2004 Dodge Stratus

7.5

Based on 929 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Owned this car 7yrs, best car I've ever owned!

By on Friday, January 15, 2016

Pros: "Horsepower, price, great cruising car, reliable"

Cons: "Interior design, repair costs, emissions repair $"

"I purchased this car simply because I got a great deal & it was the better of the 2 the dealer had picked out for me. Never owned a Dodge before & wasn't too sure about them with the rep they've gotten, too expensive to fix, break down all the time, just all around inconvenient for my situation. Broke, single mom, no vehicle at all, but 60,000 miles and 3 years old, it was a great deal. Now, it has 142,000 miles on it 7 years later & it has taken us across the country & back, through weather & mud trucks were getting stuck in, hits 125 on the speedometer easily & plus some I'm sure, with only a few breakdowns (sensors mainly)& several sets of tires. The red color seems to attract collisions as ins. co. say because it has been hit and totaled 3 times now (literally hit as in parked at the curb & backed into). This year is a unibody so most of the body damage isn't easily fixed but if you can live with the dents etc, its paid for itself twice over. I swear its made of rubber & we call it the big red piñata. The flex fuel 2.7L V6 does have issues with the catalytic converters & are still very expensive to fix..unreasonably expensive. Several Dodge mechanics have recommended not running the E85 in this car because of the carbon/exhaust issues, it apparently burns out the converters faster triggering the check engine light. It runs fine after this happens & at $4,000 to replace the converters ($1,000 just for those alone) & O2 sensors etc, 3 years ago, I've been driving it with the check engine light on & bad converters. Run Lucas fuel treatment through any Dodge vehicle, they'll last a lot longer, run better, & keep the good gas mileage. My Stratus got around 32mpg when I first got it & that's a V6! Great car to travel in with the exception of interior space. The trunk is too small with the speakers placed in the back window taking up close to a foot away from the trunk space as far as the speakers hang down into it, but its worth it in sound quality. It sounds awesome for a stock stereo in a "family" type car. The interior is where I had the most frustration with & thought they could have done a lot more with just a few tweaks, move the shifter up & back just a bit so the cup holders are accessible! I love this car even being beaten, scratched, & fading now. My oldest son is turning 16 this year &, since he has helped me work on it for years now, is inheriting it for his school car. If you get a good one, it'll last till its a rust bucket. If you get a dud, get rid of it asap. I got a good one."

Amazing car

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"I bought this car with 60k on it and it now has 195k. I have hit 2 deer and replaced the same headlight twice(deer's fault) other then that regular oil changes and 2 sets of tires, and this lil car is still runnin like a top. I am throughly amazed/impressed wiht it. Honestly this is the best car i have ever owned, unreal how lil maintence it has required. Oh one windshield wiper did break during a heavy ice storm but thats it. I cant say enough good things about this car I plan to keep it and drive it right up in to the 200k zone and see just how far i can take it im guessin ill get her to 230-240K just was so impressed i had to write a review (which I almost never do for anything unless it truely deserves it, and this does) best money i have ever invested in a automobile."

163K and still going strong

By on Monday, December 29, 2008

"I bought my 02 Stratus in 02 w/ 22K miles on it and it now has 163K. I drive it hard and have only had one problem (H2O pump, replaced last week). It has been an amazing car. I use synthetic oil, change it 1-2 times a year, and put over 23K on a year. I've changed the spark plugs once, the air filter a couple times and that's it. It's got a 2.7 liter, don't buy anything else - the rest of the engines are throw-away. The only thing I don't like is they design cars now so you can't work on them yourself and the Stratus is hard to work on. It starts very well in cold weather (-34 last week). Bottom line, it's got power, it's reliable, comfortable, and it's fun to drive."

One of my best cars

By on Monday, September 1, 2008

"Has been a very dependable car . I like the way it handles , has good getup & go for a 4 banger . Interior still is like new . I actually get 32 mpg with it on trips loaded down with a full trunk of luggage and 3 adults ."

I Love My Car

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

"This was the car I learned to drive in and I drove it in high school and college. I like the design and the way it drives and it has been very reliable. Great "starter car"."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Stratus near Honolulu. See local deals