2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 2156 Ratings for the 2002 - 2008 models.

overall, the best truck I've ever owned

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "stupendous power and agreeable economy"

Cons: "silly transmission shift points"

"in the last two years of ownership I've put almost 34,000 miles on my beautiful truck. I paid over book value when I bought it, being in such good condition, and I'd do it again for this truck in a heartbeat. It has been the single most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, the only thing outside of normal maintenance I've had to do was replace an EGR valve. otherwise this truck has been amazing. there's nowhere it wont go, and nothing I can't tow with it. I've always had a tendency towards dodge, and this truck personifies and justifies all my prejudice. it really is just the best truck. my only complaint with it ever has been the transmission. it doesn't know how to drive in tow/haul mode, and when you have a load behind it on a hill, it will wait til the last second to downshift, and usually ends up dropping two or three gears and roaring up the hill. this truck would be absolutely perfect if I had the sport shifter automatic like the new trucks, where I could just bump it down one gear at the bottom of the hill and pull up it nice and easy. gas mileage is great for a full size truck too. I have the 5.7L HEMI 4x4 and I still get 20+ on the highway with no load"

i love this truck

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "every option imaginable-fun to drive"

Cons: "some interior parts are plastic"

"everybody loves my truck"

Reliable truck for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price. Reliable. Very spacious!"

Cons: "Dash cracks after 10 years. Wheel bearings @ 170k"

"I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew-Cab. Purchased at 70k miles and have had only one issue since it turned 191k miles. Wheel bearings needed replaced (70 bucks on ebay). 4WD works great with a decent weight proportion to go mudding and maintain traction in adverse conditions. It was the only truck on my block that could make it out of the snow last winter; so I gave all the kids in my neighborhood rides to school. Interior is decent with dodges 2002+ re-design. Great upgrades to the dash and space within the cab. I put 3 car seats in the back and dont get kicked anymore! Driving Dynamics: smooth over bumps and rough terrain. Mudding is cake. Standard highway driving is excellent. Power steering, power windows, power doors, power seats (dual), cant go wrong. No mechanical issues in almost 200k miles. Great truck."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic cab room. Great towing"

Cons: "Lack of rear cupholders."

"Great truck. My ONLY complaint is the lack of drink holders in the back seat when the center rear seat is occupied."

Big Truck for a Big Man

By on Monday, May 6, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, plenty of room for big/tall indiv.,"

Cons: "fuel milage"

"I am 6`8`` and have 2 daughters that ride in the back. I can put my seat all the way back and be comfortable because of the rear room in the mega cab. I love the fact that they can`t kick my seat. Doesn`t get any better than that to me. Truck rides very smooth for a big heavy truck and of course the Hemi is Awesome!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals