2003 Dodge Stratus

7.5

Based on 922 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Great car

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

"I bought my 04 in 04, first new car I ever owned. Yesterday I was in an accident in it and broadsided a pickup truck that ran a stop sign. Both air bags went off. My 13 yr old son was a passenger in the front. He had no injuries, I am sore in the chest from the airbag, but otherwise fine. I loved my car. Gas mileage was great, handling was great, style was wonderful. The car never needed anything other than brake pads, a sensor for the fan on the heater and tie rod ends. It did use a little oil, so had to keep an eye on that, no leaks, just burned it I guess. After 4 years of HARD driving it was still the most dependable car I ever owned. I will miss it deeply. As for the accident, I couldn't have been more luckier and my good old Stratus protected us well. The hood and front took all the impact and the air bags and seat belts worked just as they should. I will miss it deeply. I would buy another one, but as I get older, it definitely was getting a little harder to get in and out being low to the ground and not a lot of head room for tall people. Farewell my faithful Stratus, may you rest in peace."

Worst vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Reason: awful car!

Pros: "Good acceleration and gas mileage"

Cons: "TCM--more problems than it's worth"

"When I got the stratus three years ago, I was pleased at first. It accelerated nicely and had great gas mileage. The car soon gave me a lot of problems. I would drive it on the highway on cruise control. Without warning, the engine light would illuminate, the car would be knocked out of cruise, and promptly go to 40 mph. I would try to accelerate again, and it would fight and sputter back to 60 mph, refusing to go any faster than 60 mph. I took the car to the dealership for repairs numerous times and was told it was a simple wiring issue. Two weeks later, I had the same problem. After reading the owner's manual, I found the problem was with the car itself. The car is built with a Transmission Control Module (TCM) that regulates the automatic transmission to 2nd gear if it "senses" an issue with the car. The TCM caused more problems than it was created to fix. At the time I traded in the car, it NEVER operated outside of the TCM's regulated "reset mode." Bottom line, I would have much rather replaced the car's transmission than to have had to deal with the TCM. It is an AWFUL car.....please don't buy this car!"

Best car I've ever owned

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Beautifully styled car, smooth and comfortable!"

Cons: "None."

"This car is the more reliable car I've had. It's never given my any problems, and I've only had minor repairs done on it. This car can move all day long, I've taken it on many long days and it just keeps truckin' along! I LOVE THIS CAR!!"

funnest, quietest comfortable car i have owned

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, its got the power and accelaration."

Cons: "heavy for the design"

"The Stratus ES: is a quiet car when driven, with less wind noise than my zj, s10 tahoe that i had owned, smooth on goin over bumps compared too the 2 vehicles i have owned. The stereo sound excellent easy to use features."

Decent car but way too low to the ground

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I have had some problems with the "brain" where it kicks on an error and there isn't any problem. When you slow down quickly from a much faster speed, the car vibrates almost like the wheels need balanced which makes the steering wheel shake bad. Gas milage is only about 270 miles per tank which is about 20 - 21 miles to the gallon. My trunk leaked to the point that it rusted my jack completely to where it doesn't work. Like the title states, the car is so low to the ground that I, at 5' 11" have to practically drop my body into the seat. Both of my midle 2 vents on the dash are broken to where I can't adjust the vents up and have them hold that position. They just fall back down."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Stratus near Honolulu. See local deals