2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Based on 2159 Ratings for the 2002 - 2009 models.

overall, the best truck I've ever owned

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "stupendous power and agreeable economy"

Cons: "silly transmission shift points"

"in the last two years of ownership I've put almost 34,000 miles on my beautiful truck. I paid over book value when I bought it, being in such good condition, and I'd do it again for this truck in a heartbeat. It has been the single most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, the only thing outside of normal maintenance I've had to do was replace an EGR valve. otherwise this truck has been amazing. there's nowhere it wont go, and nothing I can't tow with it. I've always had a tendency towards dodge, and this truck personifies and justifies all my prejudice. it really is just the best truck. my only complaint with it ever has been the transmission. it doesn't know how to drive in tow/haul mode, and when you have a load behind it on a hill, it will wait til the last second to downshift, and usually ends up dropping two or three gears and roaring up the hill. this truck would be absolutely perfect if I had the sport shifter automatic like the new trucks, where I could just bump it down one gear at the bottom of the hill and pull up it nice and easy. gas mileage is great for a full size truck too. I have the 5.7L HEMI 4x4 and I still get 20+ on the highway with no load"

Reliable truck for a great price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price. Reliable. Very spacious!"

Cons: "Dash cracks after 10 years. Wheel bearings @ 170k"

"I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Crew-Cab. Purchased at 70k miles and have had only one issue since it turned 191k miles. Wheel bearings needed replaced (70 bucks on ebay). 4WD works great with a decent weight proportion to go mudding and maintain traction in adverse conditions. It was the only truck on my block that could make it out of the snow last winter; so I gave all the kids in my neighborhood rides to school. Interior is decent with dodges 2002+ re-design. Great upgrades to the dash and space within the cab. I put 3 car seats in the back and dont get kicked anymore! Driving Dynamics: smooth over bumps and rough terrain. Mudding is cake. Standard highway driving is excellent. Power steering, power windows, power doors, power seats (dual), cant go wrong. No mechanical issues in almost 200k miles. Great truck."

High maintenance. Drives nice. Powerful.

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Powerful, nice ride."

Cons: "Maintenance."

"This truck required a lot of maintenance beyond normal. Rear axle rebuilt twice - at 34K and again at 136K miles. Replaced both front hubs, Power steering cooler, both rear O2 sensors, tie rods, ball joints, u-joints, the list is extensive. Replaced 7 tires due to tread separation, side wall splits - I would not recommend the 20" wheels."

i love this truck

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "every option imaginable-fun to drive"

Cons: "some interior parts are plastic"

"everybody loves my truck"

A great truck to drive

By on Monday, August 22, 2016

Pros: "double cup holders"

Cons: "it's not easy to get in the drivers seat"

great looking

"This truck runs smooth. Comfortable ride. The Magnum 3.7L V6 engine is responsive and fuel efficient.The 8 foot bed w/liner offers unlimited use."

great looking

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals