2014 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,219 - $21,078.

10/7.0

8.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great Little Car!

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

I want this car

"I do not own this car, but I have driven it. I rented it on a trip to New York/Connecticut. I rented it in New York, drove it to Connecticut, drove it around for 3 days, then drove it BACK to New York and never had to fill it back up with gas. It handles well, isn't road noisy, gets up to speed quickly, GREAT gas mileage, and it's adorable. I would so buy this car!"

Total Package

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Excellent value/pricing, manuverability"

Cons: "More substantial hatch cover desirable"

"Comfortable drive/seating/visibility. Great fuel mileage, cockpit technology of Lounge is awesome and superb. Sound system, iPod connectivity, heated and adjustable seats, heat/ac"

Fun little runabout

By on Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pros: "Great styling, great mileage, excellent handling"

Cons: "Not the fastest car on the road, seats lack lumbar support"

"I can't count the number of heads that have swiveled to look at this car. It's all because there aren't any others on the road yet. Or maybe it's because the car is really that distinctive. The best part of this car is the mileage. I have gotten as high as 46mpg on a long trip, and I average 38-42mpg on my weekly commute. This is a substantial improvement from my old Toyota. My only complaint so far has been that the driver's seat lacks lumbar support and I've had to put a rolled-up towel down to compensate."

Will always own one

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

"Great little car-I own three convertibles but it seems like every time I go some place, I grab the keys to my Fiat. Gas mileage great, very comfortable and gets a lot of glances. Love it!"

Great unique car

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"We had seen this car in Europe for several years and wanted one. Ordered the car and picked it up at a dealer 100 miles away. I was immediately impressed at the quality,solid feeling, and stability on the freeway (even in the pouring rain). We have had no issues mechanically, the phone pairs every time, and the sound system is great. Our mileage is consistently in the mid to upper thirties."

Very sporty, eye catchy, economical, fun to drive

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Very good on gas, drives well, good confort,"

Cons: "small engine compartment, hard to work on."

"Great like car to get around in. Economical, the best mileage I got was 41 MPG on a trip to Las Vegas. This little car has never left me. Always starts always goes. As you drive the car, it does not feel like a little car. I would get another.."

Love my car, fun to drive, easy on gas

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the price, lots of fun to drive."

Cons: "Road noise could use improvement inside car."

"I drove a Tahoe, 75.00 2 times a week to fill it, that money now pays my loan. About 350 miles on a tank of gas. Easy to maintain. Fun to drive. The only issue seats are not good for long distance travel. But will work if you take breaks. Great car for travel to/from work. I feel safe when I drive the car. Sound system is pretty good. Nearly everyone who sees it wants to look at it and asks lots of questions."

Best sports car with a top.

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price/fun to drive"

Cons: "Needs Italian horn. Loud one."

"People love it. They point etc. kids love it. Biggest deficiency is the turning radius. Wide wheel required compromise here. Otherwise is it a blast."

Fiat Panda, now available in fun size!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun, comfortable ride, terrific gas mileage,"

Cons: "Pricey, moon roof tinting was too light"

"I was pleasantly surprised at the comfortable ride and the decent material quality of the Fiat 500 but was slightly shocked at the sticker price. My Sport version with Bose/Sirius satellite radio and moonroof was edging close to the $20K mark----much higher than the advertised starting price. The first week I took delivery of my car, I took it on a 1000 mile vacation. The car itself is peppy at low speed but lacks any power past 65 MPH on the mountain roads. I was getting roughly 42 miles per gallon with the A/C on at full blast. It's surprisingly roomy too. I could to pack all my camping gear and still have enough room for quick naps at rest stops. The 'sports' button actually works well to quicken throttle response but makes the steering wheel a bit too heavy on twisty roads. I'm glad I had the Bose system instead of the new 'Beats' The Bose sounds better in my opinion. The dealership is terrific too (Lakeside Fiat) I was expecting a few 'quirks' from my Cinquecento but the dealership took care of them all. The service manager even took care of issues I haven't even anticipated yet. I would recommend tinting the moonroof with a much darker material as well. Overall, I am very happy with my new Fiat 500"

Nice little car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "MPG's, fun to drive, great Bose sound, looks"

Cons: "no accesories setting on the ignition, back seat"

"After months of test driving lots of cars finally decided on a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport. The first car given to me went crazy after a couple of hours driving. I had a bad feeling but the dealer was very understanding and exchanged the car for a new one. The car looks gorgeous in Bianco Perla, people can't help looking at it. Driving is a totally different experience (my other car is a 2011 jeep wrangler). Mine came with the Bose system so music sounds great, connecting my Iphone was a breeze and the hands free works like a charm. I'm getting around 34mpg's mostly highway, compare it to the 16mpg's on the jeep, you do the math. The Fiat 500 takes a while to get used to but after that you feel like driving a very small italian sports car. Highly recommended."

Best car I have owned

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "The most fun-filled car for the money, very peppy"

Cons: "I haven't found any yet"

"I bought this beautiful Fiat 500 Pop for my birthday last year. What a wonderful little car this has been for me! It is dependable and fun to drive! Best present I have ever bought myself!"

This is a good "around town" car.

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and MPG"

Cons: "none at this time"

"Fun to drive around town, easy to park and turns good. drives and rides good on the highway at 70 MPH. have not driven on long trip yet, but 300 miles roundtrip in one day is an easy trip. Lots of fun, very little gas."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car!

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Cute, Fun, Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Cup Holders"

"There is not one bad thing to say about my Fiat 500. I've had it now for 8 months and I absolutely love everything about it. I purchased it after having a 2000 Chevy Tahoe for 11 years. So completely different. At first I was worried that it was going to be too big of a change, but right away I fell in love with my Fiat. From super great interior and exterior customization package, to the ease in parking (I live in Huntington Beach where parking is difficult at best) to the biggest and best attribute....GAS MILEAGE! This car is fun and easy to drive. I love taking it on trips. Since the seats fold down, I have plenty of room for camping gear, groceries, and even an ice chest. I would definitely buy this car again."

What a blast to drive!!!

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "Fun, good quality, handles great, good gas mpg"

Cons: "Could use 10-20 more horses but ok without."

"Have had my 2012 500 sport for 2 1/2 weeks . what a joy to drive. Looks small from the outside but plenty of room on the inside. Grandkids all love it. Got the 5 speed manual and rowing through the gears is easy and fun. Getting 36 mpg."

Nice Car for under $20,000

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive excellent acceleration"

Cons: "None so far"

"Very zippy performance car. Would not recommend if you are going to have more than one passenger. Overall great value."

Great little car for short comuting

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "Rides well, durable for a little car"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats."

"Was one of the first to get a pop 500. Has great Blu tooth technology that actually works well. All radio, phone controls at the ease of voice or on steering wheel with easy access. I am 5'10 and have to say wouldn't fit if I where much taller. The seats are probably the worst thing on the car, very uncomfortable for long rides. It could use a few more horses under the hood, but on the freeway it moves and rides like a much larger car. After 17 months I have 36,000 miles and it has been driven hard. Not one problem so far. This car is a great little find that is not like the other imports that all look alike. Fun, economic and great for short small trips or around town."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "nice mpg, very fun to drive, good value extras"

Cons: "had it a year, non yet"

"Everywhere I go, everyone wants to know more about my cute little 500C. Fun to talk about, fun to drive. It's had a couple of minor issues but once fixed it's back on the road."

Very nice car, with exceptional features.

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Value! Fits tall drivers. Solidly built quality."

Cons: "Small back seat."

"I looked at a lot of cars before I bought the 2012 Fiat 500 Pop. I tried the Kia Rio, the Hyundai Accent, the VW Beetle and Golf, the Mini Cooper, the Ford Fiesta, The Honda Civic, and the Mazda2. The Fiat 500 was better than any of those cars, at least for me. I am 6' 3" tall and seating was very important to me. The Fiat has better headroom, and more comfortable leg room than the other cars. The Fiat also sits higher than the others, and the doors are taller and wider, so that makes getting in and out much easier. Great visibility! The back seat is tiny on the Fiat 500, so it only for children and small adults, or for storage. I bought the basic Fiat 500 Pop with the only option the automatic transmission. The car comes with air conditioning, power windows/lock/keyless entry, and lots of other higher end stuff. The Fiat 500 Pop has plenty of power, and the automatic is very smooth in shifting. The handing is excellent, and turning is a joy. The car does well on interstates, and does NOT feel like a small car when driving. Fuel economy has been as good, or a bit better than the rating. My combined city highway driving is averaging about 32 mpg. The hatch opens wide, and the rear seats do fold down. They do not fold all the way flat and level with the rear, so that is not as good of a storage as say in the older 2 door Hyundai Accent (sadly, they do not make the 2 door Accent anymore). But still the Fiat 500 has more storage than you would expect. The dash is easy to use and read, and has the body color across the dash. It is a pretty car both inside and out. The most common thing people say to me is, "what a cute car." The Fiat 500 has many color options that competitors just do not offer, especially in base models. Mine is rame (copper) but there are like 14 color options. Overall the price of a Fiat 500 is a great value on a solid and well designed car."

Wonderfull and Highly Recommended

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Style, Handling, Price, MPG, Comfort"

"I have owned many classic Alfa Romeos,FIATs, and original Morris Mini's. The new 500 brings back the reason we choose to buy these cars, however now with a reliability that was once unknown. The FIAT 500 handles perfectly on the back roads of Maine where my wife and I live and settles down nicely for in town and city driving. Great gas milage (mid 30s), agile, zippy, very comfortable, and a ton of options that rival many larger and more expensive cars. FIAT has done well and I recommend everyone to take a look at one. Remember haters will always hate these cars, but that is because they know nothing about them, much less own or drive them."

Great car, fun to drive,

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, really good mileage"

Cons: "None to date"

"I had a manual Pop version of this car for about two months and haven't had any problems with it to date. The front seats are surprisingly roomy but I've only had people in the back seat for short trips, and I don't know that you'd want to try and make too long a trip in the back seats. Power wise the car has been fine for me. I haven't had any trouble keeping up with traffic or getting on/off highways, etc. Fuel efficiency has been really good, and by using the instantaneous MPG readout from the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) I've found its possible to get better MPG than the EPA ratings (I've gotten over 40mpg in combined city/highway driving on some tank fulls of gas). Its relatively small size makes the car easy to park, and its also really nimble in traffic. The car also comes in a wide range of interior and exterior color options, though there are some limits depending on specific model chosen. In general the Fiat is a fun car to drive and I'd highly recommend it."

ive owned 2 now. a 500 sport and a abarth

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pros: "price options mpg all around fun car"

Cons: "no winter tires"

"let me start by saying that ive owned 49 vehicles since i was 15,now 38. and this has been my favorite so far/my first fiat was the 500 sport which i owned for 6 months and put over 10000 miles on it with zero problems.my daily commute was 70 miles and i avg. 41mpg @70+mph. driving a lil more sensible i did see aroung 46mpg.my sport was 5 speed and had plenty of pickup,i was actually suprised from the 1.4 liter engine,very smooth,and quick.steering is quick and precise,the 5 speed has a light feel to it,shifting through the gears with very little effort.nice tight close shift pattern,although the shift knob seemed a lil cheap(plastic).the interior seemed laid out very well,i really liked the position of the shifter in relation to seating position.controls on the dash didnt look cheap.radio controls on back of steering wheel is a nice touch.door panels are kind of plain with only a small amount of leather on the armrest,but not hateful. my abarth ive had 5 months now and have 7000 miles. this car is blast to drive,very quick with great handiling.the turbo has no lag,runs 18pounds of boost,and spools very quick.the exhaust sounds amazing,quiet on the highway,but deep loud tone when you get on it..the lower stance and 17 inch wheels make this thing look great.the front bumper with vents for intercoolers and lower front lip lets you know this not your average fiat,as well as the dual exhaust and vented rear bumper with a diffuser. black leather seats with red stitching,a matching leather shift knob,and steering wheel makes the interior look a higher end sports car.ive had zero problems with this car as well although my mpg is a lil less @34 to 36,depending on how i drive it.its still respectable considering what your getting in this car. a fast sporty hatch very comparable to the mini cooper s for about 7 grand less. my only complaint is if you plan on driving this in the winter,be prepared to buy diff. wheels and tires,the tires are only three season zr rated"

A blast to drive, seems reliable so far

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, Great MPG, Low Cost"

Cons: "Some features could be better quality"

"I am frugal and wanted a fun car to drive, that was also low cost. Being a single person, I wanted a small car I could zip in and out of traffic with. I LOVE driving this car. You have to use the Sport button to really feel the power and control. I love the fact I'm getting 40+ miles per gallon. For me that means it's cheaper driving than taking the park and ride bus. Houston traffic is a nightmare, but I feel safe in this car and have been able to avoid accidents in it simply because of it's size. The interior is comfortable. There are some interesting attention to details pieces, but then there are a few things that are lacking. I wish the Bluetooth did a better job of integrating with my phone's media. I wish the armrest on the driver's side was a little more sturdy. and that the middle console a little bit closer up. But I've had this car almost a year with no problems. The only problem I see is chips in the paint. I don't know if that's from gravel/debris of highway driving, but I think it shouldn't chip like that. Other than that, the engine seems to run perfect, although it's hot to the touch. I say this is a GREAT car for the value. If you add extras, maybe not so much. It was between this and a Kia Soul. I only wish I had the soul when I move furniture. But I can get my bike in the back and pretty much a lot of stuff with the fold-down seats. I really would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive car, with great gas mileage and some good safety features."

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "A wonderful car"

Cons: "the windsheild washer reservoir is hard to get to"

"Living in Maine, most people own 4 wheel drive pickups or SUVs. However I don't like either of these choices so I went back to my roots of driving small Italian cars and bought the FIAT for my wife. The car is fantastic. It is probably the most honest and true car that has been made by any manufacturer for some time. It reminds me of the old Alfa GTVs I used to own. I admit I was a bit concerned about the ground clearance for the snow, but the FIAT is extremely agile and cuts through the snow just fine, and the handling is so top notch that it easily corrects when you do slide. Next year I will put on some snow tires, just for that extra safety net, but it probably is not really neccesary. The build quality is exceptional, it is very comfortable, the engine is happy to be spooled up, and it great to fling around on the back country roads that dominate the landscape up here. Sure critics put the car down for the small engine and power, but it is all it needs to be.There are no excuses from this car, however it doesn't need any. It more than keeps up with traffic on the interstate, and is extreemly zippy around town. It comes with lots of extras as standard. The fuel economy is very good and it looks fantastic. My only complaint for this car is that the trying to fill the windshield washer reservoir is extremely difficult as the opening is very small and offset, so pouring the fluid in is difficult. However if that is all they've done wrong so be it. The Abarth will be a welcome addition to the FIAT lineup here in the U.S. but the basic FIAT 500 is a great bargain for those not needing the extra flare and racer image the Abarth is known for. There are tons of options available to customize your car. I would almost recommend getting the base POP edition and gradually customizing the car to suit your taste with the different wheel packages, graphic options, interior mods etc.. All in all just a fantastic little car that should be on everyones radar."

Good for my needs

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun fun fun, cheap, great looking, attention"

Cons: "Small cup holders, slow, still has problems"

"Well, fiat is back after 20 something years and I have to say that their cars have improved exponentially. I bouught my 500 sport while working for my local fiat dealership for next to nothing. Being only 18 years old at the time I needed something cheap to build credit. I picked out a red sport 5-speed that we had on the lot and bought it for way less than invoice (one of the perks of working for a dealership). Overall this is a great little car with light, nimble handling and a "powerful enough" engine that can get up to 50 mpg if you really try. Unfortunately, my car was built in march of 2011 meaning that it is one of the first build cycles so the reliability is.... Questionable. Rattles, squeaks, and now the engine is being "Italian" on me so I have to take it in again. Ps. All cars built after July of 2011 have had these problems resolved so their reliability is much better."

Fantastic Value

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Quality of construction, fuel economy, reliability"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I bought my 2013 Fiat 500 Sport 5 speed to replace a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. After owning the Mini just wasn't confident that it would hold up long term without having to take out a second mortgage to pay the mechanic. At under 30K miles, I had to have the following done: timing chain and tensioner and front brake pads along with regular routine maintenance. When I traded the car in at 32K, the car was indicating that it needed rear brake pads in another 10K miles. So, going from a 27,000 car to a 19,500 car would be painful, right? Not at all. I have features in tis car that the Mini did not have- 7 speaker Beats Audio with satellite radio and climate control. OK I gave up the power of the turbo in the Mini for the 101hp Fiat, but I am now averaging 39 MPG on my daily 120 mile round trip commute. Highway manners/handling are excellent, and the sport seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The brakes are excellent, and the steering is very responsive. Fit and finish is excellent and the paint quality is far better than one would expect of a car in this price range. I have had no unexpected service visits, and the built in computer indicates when routing maintenance is requires. My oil change light came on around 8000 miles. While it does have rear seats, think of them as emergency seating only. With only 101hp on tap, expect to downshift from 5th to 4th for speedy passing. I'd buy this car again in a heartbeat."