1996 Dodge Viper

9.3

Based on 40 Ratings for the 1992 - 2002 models.

9.7/10

Funnest car I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "Wicked fast, a blast to drive, great looks"

Cons: "Wiring engineering in the doors. paint quality"

The Viper and my old Iroc

"I own the GTS ACR coupe. I have always wanted one and bought this in 2004. Funnest car I have ever owned. I've got to laugh at some of the reviews. My car gets maintenanced as required and has never broke down. I have full race track driven it 4 times, auto-crossed it 3 times. I am a member of a Viper owners club and have great fun traveling in our cars with them. The looks the cars get and thumbs up is astounding. I am on my second set of tires. If you are replacing multitudes of tires you either drive like a madman/woman or you need an alignment/shocks/maintenance. Parts are expensive but so are parts for an Audi. Or in the case of my Honda Hybrid, batteries and a $4000 replacement GPS stereo. Quality of the car is a bit lacking. Door wiring has been an issue and if you lean on the center console it will crack. Those of you with a Y imprinted in the covering of your console that is what you have done. I bought some supports for the console that go underneath and have had no problems since. Don't believe anyone who says they don't handle, they handle very well. You need to learn throttle management. Brakes are a little weak. I have had them overheat on a track day. Different fluid has seemed to end that issue. I'd get a new one if I wasn't getting ready to retire."

The Viper and my old Iroc

Long Time Viper Owner

By on Saturday, October 25, 2008

"I bought the 2001 Viper GTS new. I've driven it 20,000 miles and raced it a few times on a real drag strip. Everyone, young, old, rich, poor, male, female, loves this car except SOME Corvette owners (even some Corvette owners like it but might not admit it). It is a blast and makes people smile whenever you drive it. A little hard to get in and out of if you're not a teenage (I'm 52) but it's comfortable when you're inside. Though fast and quick the car is easy to drive (my 75 year old mother drove it like it was her grocery getter) and it's built well with good engineering and bullet proof, low tech components. No gimmicks just lots of cubic inches. Not a daily driver but it's a lot of fun and I've had very little trouble with it."

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I purchased my Viper from a dealer in Lynnwood and have yet to regret it. I spent a total of $91,300 on it and have maintained it since getting it. I only drive it in the summers and have driven it to Portland, Eugene, Spokane, and all over town and the greater Seattle area. I love the 8.0 Liter V10 and constantly play with the kids and their "fast" tuner cars. My best run was with a guy I know who has a Corvette, and he has yet to catch me or beat me. He has one of those Z06 C5s and he tries everytime to beat me but just can't catch my snake. I get good milage out of a car with such high horsepower and torque and such a big motor, and am impressed with the ride for a vehicle of this nature. I knew I would be sacrificing ride for performance and what not, but I don't regret it. I took it to Woodburn Dragstrip in Woodburn, Oregon once and ran a 3.9 second 0-60 and 11.9 @ 121 quarter. No idea of top speed but I would guess low to mid 190's. Great car!"

A fun car to own and drive

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive amazing car"

Cons: "Not an everyday driver need to be alert driving"

"This is a drivers car it can get out of control quickly you need to be alert to drive this car. The power is amazing if you like driving a fast car this is the one."

1997 Viper GTS

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Reason: Moving

Pros: "Beast of a car."

Cons: "Not many made."

"If you think you can get a Viper GTS for the KBB listed value your dreaming. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when they said you can get one for 33k in perfect condition and low miles. 1996-1999 Viper GTS's sell between 36 and 41 thousand depending on how taken car of if is. I looked for my Viper GTS for over a year and watched the prices before I found mine a only 37k with 19k miles. This is a hard to find car which only a thousand are made a year compared to 10's of thousands of other sports cars in this category. By far the Viper GTS in these years are the best looking Vipers ever made. The engine is bullet proof and can take a beating. There isn't another motor in any other car this strong or reliable. The Viper is worth every penny and the closest car this nice and exotic will cost you over 100k."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Viper near Honolulu. See local deals