• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2001 Dodge Viper

9.3

Based on 39 Ratings for the 1992 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Long Time Viper Owner

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"I bought the 2001 Viper GTS new. I've driven it 20,000 miles and raced it a few times on a real drag strip. Everyone, young, old, rich, poor, male, female, loves this car except SOME Corvette owners (even some Corvette owners like it but might not admit it). It is a blast and makes people smile whenever you drive it. A little hard to get in and out of if you're not a teenage (I'm 52) but it's comfortable when you're inside. Though fast and quick the car is easy to drive (my 75 year old mother drove it like it was her grocery getter) and it's built well with good engineering and bullet proof, low tech components. No gimmicks just lots of cubic inches. Not a daily driver but it's a lot of fun and I've had very little trouble with it."

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I purchased my Viper from a dealer in Lynnwood and have yet to regret it. I spent a total of $91,300 on it and have maintained it since getting it. I only drive it in the summers and have driven it to Portland, Eugene, Spokane, and all over town and the greater Seattle area. I love the 8.0 Liter V10 and constantly play with the kids and their "fast" tuner cars. My best run was with a guy I know who has a Corvette, and he has yet to catch me or beat me. He has one of those Z06 C5s and he tries everytime to beat me but just can't catch my snake. I get good milage out of a car with such high horsepower and torque and such a big motor, and am impressed with the ride for a vehicle of this nature. I knew I would be sacrificing ride for performance and what not, but I don't regret it. I took it to Woodburn Dragstrip in Woodburn, Oregon once and ran a 3.9 second 0-60 and 11.9 @ 121 quarter. No idea of top speed but I would guess low to mid 190's. Great car!"

Only If Looks Could Kill!

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"This is an amazing car. The designer did a perfect job with this machine. I've owned many super cars but this one is one of my favorites."

extraordinary ownership experience

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "over the top greatness in so many ways."

Cons: "garners too much attention"

An amazing car to drive and to look at.

"What an incredible feat of amazing automotive history!"

An amazing car to drive and to look at.

GTS the Best

By on Saturday, February 05, 2011

"1. Timeless Styling. 2. Power comes on like a freight train. 3. Reliability: this car needs just fuel and oil. 4. Excellent feedback from the road. 5. Women like this car. 6. Insurance is very reasonable. 7. A true American exotic."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Viper near Honolulu. See local deals