being the first run of this model from the factory in Mexico, there were some assembly defects, but they were corrected by the dealer under warranty."

Exactly What the Reviews Tell You!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Price, Fun, Styling, Exhaust, Space, Comfortable"

Cons: "Driving Position, Seating, Reliable, User-Friendly"

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

"This car is exactly what the reviews tell you, and that is not necessarily a bad thing! The Abarth is exceptionally fun to drive, without breaking too many laws or your bank. As well as that, you get the bonus of a fun and quirky styling, a racing heritage, and a sense of "rarity" in ownership. With that being said, the Abarth does have its flaws. The seating position is relatively high and undoubtedly Italian (Hope you have long arms and short legs). It has noticeable under-steer, torque-steer, and turbo lag but it is all well managed. As well as that, the rear seats are completely useless. I was, however, surprised at the amount of cargo space in this little hatch. I moved into my apartment (minus furniture)in one trip with the Abarth! Pros: - Well Priced (If you avoid the overpriced options) - A+ FUN Factor - Interior & Exterior Styling - Exhaust Note - Cargo Space - Road Rarity - Comfortable for a Sub-Compact (Expect a little bumpiness) Cons: - Driving Position - Radio & Media User-Friendliness (Once learned, its easy) - Rear seat space - Could use a Sixth Gear on the Highway - Reliability (Expect to tell the dealership about that "loose interior panel" every oil change) ----Overall I must admit I am in Love with my Abarth.----"

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

What a Corker!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Quick, nippy, stylish"

Cons: "Fit and finish. Cheap plastic"

"Have the 2012 Abarth. It's a blast to drive with that intoxicating exhaust note. It's a love affair every time I get in and drive it! It's rough, its loud and it's bloody brilliant! So much fun driving in the mountains and on the twisties with adequate power to overtake confidently and with authority. Amazed at the gas mileage with average being 33mpg combined. Headlights are just OK and could certainly do with an upgrade. Has poor full beam coverage. Has a few rough edges on the interior plastic and would certainly feel more premium with better quality interior fitting. Love the fact that it's so different from the majority of cars out there right now and certainly gets noticed and commented on regularly."

Great car for the money.

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

"Got the base standard modle. Don't like that the high beams are flip style. Peddles are to small. Can't find the right spot for leg comfort. Either to close to gas or to far from clutch. Clutch peddel needs to come forward more. Shifter is sloppy, to easy to miss gears. Getting into 1st can be a problem. All air blows right on the gas foot. Big blind spot on right side! Visors are to small and to short. Cup holder has 3 spots but can only handle 1 at a time. I took the back seat out because fold down seat is worthless! Could have worked with if it laid flat, it's just in the way!!! Great gas milaage. 36 to 38"

This car has met all expectations!

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, plenty of power, comfortable"

Cons: "None--so far, and it's been two years"

"I bought my 500 Pop new in October 2011. Has only 86K, but I go back and forth over a mountain range to work 5 days/week, and am getting ~34 mpg with an automatic trans. Has plenty of get-up-and-go. Am investing in mid-grade fuel--heck, what's another dime when you're paying $4.28 a gallon?! The front cabin is surprisingly spacious; I seldom have passengers, so I really can't really comment on the back seat situation, but I can tell you that the large 12-roll Bounty bundle slips through the back hatch and into the back seat. I've always driven full-size cars, but I love this Fiat. Absolutely no issues."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, comfortable and very cool"

Cons: "The seats could be a bit more comfortable."

"I lusted after this car. I got an excellent deal on it from my local dealer. My car is now approximately two years old - and I still lust after it."

Awesome vehicle and value.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun, great mpg, stylish, roomy, great features."

Cons: "Back seat could be a little roomier."

"An awesome all around car. With all the features you get with the base model of this car and then add the price to it, cannot be beat. I love the look of the car and the style of the interior. I get stopped and asked about my car all the time people cannot believe how much I paid and always love the look of it. It may seem small but it is actually a lot roomier once you get in, I actually have a had a guy that is 6'6 sit inside and he was comfortable. I also have been able to fit a toddler car seat and a whole cart full of groceries with the toddler in the car seat with out any issues. I love the Bluetooth and blue and me is so awesome for hands free talking on the phone while driving. My stereo sounds awesome and and driving it is so much fun and so smooth. I honestly forget that I am driving such a little car when I am driving it the way it rides and the height it has off the ground makes me feel like I am in an SUV. Also it gets AMAZING gas mileage I live in a city where there is terrible traffic and have constant stops, I normally get 36 mpg with all that included. I would love to see what it would get on the freeway daily. And do not get me on the people at the dealership they were so nice and friendly and were not pushy about us getting the car at all and the let us test drive all the models even though they knew we could only afford the pop. This was not the first Fiat dealer I have been to and at the other one they were just as friendly. Its an awesome and very relaxed environment to be in while you make your decision on buying the car. Overall I think it is a really great car, but to be honest if you have a kid in a car seat I would recommend getting the 4 door model of the car. Even though I can fit all that stuff in the car getting a kid in and out every day I feel would get tiring and would start be a hassle especially if you want to keep a stroller in the trunk. My husband and I have no children and I only baby sit my nephew occasionally so it is an awesome car for us!!!! Long story made short it is a phenomenal car and I am in love with it and do not plan on trading it in or getting rid of it for a very long time."

Fiat Panda, now available in fun size!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun, comfortable ride, terrific gas mileage,"

Cons: "Pricey, moon roof tinting was too light"

"I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride and the decent material quality of the Fiat 500 but was slightly shocked at the sticker price. My Sport version with Bose/Sirius satellite radio and moonroof was edging close to the $20K mark----much higher than the advertised starting price. The first week I took delivery of my car, I took it on a 1000 mile vacation. The car itself is peppy at low speed but lacks any power past 65 MPH on the mountain roads. I was getting roughly 42 miles per gallon with the A/C on at full blast. It's surprisingly roomy too. I could to pack all my camping gear and still have enough room for quick naps at rest stops. The 'sports' button actually works well to quicken throttle response but makes the steering wheel a bit too heavy on twisty roads. I'm glad I had the Bose system instead of the new 'Beats' The Bose sounds better in my opinion. The dealership is terrific too (Lakeside Fiat) I was expecting a few 'quirks' from my Cinquecento but the dealership took care of them all. The service manager even took care of issues I haven't even anticipated yet. I would recommend tinting the moonroof with a much darker material as well. Overall, I am very happy with my new Fiat 500"

Fun easy driving go to work car.

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"Basic car is good but the US add-ons can be annoying. Tire pressure monitoring system is one of the worst systems ever built. I have had all 4 tire modules replaced and the main sensor replaced twice. Rear seat is only good for empty coffee cups, pulled mine out for more storage."

Love it,7 hour trip handled great,fun 4 all

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "great little car."

Cons: "no passagener arm rest,no tom tom book"

"The car is serprizing comfertable and hugs the road,even in a cloth top the noise factor was not a problem,handled great in the rain and after the trip i was not sore or tired,great gas milage and fun 4 all."

Great little car for short comuting

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Rides well, durable for a little car"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats."

"Was one of the first to get a pop 500. Has great Blu tooth technology that actually works well. All radio, phone controls at the ease of voice or on steering wheel with easy access. I am 5'10 and have to say wouldn't fit if I where much taller. The seats are probably the worst thing on the car, very uncomfortable for long rides. It could use a few more horses under the hood, but on the freeway it moves and rides like a much larger car. After 17 months I have 36,000 miles and it has been driven hard. Not one problem so far. This car is a great little find that is not like the other imports that all look alike. Fun, economic and great for short small trips or around town."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25