2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

9.3

Based on 337 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

love the truck and rambox

By on Thursday, November 6, 2014

"love this truck"

Great Truck for Snow, Tow, Or Go!

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Great truck,great hauler, comfortable ride:"

Cons: "Mpg, parking spaces,"

"Bought truck new,it has been a real good truck, mpg could be better, but I have that lead foot Diease. The is very capable of hauling 8' sheets with the tail up or down. This truck has a 3:92 rear so it can haul with max tow in area of 8200 lbs. I have been long distance with it (1,500+) on more than a few times and I found it to be a very comfortable ride, as long as you realize you are in a big truck. My previous vehicle was an Audi, now it doesn't ride anywhere close to the Audi, but in the trips I took I was able able to get out and walk around without my back killing me. Okay I know you want to how fast and gas milage. Here it goes. Best mpg on a trip I ever got was 21.9 mpg,it was spring time so no AC was running, I was moving 85+ most of the way so that's not bad. Now the bad city mpg. In winter it is worse, as I always warm my vehicle up for 2-3 minutes, so winter gets 13.9 to maybe 14.5. Spring and summer, even with the AC you can add 2 - 3.5 more miles per gallon. How fast well there are not many 6 cylinder cars and a few 8 cylinders stock that can't catch it off the line, that big rear will burn some gas but you can haul just about any trailer trailer etc without any problems."

Excellent Truck

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Great ride quality, gas mileage and styling"

Cons: "none yet"

"I have owned this truck for almost a year now. I traded my 1999 Tahoe in on it. I bought it with 36,000 miles and I now have 55,000 miles. It is the smoothest riding pickup of any I have rode in; better than my Tahoe, and I tried the F-150 and Silverado before I bought it. It has the 4.7, which I thought might be under powered, but it is not. It has more power than my Tahoes 5.7 did. I have towed a 6x12 trailer loaded with washer, dryer, fridge, stove, couches, chairs and other household items while the bed was full of a complete king size bed all the way from Wisconsin to south Carolina and had no troubles even through the mountains. It is much better on gas than the window sticker claims. On gas it gets 16 city 21 highway on E-85 it gets 13/18. We had plenty of snow and ice this winter and nothing stopped it. I hope it lasts because I have sure enjoyed it, and if it has longevity along with this initial quality I will have been turned from a chevy driver to a dodge."

Great workhorse

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "great bang for the buck"

Cons: "poor stock headlight bulbs."

"I love this truck, and although I'm soon to be trading it in for a 2500, as I planned before I purchased this 1500 to build credit, it had plenty of power to do everything I asked of it, and then some. Towing much more than it ever should have with ease over long distance, over hills, and around tight spaces. The power out of the little 4.7 liter v8 was much more than I thaught it would be, as was the fuel economy. The truck is very comfortable, stylish, and durable. Easy to clean if you want to, and downright sexy when all dirtied up! I wasen't a huge fan of the tires at first, but now into it's second winter, I'm pleasently surprised that they didn't degrade in performance like many tires do. once driving it for less than a week, you pick up on it's abilities, and it becomes quite predictable. it's easy to get cocky with it though shortly after, but it hasen't gotten out of control. After trying out both fords and chevys over many years working at a dealership, and trying out both again before settling on dodge, I hands down think this is a greater truck, and recommend it to anyone. definatally the best truck I've owned."

MAJOR IMPROVEMENT

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"After nearly a year and 17000 miloes I'll recommend this to any friend This has got to be Dodge's biggest improvement in years although most of the amenities look like Diamler Extemely Comfortable Seats, The Auto A/c works flawlessly even in Phoenix in July. This 390 hp Hemi really does the job and I have constantly averaged 15 plus around town if your foot gets a little heavy it will be less Trip to AZ running 75 to 80 mph gave a constant 18 to 21 mpg depending on wind and hills."

Best full size out there

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"Had my 09 Ram SLT Crew Cab for a few weeks now and just returned from a 1500 mile trip. This is a great truck. Been driving imports for years and decided to take a chance with another Mopar product. Had very bad experiences in the past with them, but Dodge has really stepped up to the plate with the 09 Ram. Interior quality, layout, and overall look and feel is excellent, along with ride quality is what sold me on it. Other than the homelink message about it not being trained and tire pressure monitor going off a couple of times during our vacation (which we later found out it was likely due to over inflated tire). No major issues to report. It's a full size truck so I won't go into detail on mpg, but we're averaging 14 city and about 17 interstate. If I were in the market for a full size truck again, I'd pick up another one with a 2nd thought."

Terrific truck, even better on long distance

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Perfect long distance vehicle, comfortable"

"I have owned this truck since August of 2010 and it has been everything I could ask for and more. Perfect truck for those long road trips and the perfect truck for carrying all the loads of dirt, wood, doors, mulch, sod, you name it. Haven't had any mechanical issues, knock on wood, and have only brought it into the shop for manufacture recalls and oil changes. I have even driven this truck, fully loaded with a traitor fully loaded with a full tank of gas from VA to MA and made the entire trip without once stopping for gas!"

Best Yet

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "very comfortable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "haven't found any"

"I have driven Chrysler corp vehicles since getting my drivers license. This is the best ever. I've never been unhappy with one, but the advancements in this truck have made the best on the road. I traded a 2007 for the the 2010 and couldn't believe the difference. Better ride, handling, more room. Only change I would make is more options."

Great Truck!

By on Thursday, August 8, 2013

Reason: Traded for 2011 Ram

Pros: "Fuel Mileage, Ride, Styling"

"I traded this truck for a '11 Hemi. I just need more towing power. The 4.7 got excellent fuel mileage. I got 22 mpg at one point. Typical was 20 mpg. Great ride, comfort and very quiet on the highway! My wife and I would often travel in it over her Infiniti! Dodge and now Ram have the market cornered on styling. In my opinion, the best looking truck on the road! This is a very dependable truck and a great value."

Terrific Truck, great interior space

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "great traction in 4X4 mode"

Cons: "Standard tires are not the best. Need Michelins."

"The Crew Cab design is fantastic. It leaves plenty of room in the rear seat area for my two dogs plus gear. Plenty of room in front area for myself, wife and son."

Awesome

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

"This truck runs Great!!!! Never had a problem! Tows any trailer I have."

depenable

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "see my review"

Cons: "see my review"

"dodge ram in comparence with all other trucks in its class has the best performance. smooth ride, there is a few things that could of been look at before marketing one being the slotshing of the gas tank when its more than a half full, the vibration ,the rattle noise under the dash, and that annoying hemi tic. over all great truck for the money."

2010 Ram 2500 Lone Star Edition 4 X 4

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Power, looks, comfort, towing ability, reliability"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, expensive to maintain, u-joints"

"In the 3 years and 67,000 miles I've owned this truck, it's towed a 30' camper, plowed a 1/4 mile driveway in Northern WI for two winters, and has served as my daily driver. I've only had one CEL which was for a vacuum leak which was fixed under warranty. Currently, I have a front axle U-joint going out and have to do the expensive EGR service soon. This truck has served me well and has never let me down. My only gripe is I wish the fuel mileage was a bit better...15 mpg in winter and 17 mpg in summer gets expensive at today's high diesel prices. Regarding the interior, the seats and controls have held up great with 2 kids and 2 dogs. A very reliable truck, it does everything I ask it to do (and I ask a lot) and it delivers every time. I'm confident that I will get at least 250K out of this truck. At that point, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!"

best we have owned

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "great price great to drive easy to handle."

Cons: "no keyless entry for this particular truck"

"this truck is rugged and dependable. we use it as a cargo truck and as a family vehicle. lots of room for everyone including our border collie. never had a problem with it we travel on gravel roads as well as paved roads. handles great on all road conditions. this is my wife's truck. we dont have to worry about locking the keys in the truck because as long as the key is in the ignition the doors will not lock. this is great for us."

By far one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "All around great truck, multi purpose, looks good."

Cons: "city mpg, but it is a truck afterall."

"Bought a 2010 TRX (Hemi)new and have to say this truck is outstanding. The ride is very comfortable, long trips are a breeze. Design is great, interior roomy and functional. Still looks like the day I drove it off showroom, has 85K on it now, routine maintenance is all it's needed, the Hemi is exceptional, all the power you could want; hwy 20mpg, city 15, but fuel econ is not why I bought it. if you need a full size p/u this is the one for you. i highly recommend it and no I do not work for MOPAR. Hope this helps someone out down the road."

Really Nice truck

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pros: "great ride. great looks, great features inside&out"

Cons: "gas milage"

"I have the 2009 Laramie crew cab. It's a very nice machine. It rides like a sedan, yet the 390HP Hemi really takes you down the road. I get a lot of complimets on this truck. Had a few recalls and whatnot, but thats to be expected on a new model design. Mine has all the options except back up camera. It does not leave you wanting more. The interior styling is beautiful and not plasticky like Ford, Toyota and GM. The gas mileage could be better, but for a truck this size 16 around town is not bad. I test drove every crew cab when it was time to buy and this truck rode the best, looked the best, and the pricing was in line with the competition. Glad I bought it, will be more glad in 10 months when it's paid off. ;)"

BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWNED!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

"THIS IS MY SECOND DODGE TRUCK. I LOVE IT! IT IS PERFECT FOR ME. IT HAS PLENTY OF ROOM AND THE PERFORMANCE IS WONDERFUL. THE NEW HEMI GETS GOOD GAS MILEAGE AND HAS PLENTY OF POWER. I DRIVE IT TO WORK DAILY."

Looking for new GM

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, Ride"

Cons: "Clutch/drivetrain can't handle power, Paint"

"I have been a GM guy for 25 years and was looking to replace our older GMC 3500 with new. Bought the Ram against my better judgement, but it was several thousand $ less than a comparable GM product. Now I know why, It has had more warranty issues and recalls than any GM product I have ever owned. I will not make this mistake again."

Wouldnt own anything else

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "space and comfort"

Cons: "coil springs on the rear instead of leaf springs"

"I love my truck the space it has the comfort the stability while towing and the ride comfort having a 99 dakota then going to a full size that has better power and towing that gets way better gas milage is everything you want in a fullsize truck."

This is not the Dodge I grew up knowing

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Looks good, drives great. Good fuel mileage"

Cons: "Very minor vibration when running on 4 Cylinders"

"Love this truck. I traded a Chevy 4X4 in on this truck. My Dodge is 2 wd, but it sits higher than the Chevy, you can see good. It is stable on the road. It corners good, and is stops good, the brakes are firm. It looks great, rides good, is quiet, get good fuel mileage for a truck with 390 horse power. I get 15 mpg in town and 21 mpg on the road. I drive average not fast but I don't poke along nether. I have had Fords, Chevy's, and now a Dodge. My next one will be a Dodge!"

Awesome Truck

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"2010-1500 Sport Crew Hemi 4x4 -Just an absolutely great truck. Rides and handles better that vehicles half its size. I'm afraid to loan it to my wife again -I'm afraid that I won't get it back. Quiet on the highway, and turns tight enough to survive the parking garage or the grocery store. Great power and good mileage 16.5 in Michigan winter and mixed driving- already pushing 19-20 with some warmer weather after break-in. I had it cleaned up last weekend and pulled through the hotel valet area. Bright red with chrome 20's gets a lot of looks and comments. Other than some frozen mud inside those 20's it did everything 3 grown men and a dog could ask for on a 4k mi bird hunting trip as well. Did i mention how good 390hp and the sport dual exhaust sounds- the I-75 on ramp is my favorite part of driving to work."

great truck

By on Monday, March 14, 2011

"I bought my 09 brand new and Love it it is the best truck for the money I like chevys to but they r to over pricede I paid 29000 for my crew cab and for that price chevy I could only get a quad cab the Hemi power is great it is fast for a 4wheel drive truck I recomend it for anyone I know Dodge had some bad years but there problems have been corected over the years and you cant beat a life time warrenty"

Dodge 2003/ a nightmare

By on Saturday, December 4, 2010

"I purchased a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 duel and it has been A nightmare getting parts and making the repairs on the truck.the first year we had too purchased a Bosch pump and the truck was down for 7 weeks and had to have the park shipped from Germany because the dealers stated that there were none available only for production purposes, so we had to have it shipped from Germany, cost $2,800.. This was just the beginning,many break downs and parts and was not covered under warrenty. I would not buy another Dodge AGAIN. Now we are replacing the HVAC and the doors and the dealer says they have replaced many of these parts ,but not covered because its not a safety issue,but you do have a problem with this and have ordered many. This is a ma"

2010 dodge ram mega cab

By on Saturday, November 6, 2010

"I own a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 mega-cab 4x4 gas.. the lighting on these trucks are poor and dangerous!!! Tiney noise coming throught the exhaust due to factory trying to protect the head gaskets.. sounds like weird.tried changing the exhaust to see if it would go away and it doesnt! Un satisfied as they dont want to change the headlamps to another style any reccomandations????"

Leave the Competition begging for help

By on Sunday, August 1, 2010

"This was far and away the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. Forget the sports cars, forget the trucks for hauling and most of all, forget the Cadillac or Lincoln for luxury. This truck has it all. I had the 2009 Crew Sport with 5.7L Hemi with DVD, Center Console, etc. Truck rides extremely quiet, very plush, and towed our 33' 8500lb travel trailer with ease - especially with the built in sway control. I recently traded down to an '07 Ram QC and kick myself daily - it was not worth the monetary savings to get rid of it. For the extra $20,000 I had no idea how much I would miss it until it was gone and my back was aching in the older truck. Do not bother with Ford, Chevy, Toyota or Nissan. I drove every one of them and after months of driving and researching, here's the cliff notes; This truck will out tow them, out class them and most of all, provide the most spacious, quiet and useful interior you will ever experience in a truck, family or not. This truck gets 10 out of 10 with our entire family, including my wife who loved the adjustable pedals for her height and the quiet cabin. I am a long time audiophile and the 506 watt Alpine system with subs works wonderfully with the touchscreen 430 media center. I never desired to upgrade my stereo system at all. Bottom line is that there is nothing that rides or performs like an '09++ Ram - absolutely NOTHING! You will not regret buying this truck. I guarantee it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals