2008 Dodge Magnum

Based on 531 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

Excellent vehicle - low maintenance requirements

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"I moved from a 1996 Impala SS to this vehicle before I proposed - myself having two dogs and my (now wife) with a son, I needed something with more room than my Impala and I didn't want a van of any sort quite yet. I've put > 90,000 miles over the past three and a half years on this car. It's never left me stranded and I've never thought 'I shouldn't have purchased this car'. While it's still my daily driver, it's no longer a family hauler as of early last year. (That duty has fallen to our 2011 Honda Odyssey). I have had a couple of maintenance items. Replaced plugs at 140,000. The rear diff started to fail at 151,000 miles. Front rotors were replaced at 155,000. Front drivers wheel hub was replaced somewhere in there as well. A set of tires lasts about two years (but I go a bit longer than I should on them). Overall, parts are reasonable. Over the past 50,000 miles I've averaged 18.5 MPG with an average fuel price of 3.55/gal. (I'm missing a couple of months of data, but from 1/2012 to 2/2014) Mine came with Option I and II equipment and I wound up replacing the factory NAV (never had issues with it, but the cost to update the maps was half the cost of a new head unit!) with aftermarket and sold off the kicker sub. With heavy base hits and the stock kicker, there was a nasty rattle. I've not put another sub in the car since. The interior door panels look a little cheap for what initially sold as a >$40,000 car but after a while that aspect is no longer noticed. Otherwise, the interior of the vehicle is nice. I enjoy the SRT seats. Driving is a pleasure. The only complaint is the traction control can be quite intrusive. If you're used to a little wheel spin as you leave a stop (such as aggressive merging with traffic), you'd be in for a surprise. Likewise, if you leave traction control off, you need to be an attentive drive with hard acceleration - it can still kick the rear out at 50 MPH if you nail it. Quite a few people gave me some ribbing when I bought the Magnum. 'You bought a station wagon man!'. Sure. But it's a 425 HP 430 ft/lb station wagon that'll give a vast majority of other cars on the road a run for their money. Plus haul yourself, wife, son, two dogs (combined 160 lbs), and other required items for a weekend travel. And get from a stop to 60 in less than 6 seconds. Of course it's just over 6 seconds with everyone in the car. :)"

Very good car.

By on Saturday, August 15, 2015

Pros: "Bought new good price comfortable driving."

Cons: "No cons."

"I have no problems what so ever with this car. In the 110000 miles I have replaced one tie rod, tires & sparkplugs & that is all. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned, & I have owned over 100 vehicles in my 77 years of life time."

Great Ride

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"This is a most comfortable car and a real pleasure to drive."

Most Solid Vehicle I have owned in 20 Years

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Great to Road Trip With. Plenty of room!!"

Cons: "None So Far"

"Great to drive!! Handles the Highway with ease, very smooth ride. This Magnum is the best vehicle I have driven in years!! the 3.5L V-6 gives plenty of acceleration and the brakes are very responsive. Dodge needs to bring this vehicle back to production!!"

Great comfortable car, especially in the winter.

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Great comfortable fast car."

Cons: "No cons."

"I have owned this Magnum R/T AWD since new and I love the car. Added full chrome package, Aim air intake, Jet Super Chip and 20"chromed wheels. Had an issue with the torque converter at 60,000 miles that was covered under the extended warranty. That was probably due to my constant electronic shifting. Other than that, I have had only regular 3,000 mile services done. The car still has the origional brakes at 80,000 miles and it is only on the 2nd set of tires. Great car in the rain, snow or whatever. I will have it much longer as it is still an eye catcher."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Magnum near Honolulu. See local deals