• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

9.3

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2009 - 2010 models.

BEST TRUCK

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "DRIVES GOOD----LOT OF POWER"

Cons: "NONE"

BLACK BEAUTY

"BEST TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED"

BLACK BEAUTY

Love my truck

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

"I know that I have read pleanty of articles and hear many comments on why owning a ram is not a good thing. I would like to put in my two cents on this topic. I love my ram. We bought it brand new and almost immediatly took it across the country from North Carolina to Washington State. While moving we towed a huge trailer with no issues at all. It got a decent 18 to 19 MPG with a towed trailer going 65 on average the whole way. As far as fuel economy with out a trailer it gets about 25 MPG which is fantastic. The ride qualtiy is nice and comfortable with no issues here. The driver seat has electronic adjustable lumbar support and seat adjustments. It makes it easy to adjust if need be on the drive. Drive ability is easy as can be. The turn radius is nice and tight compared to the Chevy I owned prior to the Ram and it is easy to back up as well. The visiability while driving is great and to take care of any blind spots we installed a small spotter mirror on the trucks stock mirrors. One huge issue with thte truck however is its depritiation value after we bought the truck and rolled it off the lot much of its value was gone. We honestly will probably keep ours for as long as we can. I just hate knowing that we will not really ever get what we want in trade. They resale for much higher then the trade in is worth. At the end of everything what I really want to get across is that The truck I own is a great truck. It pulls its weight plus some and has not ever let us down."

Terrific truck, even better on long distance

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Perfect long distance vehicle, comfortable"

"I have owned this truck since August of 2010 and it has been everything I could ask for and more. Perfect truck for those long road trips and the perfect truck for carrying all the loads of dirt, wood, doors, mulch, sod, you name it. Haven't had any mechanical issues, knock on wood, and have only brought it into the shop for manufacture recalls and oil changes. I have even driven this truck, fully loaded with a traitor fully loaded with a full tank of gas from VA to MA and made the entire trip without once stopping for gas!"

Best truck i ever owed

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Get the warranty!"

"Had a few problems with this truck. I love the warranty! I would recommend this truck to anyone, but i definitely would purchase the extended warranty. Although the vehicle performs great, it seems that they don't have all the bugs worked out in the electrical system. Thank goodness for the warranty. The truck has plenty of power, rides like a Cadillac and is very comfortable. Love my wife's truck! HA HA!"

best truck I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"I have owned this truck for 3 years and there is not a ford or chevy I would trade it for.The styling and interior blow away the other brands.Drives like a car with a giant trunk.So much storage in side. 5.7 hauls. I love it"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals