2012 FIAT 500

8.4

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Very nice car, with exceptional features.

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Value! Fits tall drivers. Solidly built quality."

Cons: "Small back seat."

"I looked at a lot of cars before I bought the 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. I tried the Kia Rio, the Hyundai Accent, the VW Beetle and Golf, the Mini Cooper, the Ford Fiesta, The Honda Civic, and the Mazda2. The Fiat 500 was better than any of those cars, at least for me. I am 6' 3" tall and seating was very important to me. The Fiat has better headroom, and more comfortable leg room than the other cars. The Fiat also sits higher than the others, and the doors are taller and wider, so that makes getting in and out much easier. Great visibility! The back seat is tiny on the Fiat 500, so it only for children and small adults, or for storage. I bought the basic Fiat 500 Pop with the only option the automatic transmission. The car comes with air conditioning, power windows/lock/keyless entry, and lots of other higher end stuff. The Fiat 500 Pop has plenty of power, and the automatic is very smooth in shifting. The handing is excellent, and turning is a joy. The car does well on interstates, and does NOT feel like a small car when driving. Fuel economy has been as good, or a bit better than the rating. My combined city highway driving is averaging about 32 mpg. The hatch opens wide, and the rear seats do fold down. They do not fold all the way flat and level with the rear, so that is not as good of a storage as say in the older 2 door Hyundai Accent (sadly, they do not make the 2 door Accent anymore). But still the Fiat 500 has more storage than you would expect. The dash is easy to use and read, and has the body color across the dash. It is a pretty car both inside and out. The most common thing people say to me is, "what a cute car." The Fiat 500 has many color options that competitors just do not offer, especially in base models. Mine is rame (copper) but there are like 14 color options. Overall the price of a Fiat 500 is a great value on a solid and well designed car."

Wonderfull and Highly Recommended

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Style, Handling, Price, MPG, Comfort"

"I have owned many classic Alfa Romeos,FIATs, and original Morris Mini's. The new 500 brings back the reason we choose to buy these cars, however now with a reliability that was once unknown. The FIAT 500 handles perfectly on the back roads of Maine where my wife and I live and settles down nicely for in town and city driving. Great gas milage (mid 30s), agile, zippy, very comfortable, and a ton of options that rival many larger and more expensive cars. FIAT has done well and I recommend everyone to take a look at one. Remember haters will always hate these cars, but that is because they know nothing about them, much less own or drive them."

ive owned 2 now. a 500 sport and a abarth

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "price options mpg all around fun car"

Cons: "no winter tires"

"let me start by saying that ive owned 49 vehicles since i was 15,now 38. and this has been my favorite so far/my first fiat was the 500 sport which i owned for 6 months and put over 10000 miles on it with zero problems.my daily commute was 70 miles and i avg. 41mpg @70+mph. driving a lil more sensible i did see aroung 46mpg.my sport was 5 speed and had plenty of pickup,i was actually suprised from the 1.4 liter engine,very smooth,and quick.steering is quick and precise,the 5 speed has a light feel to it,shifting through the gears with very little effort.nice tight close shift pattern,although the shift knob seemed a lil cheap(plastic).the interior seemed laid out very well,i really liked the position of the shifter in relation to seating position.controls on the dash didnt look cheap.radio controls on back of steering wheel is a nice touch.door panels are kind of plain with only a small amount of leather on the armrest,but not hateful. my abarth ive had 5 months now and have 7000 miles. this car is blast to drive,very quick with great handiling.the turbo has no lag,runs 18pounds of boost,and spools very quick.the exhaust sounds amazing,quiet on the highway,but deep loud tone when you get on it..the lower stance and 17 inch wheels make this thing look great.the front bumper with vents for intercoolers and lower front lip lets you know this not your average fiat,as well as the dual exhaust and vented rear bumper with a diffuser. black leather seats with red stitching,a matching leather shift knob,and steering wheel makes the interior look a higher end sports car.ive had zero problems with this car as well although my mpg is a lil less @34 to 36,depending on how i drive it.its still respectable considering what your getting in this car. a fast sporty hatch very comparable to the mini cooper s for about 7 grand less. my only complaint is if you plan on driving this in the winter,be prepared to buy diff. wheels and tires,the tires are only three season zr rated"

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "A wonderful car"

Cons: "the windsheild washer reservoir is hard to get to"

"Living in Maine, most people own 4 wheel drive pickups or SUVs. However I don't like either of these choices so I went back to my roots of driving small Italian cars and bought the FIAT for my wife. The car is fantastic. It is probably the most honest and true car that has been made by any manufacturer for some time. It reminds me of the old Alfa GTVs I used to own. I admit I was a bit concerned about the ground clearance for the snow, but the FIAT is extremely agile and cuts through the snow just fine, and the handling is so top notch that it easily corrects when you do slide. Next year I will put on some snow tires, just for that extra safety net, but it probably is not really neccesary. The build quality is exceptional, it is very comfortable, the engine is happy to be spooled up, and it great to fling around on the back country roads that dominate the landscape up here. Sure critics put the car down for the small engine and power, but it is all it needs to be.There are no excuses from this car, however it doesn't need any. It more than keeps up with traffic on the interstate, and is extreemly zippy around town. It comes with lots of extras as standard. The fuel economy is very good and it looks fantastic. My only complaint for this car is that the trying to fill the windshield washer reservoir is extremely difficult as the opening is very small and offset, so pouring the fluid in is difficult. However if that is all they've done wrong so be it. The Abarth will be a welcome addition to the FIAT lineup here in the U.S. but the basic FIAT 500 is a great bargain for those not needing the extra flare and racer image the Abarth is known for. There are tons of options available to customize your car. I would almost recommend getting the base POP edition and gradually customizing the car to suit your taste with the different wheel packages, graphic options, interior mods etc.. All in all just a fantastic little car that should be on everyones radar."

