• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab

Based on 2090 Ratings for the 2002 - 2009 models.

Fun, Excellent Truck, few (expensive) problems

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Power, Space, Comfortable, Durable, Lights"

Cons: "Transmission, Fuel Mileage, Trying to Park"

Working truck on the job site.

"I bought this truck used with 33,000 miles already on it. The previous owner took excellent care of it and it was in perfect working order when I bought it. I love this truck. It is a challenge to drive because of its length and it is best if you back into every parking spot. I drive heavy equipment for a living so this is no big deal for me. Long trips are excellent in this truck with the added leg room in the back and big bed for storage. It is considered a "heavy half" and can tow more than the average half ton truck. Pros: Truck has excellent turning radius. Comfortable interior. Plenty of leg room in front and back. Back seats recline and have crazy storage space. Fun to drive. Sports car steering. (on hand or one finger to turn) Can tow lots of weight and with ease. Few blind spots. Lots of power. Durable suspension. Big fuel tank. Cold A/C and Hot Heat. Good sound system. Can see great at night. Easy to keep clean. Lots of cup holders. Strong battery. Cons: My transmission went out at 55000 miles. Chased Fuel Evap leak for months. Chased A/C leak for months. Takes forever to cool down interior due to cubic air space. Tires are expensive. Medium Fuel mileage (average about 15mpg). Not meant for parking garages."

Working truck on the job site.

05 Ram- Exceptional Truck!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort"

Cons: "Rough ride, gas mileage (as with any pickup)"

"I had this truck for 2.5 years and I have put on over 30k. I did all maintenance myself and it didn't need much. Replaced a ball joint at 90k, but that's the only real repair I've done. Mine has the 5.7L Hemi and it's more power than you will likely need from a 1/2 ton pickup. The throttle is a little slow to respond from dead stop, but the addition of a programmer really wakes these trucks up and turns them into an even more white-knuckle ride if you have a lead foot. The ride in them is a little rough and living in small towns with very rough roads, it is noticeable, keep good shocks under it and it helps a lot. The A pillar is somewhat hard to see around at times, there's a little bit of a blind spot, but that's the same with any vehicle I've been in from recent years. Overall opinion, love it and would buy again given the opportunity!"

over 4 yrs and still love it.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "great style, performance"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, small back seat"

so nice

"bought this vehilce as a retirment gift to myself to pull my boat. I still love driving it becuase of the power and the quiet smooth ride. i have had NO problems with the truck since i bought it 4 yrs ago (knock on wood) We drive the truck everywhere we go and my wife loves riding in it. I recomend this truck to anyone who is interested in a powerfull well built vehicle."

so nice

I have put over 110000 miles love it

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Only a raditor and water pump seal (cahnged the water pump while in there) and AC fan. reg oil cahnge works well"

Never had a single problem with this truck.

By on Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Pros: "Lots of power and very very dependable"

Cons: "rear susps nds upgrades for hauling/towing heavier"

"One suggestion is upgrading the rear suspension with adjustable air bags if you plan on using this truck to haul or tow. It bottomed out on the bump stops when I rented a brand name trailer with my tool chests in the bed of the truck and the car on the trailer. This was in part the rental trailer puts most of the weight on the tongue of the trailer and not ballanced over the axles. But, after air bags she towed like a dream and rode off the stops. The hemi is an awsome engine and with the MDS runs better mpg than the 4.7. Also with the front lower than the rear, as is the situation on just about any stock truck anymore for fuel mileage, a leveling kit is highly recommended if you plan on putting a snow plow on the truck as the plow frame had minimal ground clearance. This does not effect the ride quality in the least. This truck is very easy to work on in every aspect. The thought that went into the design and production of the engine compartment and accessibility of the major components is to be commended. The only work done on this truck was routine tires, oil, filters and performance upgrades. Lifetime powertrain warranty will keep this truck in my inventory for a long time. All of the mods I've done were due to the fact I couldn't afford a 2500."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals