2015 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,683 - $20,119.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 09/01/2016

10/6.2

6.9

Based on 400 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.3/10
    7.2/10

I love my Journey!

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great power, AWD is excellent"

Cons: "Tires cost a fortune"

"I own a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD that has been nothing less than miraculous. I heard a lot of horror stories about the Journey but I got a price I couldn't pass up. The most "unreliable"vehicle now is approaching 100000 miles without any signs of stopping. I have had ZERO problems with it including the brakes. The 3.5 still runs like new and never uses a drop of oil. The A/C still blows Ice Cold and there is absolutely no squeeks or rattles to be heard. The AWD system is excellent, the week I bought it I drove through a nasty blizzard; when traffic came to a standstill, nobody could make it up a very steep hill. I attempted to climb the hill and the Journey kept digging and I was one of four cars to make it to the top (A Subaru, Grand Cherokee, and a Pacifica.) I average 22 mpg which I find acceptable. My new job will require me to do even more driving (60000 a year) and I will probably be buying a new car. The Journey is staying with me as well, I plan on keeping it until it dies. I will be buying a new Durango within the next 6 months. I've had very good luck with Chrysler products and they have won a customer for life."

great little car!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "cup holders alittle low"

"I take this car to alot of football games and love the room with back seat down. Got the car loaded and I don't have the highway noise!"

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "room and many little storage areas inside"

Cons: "the very back does not have the room of a mini van"

"I think that this is a great car, a great buy and it gives you a lot of room if you have a big family without looking like you are in a minivan. It has many extra feature to hide things and even in the back you really don't feel cramped. I was pleasantly surprised. I was all set to purchase a Toyota Highlander and the Dodge Journey won me over and was much cheaper."

Love It!

By on Monday, May 31, 2010

"I bought my Journey a year ago and love it. We live in the country and were unable to get out of our driveway in the past when we got snow unless it was plowed. This past year my AWD Journey made it right out. I am extremely happy with the vehicle, I use synthetic oil in it and get 20 mpg city and 23.5 highway. I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is the interior lights. I have UConnect and as a result halogen lights are required and they do not illuminate the vehicle very well. Also there are floor lights that I find to be very annoying when driving at night. (I am unable to shut these off unless I want the dash to be dimmed.)"

For a brand new vehical under 25K, This has got to

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Pros: "Fantastic Price and handels easily."

Cons: "No tow package or auto-start"

"Bought the Dodge Journey SXT because of the 7 person seating. It turns out it is one of the best "Compact" SUVs out there. Handling is a dream and seats are comfortable. With the satellite radio, makes the long drives effortless.Pulled an 1100 mile drive and did not hurt afterwards. Mileage is extremely under-rated. With the fuel economy center on the dash, I was easily making 28-32 mpg. Quick response and breaking. Down Side, No tow package available, Did not come with auto start package, No heated seats. All minor considering this is a "Under 25K" Vehicle."

Cheapest 7 seater SUV with a lot of cargo space

By on Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reason: Upgrade to Journey Crossroad PLUS

Pros: "Great price. Fun to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my 2013 Dodge Journey SE 2.4L engine with 3rd row seat + bluetooth option. Original MSRP was 25k+. But dealer discounts and rebates brought the price down to $18k. This was the only 7seater SUV that was under $20k at that time. AS my annual driving distance was 6500miles, the poor gas mileage was not a huge problem for me. When I was in the Hwy, average mpg was 29-30. When I drove in the city, average mpg was very poor (16-19). However, the ride was very smooth and I love the huge cargo space. Whenever I need to buy stuff from IKEA or HOMEDEPOT, I didn't rent big trucks. For Journey SE model, LCD screen was 4.3inch. It didn't have navigation or backup camera. Recently, I thought of upgrading the screen to 8.4inch to include navigation. That upgrade would cost $2k+. So I went to the same dealer to look for a Dodge Journey with a navigation and back up camera. At that time, I traded in 2013 Journey SE for $12.5k. So for three years my basic cost for 2013 Journey SE was $5.5k($18k-$12.5k) + sales tax. It is better than leasing. This time, I purchased 2016 Dodge Journey CROSSROAD PLUS. It came with 3.6 VVT engine and 8.4 screen with navigation, backup camera and backup sensors. In addition, it has leather heated seats, heated steering wheel, 5year subscription to SIRIUS and hands free phone option. The MRSP of the vehicle was $33k. After dealer discount and manufacturer rebates, I paid $23k+sales tax (May 2016). As this model has a 3.6VVT engine, I feel the difference. I wish I had purchased SE or SXT with 3.6 engine before. Anyways, I didn't see a significant mpg drop for this big engine. In my 200mile long trip I got 29mpg in Hwy and 16-18mpg in city roads. If your annual driving distance is less than $10000 miles, buy a Dodge Journey and save money."

This car is vastly under-rated

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

"I have owned this car for more than two years without any issues at all. The interior is well designed, and the 8.4" screen is very helpful. Several of my neighbors have bought Journeys as well due to this car. The stance and wheels are great as well."

By on Thursday, March 4, 2010

"This car is an absolute joy to drive. The power of the 3.5L engine is wonderful! The car is comfy to sit in. Better interior would be appreciated, but looking at all the competitors everyone uses too much hard plastic. Great ground clearance. Only went to a dealer to have the oil changed, everything else is solid and well built."

Excellant vehicle ever

By on Monday, July 13, 2009

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Good on gas mileage drives nice. my husband and i were looking around last year (2008) for a new vehicle test drove Chevy Equinox and the Buick Enclave cept on coming back to the Dodge Journey. We bought the R/T with evertyihng in it my husband and I love it."

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Ours is the R/T model with most options. The ride is great. I can drive it for hours & not get sleepy as with all other vechicles I've owned. I attribute that to the seat design. This baby is all wheel drive and it gets 24 to 26 MPG on the highway. Yes a lot of the interior trim is plastic but so is most other brands. We have the leather seats. Don't get the 3rd row seat model unless you have small children. It is a small seating area."