• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2006 Dodge Viper

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2003 - 2006 models.

Absolute. Raw. Power.

By on Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Excellent driving machine like no other american made car, the corvette has nothing on it... All though not your ideal day to day driving vehicle, The Viper is a beast when its time. Avoid cold, wet, stormy conditions as with any super-car... This car is for the grip the wheel with both hands driver not the "let me talk on the phone while I run this errands" driver. The design has been slowly evolving from the first RT-10 models and is truly like nothing else, completely unique and iconic. Will ride turns hard and hit the straights even harder. I have had several vipers no problems except with the exhaust on my oldest GTS. I have other exotics as well and am a fan of the Corvette. Also I want to point out the people who leave a "review" with no text thats not a review it's a rating, and to the person that stated the new viper is not a true viper with out suicide doors... you do realize the "Viper" never had suicide doors... V10 from 1992 until the projected 2012 the viper isn't a classic but is definitely a legend."

Nice

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"beast super car for the money. Easily at the level of cars costing three times as much. Very quick. Must be a good driver as no driving aids like traction control, etc."

By on Monday, August 04, 2008

Strongly suggested

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I had a corvette Z06 before I bought my viper. I swear you cannot even compare the two. The viper is a raw beast a "real sports car". The viper does not have any stupid frills like the corvette does. It has raw power with astonishing torque. I have 60,000 miles on my viper and have never replaced a thing. Their engines are strong and so are their transmissions. When I had my corvette I was in the shop every other week. Plus corvettes are a dime a dozen. I see more corvettes than I see Honda's. The viper is extremely rare and catches everyones eye. This is by far the most incredible car I have ever seen. It competes with super cars like the SLR, and you can get one for less than 100 thousand. Now people say the corvette is the best bang for your buck , but i am sure if there is a girl on the side of the road she would much rather jump into the viper."

A real head turner

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"I have owned 3 Vipers, a 2002 RT\10, a 2004 Convertible SRT\10, and currently a 2006 coupe SRT\10, number 16 of 200. Outrageous performance and styling. Have had problems with interior paint peeling on the dash of the 06. Also the panels by the side exhaust. A real American muscle car. No frills, but just great performance and styling. I'm 6'4' tall, getting in the car is fine, though getting out, sometimes can be a little tough, and watch that exhaust!! I am looking at trading for a '09 right now. Would like to go back to a convertible model.The interior dash panels appear to be of a bit higher quality on the '09. Need to shop around some dealers are still trying to mark them up. Though the gas guzzler tax has dropped since my '02 and '04. have also owned several 'vettes. I love them, but they are just a different animal. I own a '09 vette now, would not hesitate to drive it cross country, won't even consider it in my Viper. Heat issues are still there with my '06. Also had to replace both power window motors. Though they were under warranty.I have not driven a '09 yet, I hope the shifter is a bit tighter and a has a shorter throw. From my experience 2006 and prior years the shifter can be a little sloppy. Regards."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Viper near Honolulu. See local deals