• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,685 - $20,164.

10/6.4

6.9

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

too expencive to repair

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Very nice riding car"

Cons: "too expensive to repair"

"I've owned car since 2010 and I've replaced 5 air sensor valve stems at way to much money. Also, have had a lot of trouble with air conditioning, with having to replace almost the whole unit front and back. To me not a smart way to have the back unit. Way to much money to repair."

Good handling and fun to drive

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "For a wagon, fun to drive"

Cons: "Transmission - Mopar USED to have industries' best"

"I liked everything about this car from the beginning, with the possible exception of the 6-speed transmission; it has a tendency to shift lazily into first gear after a stop, causing the car to jump slightly like being tapped lightly from behind. It moves swiftly thru the gears and shifts smoothly. It gets aprx 19-22 mpg in town and 23-25 mpg on the road at 70 mph. In mts of Colorado, at 65mph, she can get 28 mph. II will definitely buy another Dodge product!"

Great Value for the Money

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Pros:Excellent Ride Quality, Storage Options"

Cons: "Cons:Third row seating cramped, city mpg subpar"

"Have had my 2014 Journey for a month and am very pleased so far. Auto critics have groused about the 2.4L engine, but it suits the needs of average drivers fine. Love all the storage options and the dashboard layout. Those who are looking for adult third row seating need to look elsewhere, however. and city mileage is not great ( I drive 65/35 highway however, so my mpg experience has been fine-25.0 combined)."

Worst car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "third row seat, blue tooth, sirrus radio"

Cons: "bad on tires, very little storage in rear"

"I have had nothing but issues with this car from day one. Had to have new tires replaced at 12,000 and 22,000 miles. Even though we are told the car is 100% aligned it constantly pulls to the left when you are driving. A lot of road noise as well and is a gas guzzler."

Get's the job done, but that's about it.

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Pros: "Third Row, Compact, A/C and Heat, Acceleration"

Cons: "Automatic AWD, First Model Year (many issues)"

"Quick Background: I bought this car looking for a family size vehicle with a third row and all-wheel drive (for winter since I live in the northeast). This was my first family car purchase and my goal was to stay away from minivan's and get a third row on a budget. I bought this car used at 50,000 miles and paid WAY to much for it (first time buying from a car dealership). It has had multiple issues since purchased and as such I have had to replace all four rotors (they were warped), all four brake pads (burnt out), the coolant tank (it cracked), and a fuel-related pump. I have also had to replace the front ball-joints which is a known issue for basically all Chrysler-based cars so I can't exactly count that against this car specifically. I have also had multiple tire issues (flat's, slow leaks) but that's really Kumho's fault so I can't completely blame Dodge. What I didn't realize when I got this car is that it has "automatic" AWD. This means there is no way to manually turn on the AWD, basically rendering the AWD useless unless the car is stuck in a snowbank. My advice from this: stay away from ANY automatic AWD cars, make sure you can manually turn it on before purchasing. I also didn't realize this was the first year Dodge introduced the Journey model. My advice from this: stay away from cars in their first (maybe even second) model year. Now that that's out of the way here's some things I liked about this car. Having a third row is really handy if you happen to have a third child (it just so happened to me). Because of child car seats, we actually have one seat up in the third row and the other down so we can load one child in through the trunk. It's not much fun, but it works. There's a good amount of storage even though it is a compact SUV. Speaking of which, being fairly compact is also handy when dealing with parking and such. Basically this car is good at getting my family from point A to point B but past that it's not much to get excited about."