A blast to drive, seems reliable so far

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great MPG, Low Cost"

Cons: "Some features could be better quality"

"I am frugal and wanted a fun car to drive, that was also low cost. Being a single person, I wanted a small car I could zip in and out of traffic with. I LOVE driving this car. You have to use the Sport button to really feel the power and control. I love the fact I'm getting 40+ miles per gallon. For me that means it's cheaper driving than taking the park and ride bus. Houston traffic is a nightmare, but I feel safe in this car and have been able to avoid accidents in it simply because of it's size. The interior is comfortable. There are some interesting attention to details pieces, but then there are a few things that are lacking. I wish the Bluetooth did a better job of integrating with my phone's media. I wish the armrest on the driver's side was a little more sturdy. and that the middle console a little bit closer up. But I've had this car almost a year with no problems. The only problem I see is chips in the paint. I don't know if that's from gravel/debris of highway driving, but I think it shouldn't chip like that. Other than that, the engine seems to run perfect, although it's hot to the touch. I say this is a GREAT car for the value. If you add extras, maybe not so much. It was between this and a Kia Soul. I only wish I had the soul when I move furniture. But I can get my bike in the back and pretty much a lot of stuff with the fold-down seats. I really would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive car, with great gas mileage and some good safety features."

Good for my needs

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun fun fun, cheap, great looking, attention"

Cons: "Small cup holders, slow, still has problems"

"Well, fiat is back after 20 something years and I have to say that their cars have improved exponentially. I bouught my 500 sport while working for my local fiat dealership for next to nothing. Being only 18 years old at the time I needed something cheap to build credit. I picked out a red sport 5-speed that we had on the lot and bought it for way less than invoice (one of the perks of working for a dealership). Overall this is a great little car with light, nimble handling and a "powerful enough" engine that can get up to 50 mpg if you really try. Unfortunately, my car was built in march of 2011 meaning that it is one of the first build cycles so the reliability is.... Questionable. Rattles, squeaks, and now the engine is being "Italian" on me so I have to take it in again. Ps. All cars built after July of 2011 have had these problems resolved so their reliability is much better."

A really nice inexpensive car!

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Great price, gas mileage, fun to drive, features"

Cons: "small cup holders, slow to cool A/C"

"We've had this car for about 8 months now and it is my daily driver for a 70 mile commute round trip. It is perfect for this, getting about 39 mpg on a commute that mixes highway and town driving. My husband and I are not small people, but we find we have a good amount of room in this car. I love that my cell pairs through the radio and has good voice recognition. It is a peppy car for its size and never feels like it is trying to get out of its own way. I have the manual; wasn't impressed with the shifting on the automatic I test drove. Besides, the manual is more fun! I wish it had larger cup holders and the radio is a bit quirky in that you can set it to either turn off as soon as the car is turned off or it will stay on for 20 minutes after you turn the car off, even if the key is out and you leave the car! I also think the A/C is not quite up to NC summers, but we had a lot of 100 degree days last year and it eventually cools nicely, it just takes a while. It is a fun, economical, gas saving, attention getting car. It was well worth the inexpensive price tag!"

Fantastic Value

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Quality of construction, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 Sport 5 speed to replace a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. After owning the Mini just wasn't confident that it would hold up long term without having to take out a second mortgage to pay the mechanic. At under 30K miles, I had to have the following done: timing chain and tensioner and front brake pads along with regular routine maintenance. When I traded the car in at 32K, the car was indicating that it needed rear brake pads in another 10K miles. So, going from a 27,000 car to a 19,500 car would be painful, right? Not at all. I have features in tis car that the Mini did not have- 7 speaker Beats Audio with satellite radio and climate control. OK I gave up the power of the turbo in the Mini for the 101hp Fiat, but I am now averaging 39 MPG on my daily 120 mile round trip commute. Highway manners/handling are excellent, and the sport seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The brakes are excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Fit and finish is excellent and the paint quality is far better than one would expect of a car in this price range. I have had no unexpected service visits, and the built in computer indicates when routing maintenance is requires. My oil change light came on around 8000 miles. While it does have rear seats, think of them as emergency seating only. With only 101hp on tap, expect to downshift from 5th to 4th for speedy passing. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat."

Great sport Italian car

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great retro car and love the color"

Cons: "no spare tire standard and arm rest hard to used"

"I so this car first on the auto show and I was waiting for the car to be for sale. I got the sport manual transmission copper with brow interior . The looks great and I get 32.7 miles per gallon on the city. fun to drive and for the price and you have many people looking at it. Before you buy the mini for 23k you need to drive this one"

Extremely fun to drive

By on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pros: "Fuel efficient, Fun to Drive, affordable price, great styling"

Cons: "Materials on the doors scratch easily"

"Have had this car for 2 months now and its been great so far. I previously owned a mini and in comparison the FIAT 500 has nothing to be jealous. Its super fun to drive, the interior feels much more spacious than you would think, and when in it you dont feel stuck to the ground as you do in the mini cooper. There is a little room for improvements on some things, the plastic used in the interior on the doors scratch easily, and the carpeting is cheap .For the price its acceptable, all you have to do is get some good floor mats and you are all set. If you like a head turning, fuel efficient, fun to drive car at an affordable price, this is the car for you."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching FIAT 500 near Honolulu. See local deals