2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab

Based on 2145 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

05 Ram- Exceptional Truck!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort"

Cons: "Rough ride, gas mileage (as with any pickup)"

"I had this truck for 2.5 years and I have put on over 30k. I did all maintenance myself and it didn't need much. Replaced a ball joint at 90k, but that's the only real repair I've done. Mine has the 5.7L Hemi and it's more power than you will likely need from a 1/2 ton pickup. The throttle is a little slow to respond from dead stop, but the addition of a programmer really wakes these trucks up and turns them into an even more white-knuckle ride if you have a lead foot. The ride in them is a little rough and living in small towns with very rough roads, it is noticeable, keep good shocks under it and it helps a lot. The A pillar is somewhat hard to see around at times, there's a little bit of a blind spot, but that's the same with any vehicle I've been in from recent years. Overall opinion, love it and would buy again given the opportunity!"

Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Trouble free and dependable"

Cons: "Turn radias rather large"

"I bought this truck 4 years ago and have only replaced the tires and brakes. No problems whats so ever. I own a Cadillac and it's a piece of junk. I'm constantly pouring money into it."

Last year it turned into a money pit!

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

"In the last 14 months...Two front wheel bearings, right axle and Cv joint and boot, brake lines rusted through, rear end went out and The AC Compressor went out was told the transfer case was going bad. I was told the Dodge Ram was known for a bad design on the prev. problems."

Worst Truck Money Can Buy

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Cons: "Terrible gas mileage, major design flaws"

"Bought this truck thinking I was not going to have to do much repair wise to it. I only put on a couple thousand miles a year. My truck has only 44,000 miles and I have already had to replace the u-joint, wheel bearings, and brakes and rotors. On top of that I took it in before the warranty was up because in the in the truck bed over the wheel wells was starting to rust bad. They said I had to have a hole through the truck to get it replaced and needless to say as soon as the warranty was up the rocker panel had a massive hole. Dodge would not fix it now and I had to pay thousands to get one side fixed. Now the other side is completely rusting out on the box, cab corner, and rocker. This truck is pretty much a money pit! Only 44,000 miles and it is falling apart. Last dodge I will EVER own! Bad part is that dodge knows about the design flaws and won't do anything about it. They put foam in the panels to help with noise and it holds water and basically rusts your truck from the inside out!"

NEVER AGAIN!!

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"I bought my 2004 dodge ram hemi truck in jan 2010 with 23,000 miles. I have had nothing but MAJOR problems with it..and i have no warrenty. My first problem was my rear differential was leaking..a 400 dollar job at dealership. Then it was my rear end..i spent 3100..yes 3100..dollars to fix it. My rear end was about to sieze. Then i failed inspection for bad ball joints, tie rods and wheel bearing. THEN i had to replace all 4 20 inche tires, and new breaks. I only have 35,000 miles on my truck right now. I hate my truck. I dont abuse her and always keep up with the maintence but she still fails me! I will NEVER EVER but a dodge truck again..i have already put in 6000 dollars to keep her going in the last year alone!! Truck buyers BEWARE!!!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals