2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,361 - $15,952.

10/7.1

Based on 84 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

A Mini Light

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, small size for that 3rd garage space"

Cons: "road noise"

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

"We had a 2009 Smart car as our 3rd car for shopping trips and weekend excursions. When the Fiat 500 came out, I instantly wanted one to replace the Smart car. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that I could not buy a new car until she replaced her car which had over 100,000 miles. The day after we got her new Camry hybrid, I traded the Smart for a Fiat 500 sport automatic. My wife tried not to like the Fiat, but now loves it like I do. It has been reliable and unlike the Smart, it does fine on regular gas. I have driven it twice on trips from Ohio to Maryland and it was fine on the interstate through the mountains. It is the perfect extra car. The non-turbo engine is a bit weak, but revs happily with a good sound. The Bose audio is good, but there is considerable road noise at highway speeds. Handling is fun and the turning radius makes parking a breeze. Changing the oil is tough in that the oil filter is in a very tight location, although visible."

2012 Fiat 500 Sport

I have the Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio. Very fun car!

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable gas mileage"

Cons: "Quick little car, however, not enough power for me"

"I own a 2013 BMW M5 (F10) and a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. I have owned a Ferrari F430 Berlenetta Challenge, Aston Martin Vantage, Mercedes E55 AMG, BMW M3, etc. etc. Even with my experience owning all my previous vehicles, I have to say, that this a a very, very, fun car. The exhaust is sound awesome and the gas mileage is absolutely incredible in conjunction with it's sportiness. My Abarth was a little pricey, coming in at 31,850 plus the additional 7,500 for the dealer modifications. However, I received a dealer rebate of 3500 and a manufacture rebate of 4500 for a total of 8000 in savings! The rebate were great! The factory and most Fiat dealers, offer the rebates (although depending on the price of the vehicle,the rebates may fluctuate)."

Lots of Fun

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"2012 Fiat 500 Sport with 5 speed manual: Pros: Great exterior/interior styling, excellent gas mileage (36/37 mpg in town and 40 to 44 on the highway), peppy around town and fun to drive - not a lot of power but it's fun going through the gears to get the most of what's there, smooth shifting/good clutch action, strong brakes, will fit in most any parking space, very reliable - only issues in 2 years of ownership have been a front strut replacement and a new chrome top on the gear shifter - both repaired free of charge under warranty, can hold a surprising amount of cargo for such a small car, people smile when they see it - everyone likes it. Cons: Not a good car for extended highway trips - loud at speed, takes concentration to keep in a straight line, stiff suspension makes rough roads tiring over long distances, moves around over high speed bumps; poor interior lighting; poor radio controls; heater and ac are slow to do their jobs; blind spots at rear; cup holders too small. Bottom line is to know why you're buying the car. Can't beat it for in-town or sporty driving but take long trips in something else."

worst car I have ever boughten

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage"

Cons: "won't start electric problems"

"Horrible will not start hardly ever the transmission is slipping my dealership has to replace all the electric wiring the only good thing about this car is the gas mileage I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone"

A car that truly makes every drive enjoyable!

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Good value, great style, solid warranty, MPGs"

Cons: "No standard spare tire, depreciation"

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth

"I bought one of the first Fiat 500s made for the U.S. in March 2011. The car has been a joy to own and every drive in it makes me smile. I like the distinctive styling, the standard equipment level, and some special nice touches -- e.g. the "hill assist" that stops a manual transmission car from rolling backward on a hill. The car is truly fun to drive, yet it gets great MPGs -- I recorded 41.2 for a roundtrip from DC to NC. The styling is holding up well after several model years and the car is just downright practical with its big hatchback and room to seat four adults. The only item I rated less than 10/10 is reliability. The Fiat 500 does not come with a standard spare tire, just a can of fix-a-flat. The first time I got a flat that sufficed; the second time I was stranded in an awkward situation. A spare is available from the dealer which would remedy this one notable complaint I have. That's the only time I have not loved my Fiat in three years and 32,000 miles. I have recommended the car to friends and those who bought one love theirs too. I liked my car so much I bought the ultimate Fiat, the Abarth, to upgrade an already perfect car."

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport (black stripe) and my new 2013 Abarth