1996 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews

It's done its job

By on Monday, April 6, 2009

"This 97 Sport with the DOHC was basically my first car...bought it in 99 when still in high school, and have driven it ever since. Overall, if you take care of this car, it will take care of you. It now has 135,000 miles on it, and the only problem I have is that there seems to be a recurring fuel pump problem. I had to replace the first at 60,000, and will have to replace the current one soon. There's only one rust spot under a wheel well. It's hard to think of a better commuter car...great mileage, decent comfort, good in snow if you know how to drive in it, and enough performance to still surprise yuppies with newer cars on the road next to you! It started in -40F weather this past winter, too. Definitely a good idea to change the oil every 3,000 miles...I think that's been the key to this car's success. This car did everything I asked it to, and more. I didn't get luxury, but I didn't pay for it, either. I plan to upgrade to a different vehicle soon, but I also plan to keep this for a commuter car until it finally dies...I don't want to see anyone else driving it (and I don't want to say goodbye to my youth yet!)"

Great cars.

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I have owned alot of neons over the years. I also have raced neons. Fast cars and drive great, very reliable. Gas mileage is great. Corners and stops great. Flaws: easy to break in to, 95-97 faulty headgaskets, sohc head design."

Good Commuting car

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Mileage is good if you are easy on the throttle."

Cons: "the interior is not very spacious."

"I purchased my Dodge Neon with 87,000 miles on it i haven't had any serious problems with it. Gas mileage in town is 25-29, highway is 26-34. The exterior looks quite sporty "for a 1998 that is" I cannot say the same for the interior; it has odd-colored patterns on the seat, dull look, and, plastic parts don't flow together very nice; thats all I have to say about the interior. Check engine light has come on once because: my 02 sensor had gotten wet from driving my car on the frozen ice; this has been the only warning I have gotten so far during the time I have owned this vehicle. Performance is good, handling is very good, I do not have ABS brakes, but they work just fine."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted