2014 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,338 - $19,992.

10/6.4

6.9

Based on 365 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

7.2/10
    6.9/10
    7.2/10
    7.1/10

Owned 2010 4yrs next month, bought a new crew

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "7 passanger, 6 cyl. lots of toys to play with."

"Our 2010 SXT was excellent. 7 passanger, 6 cyl. ran great. put 45K miles on it and traded it yesterday for a new 2013 journey crew, fully loaded. Plenty of room to take the grand kids on vacation. Rides better than the 3 previous Cadillacs we've owned. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great comfortable suv. Always get the 6 cyl. lots of power to spare. Lots of toys on the new one to make traveling fun."

I would replace

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"I have had my 2009 since June of 09 and I love it. The third row seats folds flat which gives me room that my previous mini van didn't for groceries. This is by far the best vehicle for the money I have owned that fits my family of 6. If I wrecked it today, I would have another one tomorrow. I don't regret my decision one bit."

Great car for the money

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Easy to see out of."

Cons: "Should have more standard feature"

"Very pleased with the Journey. It is my wife's car and she likes it because she can see out of it. Good gas mileage on the highway 26-28 mpg and about 21-22 mpg in town. This Journey has the 4cyl offered and has all the power we need. Wife did not like the 6cyl. It had too much power for her. Fit & trim are very good. Seats are comfortable & fit my body. I would suggest either tinted windows or have them tinted. Makes a lot of difference. Overall very pleased"

Better than expected 2013

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, Good price, Sporty!"

Cons: "3rd row access, Engine selection, Blind spots."

"Compared to what Chevy and Ford were offering, for the money and the packaging and design,no one could beat the Journey. The Journey's 3rd row although nice isn't made for any one other than kids. This thing isn't a school bus and doesn't pretend to be. It has loads of cargo room with the 3rd row folded. Love the large screen uconnect controls. They are easy to see and operate. Interior lighting is more than I expected. Plenty of power ports. Easy to get in and out of. The only thing is the Gas mileage is a little on the low side, 24 or so with the 4 cylinder, and not as peppy but works fine as a highway cruiser. The turning radius is best I have seen on any vehicle out side a Mercedes. Turns on a dime and gives you change! Just A much better vehicle than the earlier models. I think most all the bugs have been ironed out."

Great crossover for the right price

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "MPG, utility, comfort, performance, radio"

Cons: "Residual value"

"We have owned our 2012 Dodge Journey SXT for about 18 months and love it as much now and the day we bought it new. I don't know how anyone in the real world could ever give this a bad review. Professional auto writers are comparing it based on their vast experience with much more expensive crossovers and SUV's but don't use it for real world function for a family of 4 or 5. This holds the family and all of our stuff quite nicely. We got the V6 which I would recommend to everyone since they aren't that much more, hold their value so much better than the 4 cylinders, and the performance matches anything else I've drive. The road handling and feel is as nice as my Dodge Challenger. There is limited body roll in corners and it cruises smooth and quiet down the highway. Gas mileage is great and beats the EPA estimates in the city and on the highway. The standard features are adequate and we added the safety package with the larger screen radio and rear backup camera. With all Chrysler/Dodge products, you have to do your research and find a very good price with lots of rebates because these don't hold their value very well at all. So if you're someone who buys a car and then trades it in every two years then you'll want to avoid this one. We are about even with book value so finding the most rebates in essential. But if you own a car 5+ year this is the best value out there because it's a great price for a lot of car and what it's worth after 18 or 24 months doesn't really matter if you're not looking to sell it."