2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 2156 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

overall, the best truck I've ever owned

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "stupendous power and agreeable economy"

Cons: "silly transmission shift points"

"in the last two years of ownership I've put almost 34,000 miles on my beautiful truck. I paid over book value when I bought it, being in such good condition, and I'd do it again for this truck in a heartbeat. It has been the single most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, the only thing outside of normal maintenance I've had to do was replace an EGR valve. otherwise this truck has been amazing. there's nowhere it wont go, and nothing I can't tow with it. I've always had a tendency towards dodge, and this truck personifies and justifies all my prejudice. it really is just the best truck. my only complaint with it ever has been the transmission. it doesn't know how to drive in tow/haul mode, and when you have a load behind it on a hill, it will wait til the last second to downshift, and usually ends up dropping two or three gears and roaring up the hill. this truck would be absolutely perfect if I had the sport shifter automatic like the new trucks, where I could just bump it down one gear at the bottom of the hill and pull up it nice and easy. gas mileage is great for a full size truck too. I have the 5.7L HEMI 4x4 and I still get 20+ on the highway with no load"

i love this truck

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "every option imaginable-fun to drive"

Cons: "some interior parts are plastic"

"everybody loves my truck"

Reliable truck for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price. Reliable. Very spacious!"

Cons: "Dash cracks after 10 years. Wheel bearings @ 170k"

"I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew-Cab. Purchased at 70k miles and have had only one issue since it turned 191k miles. Wheel bearings needed replaced (70 bucks on ebay). 4WD works great with a decent weight proportion to go mudding and maintain traction in adverse conditions. It was the only truck on my block that could make it out of the snow last winter; so I gave all the kids in my neighborhood rides to school. Interior is decent with dodges 2002+ re-design. Great upgrades to the dash and space within the cab. I put 3 car seats in the back and dont get kicked anymore! Driving Dynamics: smooth over bumps and rough terrain. Mudding is cake. Standard highway driving is excellent. Power steering, power windows, power doors, power seats (dual), cant go wrong. No mechanical issues in almost 200k miles. Great truck."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic cab room. Great towing"

Cons: "Lack of rear cupholders."

"Great truck. My ONLY complaint is the lack of drink holders in the back seat when the center rear seat is occupied."

Big Truck for a Big Man

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, plenty of room for big/tall indiv.,"

Cons: "fuel milage"

"I am 6`8`` and have 2 daughters that ride in the back. I can put my seat all the way back and be comfortable because of the rear room in the mega cab. I love the fact that they can`t kick my seat. Doesn`t get any better than that to me. Truck rides very smooth for a big heavy truck and of course the Hemi is Awesome!"

The Cummins is Great..

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"The Cummins is Great engine The dodge is an overall good truck. Been reliable but it had many repairs under warranty. Get the extended Warranty and shop for the warranty on-line from all the Dodge dealers."

Darn good Truck

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, great power, soild vehicle"

Cons: "flemsy dash, faulty front bearings, poor mileage"

"I bought mine new and it was the first year the Hemi was offered. Unfortunately, gas prices skyrocketed two months after my purchase and this truck was designed for cheap gas. It has great acceleration and more than a few times, I've popped the neck of my passengers. I kept up with regular maintenance for the most part and it has always been very reliable. It still starts immediately with one key turn after 260k miles (mostly highway.) I have had problems with the dash cracking up and a few small issues with the interior but with the miles, I would expect that. However, the dash did start to deteriorate a bit sooner than what should be expected (around 60k miles) Small pain is the front bearings needed to be changed out at every 100k and they are sealed; so you can't maintain them by greasing them up. Overall, it's a great truck but it is expensive to drive today. If you live near work or don't have a lot of driving to do I'd recommend it. If you have a long commute like me, better consider one without the Hemi."

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Love this truck. Bought brand new. I'll probably go to my grave with this truck. Best vehicle I have ever owned."

dependable and a pleasure to own and drive

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Room for everybody and everything. Dependable"

Cons: "Can pass everything but a gas pump (13-16mpg)"

"i enjoy driving my Dodge as much today as when i drove it off the lot brand new. It's well appointed, easy to drive, plenty of power, and squeak/rattle free even with the odometer over 100K. Has held up extremely well. It has been from California, to Florida, to New Hampshire and it is always up to the task at hand. Gallops down the interstate all day long with ease. Was planning to give it to my son in a couple years, but maybe I'll find him something else!"

Bought this truck to tow. Does a wonderful job

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "pulls well, fuel mileage is not bad at all,"

Cons: "ride can be a bit rough at time,"

"I bought this truck to tow and it does a wonder full job. I have added running boards and air lift bags to the rear axle. I have had no problems with the truck other than a water pump that failed and Cummins fixed it under warranty. All I do with this truck is pull a fifth wheel travel trailer and gooseneck horse trailer. The truck is more than ready for both chores. The travel trailer weighs in at around 12,000 loaded and the truck pulls it with no problems. Stay away from the re-programers. This truck has plenty of power. I do not think that it will break any speed records but it sure will pull."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pros: "roomy, powerful, looks great"

Cons: "does not handle well in winter with stock tires"

My Truck!

"Have never had any problems outside of normal routine maintenance. Bought the truck at 2yrs old with 22K miles on it and have yet to have any problems to keep the truck on the road. Used to get around 23-25 MPG average per tank with mostly country 'highway' driving. Very reliable great truck!"

My Truck!

This is my baby!

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pros: "Passes anything on the highway!"

Cons: "Slight blind spot from windshield pillar."

"I purchased this new and it has been my pride and joy since day one! It has never given me a problem and has tons of power! The best thing I've owned since my "68" 383 Dart."

Great vehicle all around

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Towing is awsome with this truck some minor glitches through the years I have owned since it had 19 miles stepped up from dodge 2500 5.9L gas what a difference 16mpg towing 18 mpg in town 23+ on road"

great ride & comfort. up to 25 mpg

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "comfortable,do anything ride."

Cons: "weak factory ac design"

"except for ac issues, which cost about $2000.oo to repair (in all 3 of my previous dodge 3500's) it it a great truck that is up to the challenge of anything you throw at it. empty and on cruise it gets up to 25.6 mpg. it's avg is always over 20! long wheel base gives a smooth comfy ride. mine is used for a grocery getter to a long haul toy hauler. it will be a hard truck to replace."

Pulling machine!!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, great price, tremendous HP."

Cons: "Poor interior"

"Have yet to have a single issue of any kind with this vehicle. The 5.9 liter Cummins is a beast when it comes to pulling my RV trailer. Amazingly smooth ride when pulling the RV or not. Has been a VERY reliable vehicle. This is my second Dodge diesel. Interior for this model SLT is nothing fancy and lacks any of the creature comforts of todays vehicles. All electric but very basic. I wished I had purchased the Laramie edition. Well worth the extra money."

Best auto I have ever owned .

By on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfort and towing capacity"

Cons: "None...."

"I always buy new cars or trucks and this Ram is the best Auto I have ever owned."

A man's truck

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Fuel efficient for a truck"

Cons: "OEM tires = not enough grip in weather"

"Great truck, a little more maintenance then some vehicles but a strong running truck. OEM tires tend to slip when wet but put some new shoes on and off you go."

High maintenance. Drives nice. Powerful.

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, nice ride."

Cons: "Maintenance."

"This truck required a lot of maintenance beyond normal. Rear axle rebuilt twice - at 34K and again at 136K miles. Replaced both front hubs, Power steering cooler, both rear O2 sensors, tie rods, ball joints, u-joints, the list is extensive. Replaced 7 tires due to tread separation, side wall splits - I would not recommend the 20" wheels."

Mine had a persistent valve tick in the motor.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"i kept up with maintenance well. After 140000 miles things starting going wrong and had to start on repairs. Had to take to dealer before warranty ran out to try to fix tick in motor before Extended warranty ran out at 100,000 miles. Never did get rid of it. Now has 160000 miles and it is dying out at stops. And had to have constant front end alignments. I am now looking for a new vehicle. Due to the future costs of repairs."

dont buy a used 2004, not worth it

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "strong with ATS trans"

Cons: "trans, brakes, rotors, hubs, ball joints"

"general tires wont last beyond 36k miles. hard on brakes, trans is weakest point, wait till you have the infamous death wobble in 3 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic, dont forget to keep replacing hubs, rotors, u joints and brakes, did I mention trans wont last. hard to get dodge to stand behind their product w/o a fight, remember you owe them for buying thier vehicle! on my 4th set of tires at 90k miles"

Money pit!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "towing, power"

Cons: "mechanical problems"

"To many mechanical problems. Bought it with 102,000 miles on it for $9,000 and in 3 yrs put a new heater core, Radiator, power steering pump, coolent pump, rear seal, upper control arm, ft bearing in it and now the steering rack leakes and the rear end chatters when taking off from a stop. So far its set me back aprox $4,000and im looking at another $2000."

Great Truck

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great Price, Reliable Performance"

Cons: "Cant think of any."

"I had never owned a dodge truck and had not driven a dodge in years. I drove this dodge and was sold. I traded in my 2000 chevy truck. This is the best truck I have ever owned, it rides and drives so much better than my chevy did. It was a great price also. Comparable used chevys were many thousands more in price. I got a HEMI. I average 17.5 mpg w/ mostly hwy driving. My chevy averaged 16 mpg. I bought my 2005 Quad Cab Dodge 1500 Big Horn Edition in March 2010 it had 85000 mile on it. It now has 126000 miles, with ho problems at all. Just had to install new brake pads about 10000 miles ago. Lots of storage areas in cab is a big plus."

I luv my DODGE!!!!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "NO other truck will do!"

"Best truck ever. Will never go back to chevy. I feel safe driving 50 miles daily for work. handles great in bad wyoming weather too."

great truck

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "great value for money"

"Best truck I have ever owned Tried a chevy but poor visability. Extremely poor mpg keeps me from buying a ford"

2002 dodge 1/2 ton truck quad cab

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "great price long lasting"

Cons: "low trade in, no recovery of cost when paid for"

"this has been a great truck for me 149,236 miles and going strong my second one my 98 has 259,623 miles and still going strong and i drive the heck out of them but i also maintain them!No complaints"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals