2008 Dodge Magnum

Based on 527 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

Excellent vehicle - low maintenance requirements

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"I moved from a 1996 Impala SS to this vehicle before I proposed - myself having two dogs and my (now wife) with a son, I needed something with more room than my Impala and I didn't want a van of any sort quite yet. I've put > 90,000 miles over the past three and a half years on this car. It's never left me stranded and I've never thought 'I shouldn't have purchased this car'. While it's still my daily driver, it's no longer a family hauler as of early last year. (That duty has fallen to our 2011 Honda Odyssey). I have had a couple of maintenance items. Replaced plugs at 140,000. The rear diff started to fail at 151,000 miles. Front rotors were replaced at 155,000. Front drivers wheel hub was replaced somewhere in there as well. A set of tires lasts about two years (but I go a bit longer than I should on them). Overall, parts are reasonable. Over the past 50,000 miles I've averaged 18.5 MPG with an average fuel price of 3.55/gal. (I'm missing a couple of months of data, but from 1/2012 to 2/2014) Mine came with Option I and II equipment and I wound up replacing the factory NAV (never had issues with it, but the cost to update the maps was half the cost of a new head unit!) with aftermarket and sold off the kicker sub. With heavy base hits and the stock kicker, there was a nasty rattle. I've not put another sub in the car since. The interior door panels look a little cheap for what initially sold as a >$40,000 car but after a while that aspect is no longer noticed. Otherwise, the interior of the vehicle is nice. I enjoy the SRT seats. Driving is a pleasure. The only complaint is the traction control can be quite intrusive. If you're used to a little wheel spin as you leave a stop (such as aggressive merging with traffic), you'd be in for a surprise. Likewise, if you leave traction control off, you need to be an attentive drive with hard acceleration - it can still kick the rear out at 50 MPH if you nail it. Quite a few people gave me some ribbing when I bought the Magnum. 'You bought a station wagon man!'. Sure. But it's a 425 HP 430 ft/lb station wagon that'll give a vast majority of other cars on the road a run for their money. Plus haul yourself, wife, son, two dogs (combined 160 lbs), and other required items for a weekend travel. And get from a stop to 60 in less than 6 seconds. Of course it's just over 6 seconds with everyone in the car. :)"

No trouble, No problem!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Great drive...not a sports car and not a truck."

"I purchased this Dodge Magnum new. It has been a dependable, low maintenance, very good gas mileage, convenient and comfortable auto. Good excelleration, good brakes, excellent turning radius, and smooth cruise control. I do not like the cruise lever location; difficult to see when driving. Good for a short driver because of the raising of the gas peddle. Head room for big/tall men. All seats, excluding driver's seat, lower to bed level for transporting merchandise/purchases/ luggage."

Great for a family car

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG, Stylish, comfortable"

Cons: "No rear cupholders"

"With kids in sports and an active family, this is not the typical wagon. It looks great and rides even better. The only change I would have done was get the 3.5 V6 or V8 Hemi model instead of the 2.7L V6. Up in the mountains the smaller V6 can lack a bit of power but gets the job done! It's a car both the wife and I love!"

Upgraded from grand am to magnum

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Added Turbo charger, split the exhaust to seperate flowmasteers.. This car is a beast. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Awesome fun to ride and drive. True MOPAR if they release them again in 2012 I will buy another one."

love this car.

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

"i have owned this car for 4 years. had all regular maintenance and tune ups done on time. no problems what so ever. handle the highway well and is good on gas. wouldnt trade it for the world. i rented this car maybe 3 times and then i decided i just wanted to go ahead and by myself one. best decision yet."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Dodge Magnum near Honolulu. See local deals