1994 Dodge Spirit

7.9

Based on 49 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

7.4/10

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"i bought this car in June of '06 for $500 and it had 154k miles on it. Haven't had any major problems with it. The paint is peeling off the roof, and trunk. Other than regular oil changes and tires, ive put probably around $150 into it. It has 174k miles on it now and its still running strong."

The car runs teriffic. Best car I've had

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Have had great experience with this car."

Cons: "1992 car. Just an older car."

"Drivers side door does need replaced as it was hit by a tree and window broken out. Other than that it is in pretty good condition. New brake pads and lines put in. New rotors on 2 wheels. Touch up on paint job needed."

OK car, but not recommended

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I've had my Dodge Spirit for about eighteen years now. I still have it because I really dislike the ugly jelly bean and crab forward cars that have been built since. I like the square, but aerodynamic shape. It has a pretty good amount of room inside. It has very good leg room in the back. The car has plenty of pep with the 2.5L turbo and decient gas mileage can be milked out of it. Unfortunately my car has been plagued with mechnical problems since I bought it. It was less than a year old but the previous owner racked up over 30k miles on it and had repairs done incorrectly instead of under warrantee. The worst problems it have had with it are: The cooling system leaked at the freeze plugs and the head gasket and the radiator was short lived. The timing belt broke at 44k miles causing an expensive repair. The windsheild's gasket leaked. The trunk always mysteriously accumulated water without a leak ever being found. And the turbo failed at about 70k miles sending junk into the engine destroying it too. When I had the engine replaced, I found that it was difficult to find a quality rebuilt engine to install in this vehicle. Overall I would have to say that this is a cheap car. It didn't cost too much to buy. It is very inexpensive to insure. In general it cost less to maintain and repair than some better cars. I held on to this car too long because I was waiting for the body to rot first, but it is very well galvanized. Other cars that I might have bought at the time would have rotted out a long time ago."

Old car/low miles!! when I bought

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "LOW MILES when bought!! had it for at least 5 year"

Cons: "needs differnt motor now, air not work, needs tire"

"This car had very low miles when I bought it!! I have had it for maybe 5 plus years. When I first got it I had the gas pedal as far down as I could push it going up a hill and it was not going really fast. Much more recently I've maybe had the pedal down as far as it would go again. Currently, ~ my car's air is not working, ~the hood of the car looks pretty poor-the paint is off in places & some big places- but not rusty on the hood, the gray primer or undercoat or whatever it is, is still on, there is rust other places (like at the bottom) on the car but not super noticeable. My car-other than the hood:( - looks pretty nice on the outside. ~A big problem is my car is burning oil and blowing smoke :( -it needs a different motor. ~When you open the driver's door (maybe the passenger(s) door(s) also) there is a big rust spot - maybe it needs sealed better around the doors. ~The trunk might could be sealed a little better. ~Due to fumes-maybe wouldn't have been if engine was changed- I've paid for two mufflers and the last time he extended the exhaust system out a little to try to keep fumes out of car when heat is running. ~Roof fabric inside car is now pinned up becasue it was drooping. I'm looking for a used car now but I HAVE had this one for at least FIVE years and it is low insurance!"

Super comfortable with smooth ride

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Smooth Ride"

Cons: "Low fuel milege for a 4 cylinder."

1990 Dodge Spirit 2.5 Base

"This is a great car for people who like to work on their own vehicles. Everything is extremely easy to fix or replace. Even better is that rarely anything ever goes wrong even though my car has had a rough life before I got it. Fuel mileage is acceptable with a maximum of 29 mpg, but the ride quality and handling make up for it. With a few tweaks I have been able to exceed the factory power rating by advancing the timing and using 93 octane fuel to increase fuel mileage by 5 mpg."

1990 Dodge Spirit 2.5 Base

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Spirit near Honolulu. See local deals