• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Based on 2018 Ratings for the 2002 - 2009 models.

Have had new Fords, Chevy's and I like the Dodge.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "Great power, rides nice, looks great!"

Cons: "Rust"

"Drives and rides great! Besides the rust on the bed over the wheels I love this truck.Get more compliments on the Dodge than any truck I have ever owned, I like that!"

Most reliable vehicle ever driven or owned.

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Motor cln, no lks,well mntnd"

Cons: "2small dings rear bmpr. 12mpg city,17Hy"

"Has Weld 12" wide mags. FAB TECH lift kit 4" w/Torsion bars custom suspension., flo-master exhaust 3" pipes. This truck is fast and fun to drive. It looks better then any other single cab on the road. Redwood credit Union owns truck."

It has been very reliable, very comfortable,

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"I'm 6-3 275 great space easy in out. Only problem has been wheel vibration, wty recall replaced front hub & bearings, much better, still not perfect. As to value I picked it up on a year end clearance, about 20% off msrp, it's loaded Laramie, love the truck. Run on regular mileage is typical of a truck 12-14 city. 18-20 hwy."

The best vehicle ever owned & Best $ ever spent.

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Design, dependability, mpg, strength, value"

Cons: "pillar blind spot, reverse lights not bright enoug"

"I bought this truck brand new. It definitely hurt when I realized that the sticker price was more than my first & second homes, but that didn't stop me. I live in the country & by that I mean the directions include "then you turn off the blacktop". So you can gather that this is not a blacktop baby type of life for my truck. It deals with mud & heavy dust as well as high water (in MO... that's all in the same day) then there's ice & snow as well as crawling through brush... then it's onto the highway & off to the city for shopping. I used it to haul horses across the country regularly (apx 1x a mo) as well as my grocery getter. This truck has been my primary vehicle since Aug 2005 and I have no intentions of that changing anytime soon. I get incredible fuel mileage (24-27 hmpg & 17-21 cmpg). No, I am not exaggerating. The truck is very comfortable for long trips and handles better than anything I can think of... especially when you consider what it is and how big. Beware the pillar blind spots, though. They can be large enough to hide another full size truck, but that's remedied by leaning forward & back (the "Dodge Rock", as we call it) to be sure you have a clear path. I have driven this truck trough hurricanes as well as blizzards & never felt it couldn't handle what I was asking. Use your brain though, it's not a miracle vehicle & 4wd just means 2 more wheels to spin on ice... that brings me to the ABS. It works better than most (I'm guessing 'cause of the weight of the truck), but when it does start to slide the truck will be an 7,500# toboggan and you're just along for the ride. For towing... it hauls my 4 horse extended gooseneck trailer as if it doesn't know it's there. My mileage will average about 20 on the highway and 15 in the hills/city where you're always on & off the throttle. I've hauled machinery as well as other heavy loads, in all kinds of conditions. The braking system is more than adequate. I've had my trailer brakes go out (while loaded) & wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the indicator on the brake controller... the truck stopped everything just fine. Empty, it brakes better than most cars & it rides nicer than my friends' half tons. As for holding it's value... wow! I bought during the "employee Pricing special & rolled out of the dealership at $37,000 with tax, title, transfer & a full tank. The sticker was a little over $42K. Now, 9 years later with a few battle scars & over 100,000 miles the kbb value in "good" condition is still around the $22K range. For the past 7 years I haven't been able to take it in for servicing without the dealerships offering to buy it (for cash). That's unheard of. One offer was even a new Jeep Wrangler and some cash. In summary, I've owned just about every make of truck made since the 60s & nothing compares to a Ram for dependability, comfort, strength & overall awesomeness. I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for an all around truck that can be depended upon."

Great truck!

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Powerful"

Cons: "Older"

"Will probably never sale. Had no idea it held it value so well. Love the cummins!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals