2012 FIAT 500

8.3

Based on 126 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Nice Car for under $20,000

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive excellent acceleration"

Cons: "None so far"

"Very zippy performance car. Would not recommend if you are going to have more than one passenger. Overall great value."

Great little car for short comuting

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Rides well, durable for a little car"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats."

"Was one of the first to get a pop 500. Has great Blu tooth technology that actually works well. All radio, phone controls at the ease of voice or on steering wheel with easy access. I am 5'10 and have to say wouldn't fit if I where much taller. The seats are probably the worst thing on the car, very uncomfortable for long rides. It could use a few more horses under the hood, but on the freeway it moves and rides like a much larger car. After 17 months I have 36,000 miles and it has been driven hard. Not one problem so far. This car is a great little find that is not like the other imports that all look alike. Fun, economic and great for short small trips or around town."

DO NOT BUY A FIAT!

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun"

Cons: "Horrible quality that ruins the fun"

"Here's my story: I just graduated from college and got a nice job, and I wanted a nice car to reward myself after 4 long and hard years in college. I thought a Fiat 500 Abarth was perfect - I don't need a ton of space, I wanted a car that was fuel efficient and fun. So I bought a 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth - fully loaded - in June 2014. And it is fuel efficient and fun. By the end of July I noticed the side skirts were coming unglued and there was a funky noise in the door when I was driving, and when I shut the door with the window partially open. I took to the dealership - fixed! Not quite, the door still made noise when I was driving, the window started ticking, the dealership still had to order and install the side skirts, also new noises developed in the rear of the car, the sunroof, and the dash. I took a few weeks after that first repair - when the side skirts were ready to be installed - and mentioned the new noises along with the stuff that needed to be fixed a second time. They said it was fixed, and it was for about 10 miles - then all the problems reappeared. The new side skirts were coming un-glued, the noises in the door and window were back, noises in the rear of the car, noises in the sunroof, and now water in the taillights - yay! Took it back to the dealership, they found that the rear seat frame was crooked (takes care of the noise coming from the rear), the taillights were replaced, they used foam tape to fix the noise in the dash, the screws that held the window were loose, the glass was replaced a second time, the side skirts were re-glued, the sunroof was re-aligned, and they found that the water shield inside the door was missing! They took 16 days to fix (got to drive a nice rental that smelled like a garbage truck), and I picked it up last week. Now the taillights still have moisture in them, there is a new noise coming from the a-pillar (yay!), and the original noise from when I shut the door is back. Please, please, please go buy yourself a Toyota or something else with quality. You may be bored, but you won't have $30,000 of regret in your garage."

So disappointed with mpg and interior quality

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive in town"

Cons: "poor interior design and quality; backache seats"

"2012 Pop: Seats are soooo uncomfortable; Steering wheel does not telescope so after my 45 mile commute, my shoulders hurt from reaching or I have to sit with my knees in my chest (and I'm a 5/6" woman); the dash panel cover reflects light day and night making it almost impossible to read. However, it is fun, fun, fun to drive. I drive flat Texas highways and I only average 32.5 mpg. I'm excited when I get 34 mpg out of a tank. And as a commuter, I have to fill up the little 10 gal tank multiple times a week. This is definitely an "in town" and not a commuter car. Prior to this Fiat I drove an Audi A6 and a Ford pickup. Both doors and the dash began to rattle after only 1500 miles and most of the "soft" interior is literally cardboard. I can not address body or mechanical quality yet since I have just had my first oil change. I have to admit that I regret this purchase overall."

Redesign?!

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG (i got 43 mpg consistently on my commute"

Cons: "Design flaws galore!"

"I purchased my Fiat 500 Pop in August 2012 with 3,000 miles on it. Within 4 months and 4,000 miles, i need 2 new rear tires as it was out of alignment badly in the rear. I attempted to get it aligned, impossible as Fiat did not at the time make a shim kit for the rear. I have since gone through 3 additional sets of new tires on the rear, in only 63,000 miles. I also wore out the rear bearing on the left rear as it was pulling so badly. Fiat only remedy was to "rotate the tires regularly" I understand they have since designed a shim kit for the rear. Also, I attempted to get it inspected this fall, and discovered both CV joints are leaking and will not pass inspection. Also, Fiat has re-designed the CV joints, and to get new ones installed, I also have to replace knuckle and shafts surrounding them as the new joints are not compatible. $3,000 estimate to have them replaced and all the parts around them. Not a recall as it is not a safety feature. Also not covered under warranty. Should have waited to purchase a 2014 model till they had worked out all the kinks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals