2008 Dodge Magnum

Based on 529 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

Excellent vehicle - low maintenance requirements

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"I moved from a 1996 Impala SS to this vehicle before I proposed - myself having two dogs and my (now wife) with a son, I needed something with more room than my Impala and I didn't want a van of any sort quite yet. I've put > 90,000 miles over the past three and a half years on this car. It's never left me stranded and I've never thought 'I shouldn't have purchased this car'. While it's still my daily driver, it's no longer a family hauler as of early last year. (That duty has fallen to our 2011 Honda Odyssey). I have had a couple of maintenance items. Replaced plugs at 140,000. The rear diff started to fail at 151,000 miles. Front rotors were replaced at 155,000. Front drivers wheel hub was replaced somewhere in there as well. A set of tires lasts about two years (but I go a bit longer than I should on them). Overall, parts are reasonable. Over the past 50,000 miles I've averaged 18.5 MPG with an average fuel price of 3.55/gal. (I'm missing a couple of months of data, but from 1/2012 to 2/2014) Mine came with Option I and II equipment and I wound up replacing the factory NAV (never had issues with it, but the cost to update the maps was half the cost of a new head unit!) with aftermarket and sold off the kicker sub. With heavy base hits and the stock kicker, there was a nasty rattle. I've not put another sub in the car since. The interior door panels look a little cheap for what initially sold as a >$40,000 car but after a while that aspect is no longer noticed. Otherwise, the interior of the vehicle is nice. I enjoy the SRT seats. Driving is a pleasure. The only complaint is the traction control can be quite intrusive. If you're used to a little wheel spin as you leave a stop (such as aggressive merging with traffic), you'd be in for a surprise. Likewise, if you leave traction control off, you need to be an attentive drive with hard acceleration - it can still kick the rear out at 50 MPH if you nail it. Quite a few people gave me some ribbing when I bought the Magnum. 'You bought a station wagon man!'. Sure. But it's a 425 HP 430 ft/lb station wagon that'll give a vast majority of other cars on the road a run for their money. Plus haul yourself, wife, son, two dogs (combined 160 lbs), and other required items for a weekend travel. And get from a stop to 60 in less than 6 seconds. Of course it's just over 6 seconds with everyone in the car. :)"

No trouble, No problem!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Great drive...not a sports car and not a truck."

"I purchased this Dodge Magnum new. It has been a dependable, low maintenance, very good gas mileage, convenient and comfortable auto. Good excelleration, good brakes, excellent turning radius, and smooth cruise control. I do not like the cruise lever location; difficult to see when driving. Good for a short driver because of the raising of the gas peddle. Head room for big/tall men. All seats, excluding driver's seat, lower to bed level for transporting merchandise/purchases/ luggage."

love this car.

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

"i have owned this car for 4 years. had all regular maintenance and tune ups done on time. no problems what so ever. handle the highway well and is good on gas. wouldnt trade it for the world. i rented this car maybe 3 times and then i decided i just wanted to go ahead and by myself one. best decision yet."

Best Vehicle I've Owned

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"After working for GM for 35 years, and having the opportunity of driving a new vehicle every 3 months for 15 of those years, my black SXT Magnum is the best vehicle I've owned or driven. I've working for Chrysler for the past 3.5 years and had the chance to drive everything in their stable of cars. The Magnum is comparable to the Cadillac CTS in performance, responsiveness. It holds the road and corners better than the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger which all were made at the Brampton, Ont assembly plant. I was planning to upgrade to the RT8 with all the goodies this time, but cannot order one now. I bought mine due to having 3 grand sons, and having to haul their stuff whenever I get them for a week-end was a good choice. It's rear seat leg room is larger than the 300 or Charger, with enough rear storage space for anything. I moved a kid home from college in it with all of his and my stuff. gas mileage 18 city - 24 highway, with no problems after two years of ownership. I think Chrysler made a mistake to discontinue this one. It's not like any of the other clones of vehicles brands from the US to Europe; or compared to any other OEM's product line. You know it's a Magnum a half mile ahead of you coming down the road, with it's distinct beastly wide body look. I'm "old school", and get a lot of lookers when it's polished and clean. I planned to keep mine do it's low mileage, and pick up a new Corvette for my summer car - I'm in a retirement mode now."

2005 SXT 3.5L

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Overall I like this car better than any car I have ever driven (even more so than a charger). The V6 isn't going to win any awards for it's power, but then again for it's size, it moves this beast around great. If you are looking for a beat all spped demon, get the Hemi..... If you are looking for a great in the middle (good power yet still good MPG), do almost anything vehicle then I don't think you can do much better. Also every time I look at this thing, I can't believe how good it looks. I love it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Magnum near Honolulu. See local deals