• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,552 - $24,073.

10/6.4

6.8

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

7.2/10
    6.8/10
    7.1/10
    7.0/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

No problems - nice vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price - good power"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Have owned the Journey for approx 4 years. Over 70,000 miles, have not had any issues. Main family care - take it everywhere."

Cons: "Transmission, shifting"

"I have the SXT model with the 3.6L V6. Generally, I like the car with the roominess, flexibility, comfort of the ride and ability to get in and out of tight spaces. While the engine has significant power, it also has significant torque steering when you get on the gas. As long as you know it's coming, you'll be OK. My complaint is about the transmission. It's the 6 speed and it is crazy, all over the place as to what gear you're in. You will be doing 30 mph and you're in 6th gear. It shifts rough, it shifts oddly and this is after having it into the dealer for computer updates and new software downloads. There is nothing smooth about the transmission of this car. Which leads me to worry about the long term reliability as my mileage increases."

Better than expected 2013

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, Good price, Sporty!"

Cons: "3rd row access, Engine selection, Blind spots."

"Compared to what Chevy and Ford were offering, for the money and the packaging and design,no one could beat the Journey. The Journey's 3rd row although nice isn't made for any one other than kids. This thing isn't a school bus and doesn't pretend to be. It has loads of cargo room with the 3rd row folded. Love the large screen uconnect controls. They are easy to see and operate. Interior lighting is more than I expected. Plenty of power ports. Easy to get in and out of. The only thing is the Gas mileage is a little on the low side, 24 or so with the 4 cylinder, and not as peppy but works fine as a highway cruiser. The turning radius is best I have seen on any vehicle out side a Mercedes. Turns on a dime and gives you change! Just A much better vehicle than the earlier models. I think most all the bugs have been ironed out."

good value for the money.

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

"I have had this car since Aug 2012. No trouble at all, nor should there be with this low mileage. We take it on some short trips.;"

I LOVE MY JOURNEY

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Ride, controls, interior, features, handling,"

Cons: "exterior has minor scratches"

"Love all the features on my SUV its a great machine ever been factory built. Has it all!!!! With leather seats, sunroof, comfortable supported seats, UCONNECT navigation, radio, wireless phone system, heated seats, rearview camera, fully loaded in excellent fit and finish. Journey has a 3rd row seating fitting 7 passengers everybody fit very comfort having a family of four. The SUV handles well on a smooth ride with a V6 engine it gives me really enjoyable drive and better performance ever. Push button ignition is my favorite no need getting out a key starting up vehicle. I have a R/T model which got features at a low price this was a affordable crossover on a great value has with all options and features been well quality built on the Journey. It wasn't exactly what I wanted at the time but Dodge was much cheaper and price wasn't steep as (Toyota or Honda) I've looked at before trying to find a great crossover worth a lower price it was the best. I love my Journey but will look at another vehicle shortly since trying to start buying something affordable doing the time it was the best ever owned."

Solid car, happy with choice

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, attractive"

Cons: "Backseat leg room, lack of passenger power seat"

"Note: Our previous car was a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica which we loved. If Pacifica was still being made, we probably would have bought another. It spoiled us with it's roominess and general comfort as well as both driver and passenger power seats which were on the base model. It was also very reliable. Okay, time to move on to our Dodge Journey: I own the 6cyl. SXT model with 3rd row seat. I love the acceleration ability, general comfort and smooth ride. Fuel economy is okay - seems like I have to fill pretty often but the electronic fuel econ. usually reads in the 21-23 range. Cons: Lacking in rear leg room compared to our previous crossover. No power seat for passenger. Salespeople at numerous dealerships are very confused about what Uconnect/Bluetooth/handsfree really mean. Please research before purchasing. Pros: Attractive car, really good engine in 6cyl model, like the flex seating w/3rd row when needed. LOVED all the cubbies and storage when first viewed the car, but ironically hardly ever use them."

Great Vehicle with plenty of room

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "great options for safety and convenience."

Cons: "The headlights dont turn on automatic."

"I love this car because of the push button start. Not having to dig for keys, it locks and unlocks with the push of a button on the door handle, as long as the key is in your possession,ie in pocket or purse. Door will not lock if key is inside car. 2 wonderful safety issues. Air conditioning is per person, meaning, everyone can adjust to their needs. Room to store luggage or pull up the 3rd row seat for extra passengers. 2nd row seat floor boards have storage for snacks or keeping beverages cool. Great gas mileage too. Side windows have added tinting. It has hands free uconnect for talking while driving. Bluetooth connection for Ipods etc.."

second best car ever owned no problems

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

"only change I would make is to eliminate the roundness of the front bucket seats. feels like you slide over a lip every time you enter/exit the vehicle"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25