2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Based on 2123 Ratings for the 2002 - 2009 models.

04 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable and powerful"

Cons: "very bad on gas consumption without a tuner"

"Have had this truck for 9 years and has always started and run exceptionally! At 60k the egr valve needed replacement and the only other 3 times the check engine light came on was due to the gas cap seal drying out and needing to be replaced. The Hemi has plenty of power for passing, towing, or just jumping around other trucks who think they are quick. I have always been a stickler for maintenance and I firmly believe that is why I have an outstandingly reliable vehicle. I have to add that the transmissions on these trucks need more frequent fluid changes than the maintenance schedule suggests. I also have to keep cross-drilled high performance rotors on the truck due to the heat in vegas they will and do warp due to the 70% stopping in front on the 04's. Also added a tuner for gas mileage and to manipulate shift points and torque management to prolong the life of the transmission as well as the responsiveness and drivability. Makes for a fun-to-drive and capable truck!"

05 Ram- Exceptional Truck!

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Excellent power and comfort"

Cons: "Rough ride, gas mileage (as with any pickup)"

"I had this truck for 2.5 years and I have put on over 30k. I did all maintenance myself and it didn't need much. Replaced a ball joint at 90k, but that's the only real repair I've done. Mine has the 5.7L Hemi and it's more power than you will likely need from a 1/2 ton pickup. The throttle is a little slow to respond from dead stop, but the addition of a programmer really wakes these trucks up and turns them into an even more white-knuckle ride if you have a lead foot. The ride in them is a little rough and living in small towns with very rough roads, it is noticeable, keep good shocks under it and it helps a lot. The A pillar is somewhat hard to see around at times, there's a little bit of a blind spot, but that's the same with any vehicle I've been in from recent years. Overall opinion, love it and would buy again given the opportunity!"

Best Truck I have Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, looks great, safe"

Cons: "gas milage"

"This Dodge Ram is the best truck that I have ever owned. It is now 11 years old, and I have put 240,000 miles on it, and it is still a very dependable truck. I drive it every single day. It has never needed any repairs. I have only had to put a water pump, and a starter on it in 11 years. I'm a middle aged woman, and I feel safe driving my Dodge. I know I have a dependable vehicle. Well worth the money that I paid for it 11 years ago. And it still has a great value today."

A lot of issues.......

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "nice body lines."

Cons: "everything"

"I bought my truck last year and drive it every day. It was great at first until the heat quit working then the engine valvetrain started ticking(valve lash) then the power steering pump went, then the alignment went. Now a belt slipped in the rear tire. Wheel bearings are shot. Hood doesnt stay up. Makes strange grinding noise when going into gear.If you want a ram, buy a cummins. An actual engine and an actual transmission. The drivetrain in these trucks are garbage. Struggles to pull anything (4.7). Oh and the body is trash rusting everywhere.."

Turn key and go!

By on Monday, July 01, 2013

Pros: "Handles great-Smooth ride"

Cons: "Seat have no hieght adjustments"

My Truck

"Bought this truck brand new in 2005,added 2008 20" Dodge logo rims,came with 17", and Copper Discovery AT3 tires.Tow package installed in 2010.Every time That I turn the key,fires right up and runs excellent. Never had to do any work to it except routine maintenance. Love this truck. Drives nice and smooth,Has the small 8 cyl.Not the Hemi but always has enough power to get the job done.Would I reccomend Dodge pick up to friend, Heck Yes!"

My Truck

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals