• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews

Good truck

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"2002 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4. Owned this truck for over a year, taken it offroading several times and have always been impressed with its offroad capabilities. My truck does have the larger engine size, the 5.9L V8 and it never seems like it's working hard. Cab is extremely roomy and very comfortable, my friends say its like riding on a couch. Also very well designed interior, lots of space and hidden pockets and compartments - they've definitely come in handy! Can fit six adults with seatbelts on fairly comfortably, as long as whoever sits in the back in the middle doesn't have too long of legs. Had to replace a U joint shortly after purchasing, it had been cracked and was rusting but that was caused by previous owner. Cracked radiator at some point, had to be replaced. Serpentine belt fried and had to be replaced. Stock battery lasted about 7 years, but had trouble with the new battery. Didn't fit in its place exactly right, cracked and kept losing water out of the cells, although that's not the truck's fault. Has some electrical bugs with the window switches, passenger automatic window control doesn't work but driver side does. If the truck is maintained correctly and you keep an eye on what needs to be replaced at the milestones, this is a great truck. Gas mileage is poor, but for the size of the truck and engine it's to be expected. About 11mpg city, 15 hwy."

Great Truck

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Sure would like more room in the back seat..."

"Owned this truck since new with 11 miles. List of items outside of normal maintenance that has needed to be addressed: 1 - leaking injector pump replaced under warranty, 2 - (1) injector line was loose - tightened up by dealership (I couldn't find it) to the tune I think $50, 3 - one of my friends (400 lbs or so) broke the lumbar adjustment in the driver seat - I replaced it myself for around $60. With 138K I've replaced things like a water pump and ball joints and one u-joint, but I consider those normal wear and tear items. Truck consistently gets 16-17 mpg; that's real world driving, not trying to exaggerate for anyone here. I would say my driving style is 'spirited' - i.e. I don't baby the truck while driving. It's always pulled and hauled what I needed it to, with no complaints. I'd like to look at new trucks for purchase, but with new truck prices, and this one giving me no significant issues, it looks like I'm driving this until the wheels fall off, which could be a while. One of my friends has a dually version of this same truck with over 400K on it now. He's had to do some additional work (of course), but he hauls a lot heavier than I do. He intends on keeping his for another 400K if the truck will hold together."

Love my Hemi

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"I have had other Pickup trucks in the past, but this vehicle has been more durable and reliable than the others in the past. I really would prefer the Dodge Co. to check out the rotors and brakes as they really have to be worse than the other brands. My son is a Mechanic and he has worked on alot of pickups and he has stated that these has been the worse of outwearing than others.I do enjoy my Dodge 1500 Thunderroad Hemi pickup."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted