• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab

8.3

Based on 1128 Ratings for the 1994 - 2008 models.

worst vehicle i've ever owned

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "in constant need of repair"

"I purchased this truck brand new, within the first year I had to replace the transmission. I had intended to tow with the truck but when I hooked my trailer up to it it was a complete dog! after less than 2 years owning the truck it started to rust on the doors rocker panels and cab corners. the dash cracked as well. the cummins engine is the worst engine that I have ever had in a vehicle and will never buy one again. these trucks as well as their engines are extremely overrated. don't waste your money on a truck like this."

Strong,tough, reliable, Best ever!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "no payments for years. Good value"

Cons: "no back doors, cup holder in wrong place."

My baby

"I special ordered this Ram Cummins Diesel 4x4 in 1994. Got it in 1995. Love this truck. It pulled a horse trailer, delivery trailer,and a fifth wheel for over 250,000 miles and it keeps on going. I have taken it all over the country. Best truck I have ever owned. Even my mechanic has told me if I ever decide to sell it to give him first crack at it. I have had it painted pearl, added fender flares,continental grill,tonneau cover,hood scoop,and tinted the windows.I love,love,love my truck. Don't want a new one. My engine is strong and my truck is a kick to drive. I got my truck when I was 47 and now i'm 66. I have so much fun watching people scope me out as I drive by. I will have this truck until I die and then my nephew will get to enjoy it since he is the one that helped me PIMP MY RIDE!"

My baby

Has had some repairs, but less than anticipated

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, indestructable"

Cons: "Poor MPG, cramped back seat, difficult to maneuver"

"This car, as old as it is, starts every time with minimal hesitation even in the coldest Chicago weather. We've fully replaced the transmission, muffler system and and have repaired the suspension system. This car is obnoxious with its squeaking as its ball bearings are shot, it's extremely embarrassing to drive with the noise level and the amount of exterior damage, but it has been a good car, very reliable and we have always felt safe driving it; it could probably come away from a serious accident with minor damage. My daughter learned to drive on this truck and it has served her well for the 5 years she has had it. We bought it used in 2005 and even at nearly 200,000 miles, it seems very strong and sturdy. This car is like the trusty old family dog that may not be as spry as she once was, but still tries like heck every day to do her job. It will hurt to sell this old lady when the time comes, but we are shocked it has lasted so long with only minor repairs (for the most part) I'm sure if bought new and properly cared for, this pick-up is a wonderful truck for those out there craving a masculine, powerful, sturdy vehicle."

clean and reliable, like new interier.

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Good farm truck"

Cons: "stiff ride."

"Truck is a 1992 but there was no option for this year. Paint is very good, upholstery is like new. Fender flares. This is a 8x10 flate bed (wood) with goose neck ball and heavy duty bumper hitch.Tires 75%."

This is the best truck I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"I have owned this truck for many years. It have never let me down. It has never had any major work, and has never been used as a work or hauling truck. It has many years of life to it yet. Who ever buy this truck will still have a winner."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals