2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,515 - $19,194.

10/7.1

Based on 89 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Exactly What the Reviews Tell You!

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Price, Fun, Styling, Exhaust, Space, Comfortable"

Cons: "Driving Position, Seating, Reliable, User-Friendly"

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

"This car is exactly what the reviews tell you, and that is not necessarily a bad thing! The Abarth is exceptionally fun to drive, without breaking too many laws or your bank. As well as that, you get the bonus of a fun and quirky styling, a racing heritage, and a sense of "rarity" in ownership. With that being said, the Abarth does have its flaws. The seating position is relatively high and undoubtedly Italian (Hope you have long arms and short legs). It has noticeable under-steer, torque-steer, and turbo lag but it is all well managed. As well as that, the rear seats are completely useless. I was, however, surprised at the amount of cargo space in this little hatch. I moved into my apartment (minus furniture)in one trip with the Abarth! Pros: - Well Priced (If you avoid the overpriced options) - A+ FUN Factor - Interior & Exterior Styling - Exhaust Note - Cargo Space - Road Rarity - Comfortable for a Sub-Compact (Expect a little bumpiness) Cons: - Driving Position - Radio & Media User-Friendliness (Once learned, its easy) - Rear seat space - Could use a Sixth Gear on the Highway - Reliability (Expect to tell the dealership about that "loose interior panel" every oil change) ----Overall I must admit I am in Love with my Abarth.----"

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

What a Corker!

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Quick, nippy, stylish"

Cons: "Fit and finish. Cheap plastic"

"Have the 2012 Abarth. It's a blast to drive with that intoxicating exhaust note. It's a love affair every time I get in and drive it! It's rough, its loud and it's bloody brilliant! So much fun driving in the mountains and on the twisties with adequate power to overtake confidently and with authority. Amazed at the gas mileage with average being 33mpg combined. Headlights are just OK and could certainly do with an upgrade. Has poor full beam coverage. Has a few rough edges on the interior plastic and would certainly feel more premium with better quality interior fitting. Love the fact that it's so different from the majority of cars out there right now and certainly gets noticed and commented on regularly."

Great car for the money.

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

"Got the base standard modle. Don't like that the high beams are flip style. Peddles are to small. Can't find the right spot for leg comfort. Either to close to gas or to far from clutch. Clutch peddel needs to come forward more. Shifter is sloppy, to easy to miss gears. Getting into 1st can be a problem. All air blows right on the gas foot. Big blind spot on right side! Visors are to small and to short. Cup holder has 3 spots but can only handle 1 at a time. I took the back seat out because fold down seat is worthless! Could have worked with if it laid flat, it's just in the way!!! Great gas milaage. 36 to 38"

This car has met all expectations!

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great MPG, plenty of power, comfortable"

Cons: "None--so far, and it's been two years"

"I bought my 500 Pop new in October 2011. Has only 86K, but I go back and forth over a mountain range to work 5 days/week, and am getting ~34 mpg with an automatic trans. Has plenty of get-up-and-go. Am investing in mid-grade fuel--heck, what's another dime when you're paying $4.28 a gallon?! The front cabin is surprisingly spacious; I seldom have passengers, so I really can't really comment on the back seat situation, but I can tell you that the large 12-roll Bounty bundle slips through the back hatch and into the back seat. I've always driven full-size cars, but I love this Fiat. Absolutely no issues."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, comfortable and very cool"

Cons: "The seats could be a bit more comfortable."

"I lusted after this car. I got an excellent deal on it from my local dealer. My car is now approximately two years old - and I still lust after it."

Awesome vehicle and value.

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun, great mpg, stylish, roomy, great features."

Cons: "Back seat could be a little roomier."

"An awesome all around car. With all the features you get with the base model of this car and then add the price to it, cannot be beat. I love the look of the car and the style of the interior. I get stopped and asked about my car all the time people cannot believe how much I paid and always love the look of it. It may seem small but it is actually a lot roomier once you get in, I actually have a had a guy that is 6'6 sit inside and he was comfortable. I also have been able to fit a toddler car seat and a whole cart full of groceries with the toddler in the car seat with out any issues. I love the Bluetooth and blue and me is so awesome for hands free talking on the phone while driving. My stereo sounds awesome and and driving it is so much fun and so smooth. I honestly forget that I am driving such a little car when I am driving it the way it rides and the height it has off the ground makes me feel like I am in an SUV. Also it gets AMAZING gas mileage I live in a city where there is terrible traffic and have constant stops, I normally get 36 mpg with all that included. I would love to see what it would get on the freeway daily. And do not get me on the people at the dealership they were so nice and friendly and were not pushy about us getting the car at all and the let us test drive all the models even though they knew we could only afford the pop. This was not the first Fiat dealer I have been to and at the other one they were just as friendly. Its an awesome and very relaxed environment to be in while you make your decision on buying the car. Overall I think it is a really great car, but to be honest if you have a kid in a car seat I would recommend getting the 4 door model of the car. Even though I can fit all that stuff in the car getting a kid in and out every day I feel would get tiring and would start be a hassle especially if you want to keep a stroller in the trunk. My husband and I have no children and I only baby sit my nephew occasionally so it is an awesome car for us!!!! Long story made short it is a phenomenal car and I am in love with it and do not plan on trading it in or getting rid of it for a very long time."

Fiat Panda, now available in fun size!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun, comfortable ride, terrific gas mileage,"

Cons: "Pricey, moon roof tinting was too light"

"I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride and the decent material quality of the Fiat 500 but was slightly shocked at the sticker price. My Sport version with Bose/Sirius satellite radio and moonroof was edging close to the $20K mark----much higher than the advertised starting price. The first week I took delivery of my car, I took it on a 1000 mile vacation. The car itself is peppy at low speed but lacks any power past 65 MPH on the mountain roads. I was getting roughly 42 miles per gallon with the A/C on at full blast. It's surprisingly roomy too. I could to pack all my camping gear and still have enough room for quick naps at rest stops. The 'sports' button actually works well to quicken throttle response but makes the steering wheel a bit too heavy on twisty roads. I'm glad I had the Bose system instead of the new 'Beats' The Bose sounds better in my opinion. The dealership is terrific too (Lakeside Fiat) I was expecting a few 'quirks' from my Cinquecento but the dealership took care of them all. The service manager even took care of issues I haven't even anticipated yet. I would recommend tinting the moonroof with a much darker material as well. Overall, I am very happy with my new Fiat 500"

Fun easy driving go to work car.

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

"Basic car is good but the US add-ons can be annoying. Tire pressure monitoring system is one of the worst systems ever built. I have had all 4 tire modules replaced and the main sensor replaced twice. Rear seat is only good for empty coffee cups, pulled mine out for more storage."

Love it,7 hour trip handled great,fun 4 all

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "great little car."

Cons: "no passagener arm rest,no tom tom book"

"The car is serprizing comfertable and hugs the road,even in a cloth top the noise factor was not a problem,handled great in the rain and after the trip i was not sore or tired,great gas milage and fun 4 all."

Great little car for short comuting

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Rides well, durable for a little car"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats."

"Was one of the first to get a pop 500. Has great Blu tooth technology that actually works well. All radio, phone controls at the ease of voice or on steering wheel with easy access. I am 5'10 and have to say wouldn't fit if I where much taller. The seats are probably the worst thing on the car, very uncomfortable for long rides. It could use a few more horses under the hood, but on the freeway it moves and rides like a much larger car. After 17 months I have 36,000 miles and it has been driven hard. Not one problem so far. This car is a great little find that is not like the other imports that all look alike. Fun, economic and great for short small trips or around town."