2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

A really nice inexpensive car!

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "Great price, gas mileage, fun to drive, features"

Cons: "small cup holders, slow to cool A/C"

"We've had this car for about 8 months now and it is my daily driver for a 70 mile commute round trip. It is perfect for this, getting about 39 mpg on a commute that mixes highway and town driving. My husband and I are not small people, but we find we have a good amount of room in this car. I love that my cell pairs through the radio and has good voice recognition. It is a peppy car for its size and never feels like it is trying to get out of its own way. I have the manual; wasn't impressed with the shifting on the automatic I test drove. Besides, the manual is more fun! I wish it had larger cup holders and the radio is a bit quirky in that you can set it to either turn off as soon as the car is turned off or it will stay on for 20 minutes after you turn the car off, even if the key is out and you leave the car! I also think the A/C is not quite up to NC summers, but we had a lot of 100 degree days last year and it eventually cools nicely, it just takes a while. It is a fun, economical, gas saving, attention getting car. It was well worth the inexpensive price tag!"

Very nice car, with exceptional features.

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Value! Fits tall drivers. Solidly built quality."

Cons: "Small back seat."

"I looked at a lot of cars before I bought the 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. I tried the Kia Rio, the Hyundai Accent, the VW Beetle and Golf, the Mini Cooper, the Ford Fiesta, The Honda Civic, and the Mazda2. The Fiat 500 was better than any of those cars, at least for me. I am 6' 3" tall and seating was very important to me. The Fiat has better headroom, and more comfortable leg room than the other cars. The Fiat also sits higher than the others, and the doors are taller and wider, so that makes getting in and out much easier. Great visibility! The back seat is tiny on the Fiat 500, so it only for children and small adults, or for storage. I bought the basic Fiat 500 Pop with the only option the automatic transmission. The car comes with air conditioning, power windows/lock/keyless entry, and lots of other higher end stuff. The Fiat 500 Pop has plenty of power, and the automatic is very smooth in shifting. The handing is excellent, and turning is a joy. The car does well on interstates, and does NOT feel like a small car when driving. Fuel economy has been as good, or a bit better than the rating. My combined city highway driving is averaging about 32 mpg. The hatch opens wide, and the rear seats do fold down. They do not fold all the way flat and level with the rear, so that is not as good of a storage as say in the older 2 door Hyundai Accent (sadly, they do not make the 2 door Accent anymore). But still the Fiat 500 has more storage than you would expect. The dash is easy to use and read, and has the body color across the dash. It is a pretty car both inside and out. The most common thing people say to me is, "what a cute car." The Fiat 500 has many color options that competitors just do not offer, especially in base models. Mine is rame (copper) but there are like 14 color options. Overall the price of a Fiat 500 is a great value on a solid and well designed car."

Fantastic Value

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Quality of construction, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 Sport 5 speed to replace a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. After owning the Mini just wasn't confident that it would hold up long term without having to take out a second mortgage to pay the mechanic. At under 30K miles, I had to have the following done: timing chain and tensioner and front brake pads along with regular routine maintenance. When I traded the car in at 32K, the car was indicating that it needed rear brake pads in another 10K miles. So, going from a 27,000 car to a 19,500 car would be painful, right? Not at all. I have features in tis car that the Mini did not have- 7 speaker Beats Audio with satellite radio and climate control. OK I gave up the power of the turbo in the Mini for the 101hp Fiat, but I am now averaging 39 MPG on my daily 120 mile round trip commute. Highway manners/handling are excellent, and the sport seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The brakes are excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Fit and finish is excellent and the paint quality is far better than one would expect of a car in this price range. I have had no unexpected service visits, and the built in computer indicates when routing maintenance is requires. My oil change light came on around 8000 miles. While it does have rear seats, think of them as emergency seating only. With only 101hp on tap, expect to downshift from 5th to 4th for speedy passing. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat."

A quality small car

By on Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive great on gas"

Cons: "A bit underpowered but not bad in sport mode"

"Well I did own a MINI Cooper but that was not a good experience. What a nightmare. The MINI was just not a reliable car. I owned it for 6 months and was happy to be rid of it. I love this Fiat 500. Drives like a quality small car. It is better on gas than the EPA numbers. I am getting 34 mpg around town and 42 hiway with the 5 speed. The car has been super reliable without any problems. If you are thinking of buying a MINI drive the Fiat 500 and I think you will be pleasantly surprized."

Extremely fun to drive

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pros: "Fuel efficient, Fun to Drive, affordable price, great styling"

Cons: "Materials on the doors scratch easily"

"Have had this car for 2 months now and its been great so far. I previously owned a mini and in comparison the FIAT 500 has nothing to be jealous. Its super fun to drive, the interior feels much more spacious than you would think, and when in it you dont feel stuck to the ground as you do in the mini cooper. There is a little room for improvements on some things, the plastic used in the interior on the doors scratch easily, and the carpeting is cheap .For the price its acceptable, all you have to do is get some good floor mats and you are all set. If you like a head turning, fuel efficient, fun to drive car at an affordable price, this is the car for you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals